Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: about ss5
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers about ss5 Post 302401344 by jostber on Friday 5th of March 2010 03:44:10 PM
Old 03-05-2010
Have you set up a firewall to control your traffic and IP addresses?

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Configuring TP Ethernet SS5 Solaris 8

Hey. how do i configure the Lance Ethernet in my SS5 i must use DHCP to get Internet access. i have tried sys-unconfig and ifconfig le0 plumb and dhcp. but no cigar. how do i configure ? i have had some problems with the /etc/hosts dir. it says it dosent exist and when i try to create it it says... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mads-nielsen
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Problems with SS5 Network

Hey. i have a SPARCstation 5 running solaris 8 and CDE, i know this hardware is really old but its the only Solaris machine i can afford at this time, (Student) but im having a hard time getting it on the internet, im using a cable modem, andt DHCP IPv4, but i can`t get a connection, i have heard... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mads-nielsen
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

about ss5

hi there. I have a dedicated server and 2 public IP eg. 111.111.111.111 222.222.222.222 for ss5, how can I control the output ip ? is it permit - 111.111.111.111 - 0.0.0.0/0 - - - - - and permit - 222.222.222.222 - 0.0.0.0/0 - - - - - (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xiaobaibbb
1 Replies
DUMMYNET(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 					       DUMMYNET(4)

NAME
dummynet -- traffic shaper, bandwidth manager and delay emulator DESCRIPTION
The dummynet system facility permits the control of traffic going through the various network interfaces, by applying bandwidth and queue size limitations, implementing different scheduling and queue management policies, and emulating delays and losses. The user interface for dummynet is implemented by the ipfw(8) utility, so please refer to the ipfw(8) manpage for a complete description of the dummynet capabilities and how to use it. Kernel Options The following options in the kernel configuration file are related to dummynet operation: IPFIREWALL enable ipfirewall (required for dummynet) IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE enable firewall output IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE_LIMIT limit firewall output DUMMYNET enable dummynet operation HZ set the timer granularity Generally, the following options are required: options IPFIREWALL options DUMMYNET options HZ=1000 # strongly recommended Additionally, one may want to increase the number of mbuf clusters (used to store network packets) according to the sum of the bandwidth- delay products and queue sizes of all configured pipes. SEE ALSO
setsockopt(2), if_bridge(4), ip(4), ipfw(8), sysctl(8) HISTORY
The dummynet facility was initially implemented as a testing tool for TCP congestion control by Luigi Rizzo <luigi@iet.unipi.it>, as described on ACM Computer Communication Review, Jan.97 issue. Later it has been modified to work at the IP and bridging levels, integrated with the ipfw(4) packet filter, and extended to support multiple queueing and scheduling policies. BSD
October 28, 2002 BSD