Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris VI Editor issue "E558: Terminal entry not found in terminfo" Post 302403068 by jlliagre on Thursday 11th of March 2010 10:04:11 AM
Old 03-11-2010
Vim isn't part of Solaris 10. Where did you get it ? Was it properly installed ?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

what difference between "terminal" and "console"

1 . Thank you for reading the post first. 2 . what difference between "terminal" and "console" (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chenhao_no1
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No utpmx entry: you must exec "login" from lowest level "shell"

Hi I have installed solaris 10 on an intel machine. Logged in as root. In CDE, i open terminal session, type login alex (normal user account) and password and i get this message No utpmx entry: you must exec "login" from lowest level "shell" :confused: What i want is: open various... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: peterpan
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

""Help Me!""Beginner awk learning issue

Hi All, I have just now started learning awk from the source - Awk - A Tutorial and Introduction - by Bruce Barnett and the bad part is that I am stuck on the very first example for running the awk script. The script is as - #!/bin/sh # Linux users have to change $8 to $9 awk ' BEGIN ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: csrohit
6 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

"Locate" Shows Files but Not "LS" in Terminal

OS-X 10.8.4 Using locate I get these results: 10:~ mize$ locate /Users/mize/*.sh /Users/mize/Zend/workspaces/DefaultWorkspace/SLM/vendor/ZF2/bin/check-cs.sh /Users/mize/copy_ascii_upload.sh /Users/mize/copy_ascii_upload_to_server.sh /Users/mize/copy_form_functions_php_to_jpl.sh... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary Mize
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace multiple "&nbsp;" entry with in <td> tag into single entry using sed?

I have the input file like this. Input file: 12.txt 1) There are one or more than one <tr> tags in same line. 2) Some tr tags may have one <td> or more tna one <td> tags within it. 3) Few <td> tags having "<td> &nbsp; </td>". Few having more than one "&nbsp;" entry in it. <tr> some td... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomasraj87
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
toe(1)							      General Commands Manual							    toe(1)

NAME
toe - table of (terminfo) entries SYNOPSIS
toe [-v[n]] [-ahuUV] file... DESCRIPTION
With no options, toe lists all available terminal types by primary name with descriptions. File arguments specify the directories to be scanned; if no such arguments are given, your default terminfo directory is scanned. If you also specify the -h option, a directory header will be issued as each directory is entered. There are other options intended for use by terminfo file maintainers: -a report on all of the terminal databases which ncurses would search, rather than only the first one that it finds. -u file says to write a report to the standard output, listing dependencies in the given terminfo/termcap source file. The report condenses the `use' relation: each line consists of the primary name of a terminal that has use capabilities, followed by a colon, followed by the whitespace-separated primary names of all terminals which occur in those use capabilities, followed by a newline -U file says to write a report to the standard output, listing reverse dependencies in the given terminfo/termcap source file. The report reverses the `use' relation: each line consists of the primary name of a terminal that occurs in use capabilities, followed by a colon, followed by the whitespace-separated primary names of all terminals which depend on it, followed by a newline. -vn specifies that (verbose) output be written to standard error, showing toe's progress. The optional parameter n is a number from 1 to 10, interpreted as for tic(1). -V reports the version of ncurses which was used in this program, and exits. FILES
/usr/share/terminfo/?/* Compiled terminal description database. SEE ALSO
tic(1), infocmp(1), captoinfo(1), infotocap(1), ncurses(3NCURSES), terminfo(5). This describes ncurses version 5.9 (patch 20110404). toe(1)