Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: write in ebcdic format
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting write in ebcdic format Post 302403329 by ahmedwaseem2000 on Friday 12th of March 2010 05:42:03 AM
Old 03-12-2010
write in ebcdic format

Hi - Is there a way to write the data in the ebcdic format. I mean I already have one file in the ebcdic format and I have to add a couple of rows to it in the ebcdic format. could any one please let me know how can I do that.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

write data into a text file in bold format

Hi, can anyone help to write data into a text file in bold format and rollback to actual format. Thanks, Regards, Milton Y. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: miltony
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to write script in compress format

i have the script how to write script in compress format in tar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naveeng.81
1 Replies

3. Programming

how to write a file to binary format in C ?

I'm in the Solaris environment. I want to write data to a file, but I don't want it to be easily read from the C shell. For example, here's my code: main () { FILE *fo; fo = fopen ("filename", "w"); fprintf (fo, "This is a test.\n"); fclose (fo); } Anyone can open up... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: serendipity1276
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

write a perl script or kornshell reading a two files and outputting to comma format

Hello Can someone help me to write a perl script or kornshell reading a two files and outputting to comma format. Here is the two files listofdisks.txt id, diskname, diskgroup, diskisze(GB), FC 1, CN34, GRP1, 30, FC_CN34 2, CN67, GRP5, 19, 4, VD1, GRP4, 23, FC_VD1 6, CF_D1, ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: deiow
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

read/write,write/write lock with smbclient fails

Hi, We have smb client running on two of the linux boxes and smb server on another linux system. During a backup operation which uses smb, read of a file was allowed while write to the same file was going on.Also simultaneous writes to the same file were allowed.Following are the settings in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swatidas11
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write shell script for input file name format checking?

Hello, I had written a shell script that accepts input file as cmd line argument and process this file. if ; then if ; then . $1 LOGFILE="$LOG_FILE/MIG_BIOS.log"; get_input_file else ERROR_CODE=MSCRM0005_003 error "$ERROR_CODE : Input file $1 is not available"; exit... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poonamol
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help! EBCDIC format to ASCII

Hi everyone, I have a 70MB EBCDIC file, with record length 102, block size 32742 and IBM standard label. I commanded dd if=input file of=outputfie ibs=32742 cbs=102 conv=ascii but I still don't get a viewable file under ASCII. Can anyone told me what's the problem? Do I need... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: hrchl86
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

EBCDIC Format to ASCII

Hi, we have source file with EBCDIC format(Main Frame files) where we receving from source system. I would like to convert the EBCDIC format file to unix systemformat(ex: .csv,txt ) I have wrote script like: dd if=<SRCPATH>yyy.xxx.RB065 of=<SRCPATH>/output.csv ibs=800 cbs=80... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

EBCDIC Format to Normal String

Hi, I have EBCDIC format file and i wold like to convert normal string(user readable) in unix . The source having the binary IBM file format Sample Source Format: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Check if file is EBCDIC or ASCII format

So, i have this requirement where i need to check the file format, whether it's EBCDIC or ASCII, and based on format retrieve the information from that file: my file is: file1.txt-->this ebcdic file file2.txt-->ascii file i tried below code: file=file1.txt type="`file $file`" i get... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnnsprapa
7 Replies
DD(1)							      General Commands Manual							     DD(1)

NAME
dd - convert and copy a file SYNOPSIS
dd [ option value ] ... DESCRIPTION
Dd copies the specified input file to the specified output with possible conversions. The standard input and output are used by default. The input and output block size may be specified to take advantage of raw physical I/O. The options are -if f Open file f for input. -of f Open file f for output. -ibs n Set input block size to n bytes (default 512). -obs n Set output block size (default 512). -bs n Set both input and output block size, superseding ibs and obs. If no conversion is specified, preserve the input block size instead of packing short blocks into the output buffer. This is particularly efficient since no in-core copy need be done. -cbs n Set conversion buffer size. -skip n Skip n input records before copying. -iseek n Seek n records forward on input file before copying. -files n Catenate n input files (useful only for magnetic tape or similar input device). -oseek n Seek n records from beginning of output file before copying. -count n Copy only n input records. -conv ascii Convert EBCDIC to ASCII. ebcdic Convert ASCII to EBCDIC. ibm Like ebcdic but with a slightly different character map. block Convert variable length ASCII records to fixed length. unblock Convert fixed length ASCII records to variable length. lcase Map alphabetics to lower case. ucase Map alphabetics to upper case. swab Swap every pair of bytes. noerror Do not stop processing on an error. sync Pad every input record to ibs bytes. Where sizes are specified, a number of bytes is expected. A number may end with or to specify multiplication by 1024 or 512 respectively; a pair of numbers may be separated by to indicate a product. Multiple conversions may be specified in the style: is used only if or conversion is specified. In the first two cases, n characters are copied into the conversion buffer, any specified character mapping is done, trailing blanks are trimmed and new-line is added before sending the line to the output. In the latter three cases, characters are read into the conversion buffer and blanks are added to make up an output record of size n. If is unspecified or zero, the and options convert the character set without changing the block structure of the input file; the and options become a simple file copy. SOURCE
/sys/src/cmd/dd.c SEE ALSO
cp(1) DIAGNOSTICS
Dd reports the number of full + partial input and output blocks handled. DD(1)