Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FS Growth Graph
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FS Growth Graph Post 302402499 by Franklin52 on Wednesday 10th of March 2010 03:57:25 AM
Old 03-10-2010
First you can update the file file.out with:
Code:
awk 'NR==1{last=$5;print;next}{print $0, $5-last; last=$5}
' file.out > tempfile

mv tempfile file.out

Then you can use this script to add the increment per day:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

util=`df -k / | grep '/dev/md/dsk/d30'`
prev=`tail -1 file.out|awk '{print $5}'`
last=`echo "$util"|awk '{print $5}'`
grow=$(( $last - $prev ))
echo "`date +\"%m-%d-%Y %H:%M:%S\"`: $util $grow" >> file.out
exit 0

Regards

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

File growth monitoring

Hi, Can any one tell me how to find the growth of a file (monitor). Regards, Jey (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeyanthan_kr
1 Replies

2. Solaris

File system growth

Hi, Is there any method or scripts to check on the monthly file system growth? For example, would wan to check on the total growth on month November..is it possible? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: *Jess*
4 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

calculating disk space for growth

what's the best way to calculate the raw disk space in format. the system is a Solaris system using EMC disks- df -k will give me what's used plus available.Now I need the total disk space that the system is using/assigned. Which means I must inventory the raw disks in format. the system uses... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sholiver
6 Replies

4. Red Hat

History of Filesystem Growth

Hi, I am using RHEL AS 5. Is there any command from which I could get the filesystem growth statistics of the last 3 months? regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fahdmirza
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Daily DB growth script

Hello, I have a script SELECT TO_CHAR(creation_time, 'RRRR Month') "Month", SUM(bytes)/1024/1024 "Growth in MB" FROM sys.v_$datafile WHERE creation_time > SYSDATE-365 GROUP BY TO_CHAR(creation_time, 'RRRR Month') / It produces output similar to this Month ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnrpeardba
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK way of calculating growth

Hi All, IS there any 'awk' way to manipulate following data? Fruit Date Count Apple 20/08/2011 5 Apple 27/08/2011 7 Apple 05/09/2011 11 Apple 12/09/2011 3 Apple 19/09/2011 25 . . . . Orange 20/08/2011 9 Orange 27/08/2011 20 Orange 27/08/2011 7 Orange 05/09/2011 15 Orange... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aniketdixit
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Folder growth in mount points

I have a file server that has a pretty large folder tree. There's a shared folder, under that are 5 departmental folders. Nested inside of those are thousands of subfolders and files. I would like to be able to trace growth of those 5 departmental folders. There are certain particular... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arijitsaha
4 Replies

8. Programming

Tablespace growth trend

Hi experts, I have the below details with me.How to calculate the tablespace growth between two dates. sample data(have data upto 1 year): INSTANCE_NAME DATE TABLESPACE_NAME MB_ALLOC MB_FREE MB_USED PCT_FREE PCT_USED MAX ---------------- ---------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: navsan420
1 Replies
Graph::Writer::VCG(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Graph::Writer::VCG(3pm)

NAME
Graph::Writer::VCG - write out directed graph in VCG format SYNOPSIS
use Graph; use Graph::Writer::VCG; $graph = Graph->new(); # add edges and nodes to the graph $writer = Graph::Writer::VCG->new(); $writer->write_graph($graph, 'mygraph.vcg'); DESCRIPTION
Graph::Writer::VCG is a class for writing out a directed graph in the file format used by the VCG tool, originally developed for Visualising Compiler Graphs. The graph must be an instance of the Graph class, which is actually a set of classes developed by Jarkko Hietaniemi. If you have defined any attributes for the graph, nodes, or edges, they will be written out to the file, as long as they are attributes understood by VCG. METHODS
new() Constructor - generate a new writer instance. $writer = Graph::Writer::VCG->new(); This doesn't take any arguments. write_graph() Write a specific graph to a named file: $writer->write_graph($graph, $file); The $file argument can either be a filename, or a filehandle for a previously opened file. KNOWN BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
o Attributes with non-atomic values aren't currently handled. This includes the loc, classname, colorentry, and infoname attributes for graphs, and the loc attribute for nodes, o Can currently only handle graph, node, and edge elements and their attributes. So doesn't know about foldnode_defaults and things like that. SEE ALSO
http://www.cs.uni-sb.de/RW/users/sander/html/gsvcg1.html The home page for VCG. Graph Jarkko Hietaniemi's modules for representing directed graphs, available from CPAN under modules/by-module/Graph/ Algorithms in Perl The O'Reilly book which has a chapter on directed graphs, which is based around Jarkko's modules. Graph::Writer The base-class for Graph::Writer::VCG AUTHOR
Neil Bowers <neil@bowers.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2001-2012, Neil Bowers. All rights reserved. Copyright (c) 2001, Canon Research Centre Europe. All rights reserved. This script is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-02-14 Graph::Writer::VCG(3pm)