Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help required Unix and Web page Integration. Post 302401876 by pinga123 on Monday 8th of March 2010 06:07:42 AM
Old 03-08-2010
Help required Unix and Web page Integration.

HI guys ,

I want to create a simple website which can communicate with unix server.
For example i want to run some command on a unix server through a website.

What will be the best approach to do the same.

Kindly help .

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

making a web page

Hey im new to unix! I am tryin to create a web page in unix and have done it all but when i try and load it it says permission denied!?> i have chmod a+rx for folder and file to make sure but still permissions wont let me?! any ideas can anyone do a quick run through of how to make a web page... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashora
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing Web Page

Hello, I am new to unix, but wanted to know how can we fetch data from a web page (i.e. an HTML Page), my requirement is to read an html page and wanted to create a flat file (text file) based on the contents available in the mentioned HTML page. Thanks Imtiaz (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Imtiaz
3 Replies

3. Programming

fetching a web page in C

Hello, I'm a total newbie to HTTP commands, so I'm not sure how to do this. What I'd like is to write a C program to fetch the contents of a html page of a given address. Could someone help with this? Thanks in advance! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rayne
4 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Html web page to Unix Connectivity

Hi All, I need a basic overview of connecting a HTML web page to Unix I will give a brief of my exact requirement. There will be a front end HTML page - a web page which will have certain buttons. Each button will have certain functionality. For eg: There is a button for Disk Usage. When the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhilashnair
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

reading web page source in unix

is there a command that allows you to take a url and grab the source code from the page and output it to stdout? i want to know because i want to grab a page and pass it thru another program to analyze the page. any help would be appreciated thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaymzlee
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File to web page

Hi all, I am having an XML file. And as per requirement I need to map fields of this file with various field of web page. So how can I use wput command into it ? Regards, gander_ss (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gander_ss
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing to a web page

I have a shell script that runs periodic upgrades on machines. I want to print certain echo commands from the shell script onto a webpage. What command in shell should I use for doing this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Looking for a web page that won't let me in

Hi, I have a project for school using wget and egrep to locate pattern locations on a web page. One of the things we have to do is handle an "access denied" exception. Here is the problem, I can not think of/find any web pages that give me an access denied error to play with, can anyone suggest... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: njmiano
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

Help running a unix script from a web page

First, let me state that I am completely out of my realm with this. I have a server running HPUX. I'm not even sure if this can be considered a UNIX question and for that let me apologize in advance. I need to create a web page where a client can input 2 variables (i.e. date and phone number).... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: grinds
0 Replies

10. AIX

How to Use a UNIX Shell Script to Create an HTML Web Page?

dear friends , in my work i have to monitor some system performance in hourly basis by runing some commands , for example (lpstat) to know that all the queue is ready how can i create webpage and connect it with the server (AIX operating system) and make this page refreshed every 10 second and... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: rami abusweilei
12 Replies
FCGIWRAP(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       FCGIWRAP(8)

NAME
fcgiwrap - serve CGI applications over FastCGI SYNOPSIS
fcgiwrap [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
fcgiwrap is a simple server for running CGI applications over FastCGI. It hopes to provide clean CGI support to Nginx (and other web servers that may need it). OPTIONS
-c number Number of fcgiwrap processes to prefork. -s socket_url A URL for the listen socket to bind to. By default fcgiwrap expects a listen socket to be passed on file descriptor 0, matching the FastCGI convention. The recommended way to deploy fcgiwrap is to run it under a process manager that takes care of opening the socket. However, for simple configurations and one-off tests this option may be used. Valid socket_urls include unix:/path/to/unix/socket, tcp:dot.ted.qu.ad:port and tcp6:[ipv6_addr]:port. -h Show a help message and exit. ENVIRONMENT
When running, fcgiwrap evaluates these environment variables set by the web server calling an fcgi-script. The variables DOCUMENT_ROOT and SCRIPT_NAME will be concatenated and the resulting executable run as CGI script wrapped as FastCGI, with the remainder after the script name available as PATH_INFO. To disable PATH_INFO mangling, set up your web server to pass SCRIPT_FILENAME, which should contain the com- plete path to the script. Then PATH_INFO will not be modified. DOCUMENT_ROOT directory which the script resides in SCRIPT_NAME actual executable SCRIPT_FILENAME complete path to CGI script. When set, overrides DOCUMENT_ROOT and SCRIPT_NAME EXAMPLE
The fastest way to see fcgiwrap do something is to launch it at the command line like this: fcgiwrap -s unix:/var/run/fcgiwrap.sock Apart from potential permission problems etc., it should be ready to accept FastCGI requests and run CGI scripts. Most probably you will want to launch fcgiwrap by spawn-fcgi using a configuration like this: FCGI_SOCKET=/var/run/fcgiwrap.sock FCGI_PROGRAM=/usr/sbin/fcgiwrap FCGI_USER=nginx FCGI_GROUP=www FCGI_EXTRA_OPTIONS="-M 0700" ALLOWED_ENV="PATH" Nginx can be configured to have the arbitrary CGI cgit run as FastCGI as follows: location / { fastcgi_param DOCUMENT_ROOT /var/www/localhost/htdocs/cgit/; fastcgi_param SCRIPT_NAME cgit; fastcgi_pass unix:/var/run/fastcgi.sock; } AUTHOR
fcgiwrap was written by Grzegorz Nosek <root@localdomain.pl> with contributions by W-Mark Kubacki <wmark@hurrikane.de>. This manual page was written by Jordi Mallach <jordi@debian.org> (with contributions by Grzegorz Nosek) for the Debian project (and may be used by others). Jun 3, 2010 FCGIWRAP(8)