Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: pointer conversion in c
Top Forums Programming pointer conversion in c Post 302400463 by surubi_abada on Wednesday 3rd of March 2010 08:51:07 AM
Old 03-03-2010
pointer conversion in c

hi there fellos

could someone teach me how to convert a character pointer into an integer using c

much love

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

pointer

void main() { int a={1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10}; int *p=a; int *q=&a; cout<<q-p+1<<endl; } The output is 10, how? if we give cout<<q it will print the address, value won't print.... if we give cout<<p it will print the address, value won't print.... p has the base addr; q... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarwan
1 Replies

2. Programming

file pointer

hi all: bankpro again, i want to open a file and close it after an hour (i.e open and close the file ptr) In the mean time i will be executing my jobs using the shell (CommandInterpreter). plz help... :cool: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankpro
3 Replies

3. Programming

file pointer

what is the difference between a file pointer and a file descriptor. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bankpro
1 Replies

4. Programming

Regarding char Pointer

Hi, char *s="yamaha"; cout<<s<<endl; int *p; int i=10; p=&i; cout<<p<<endl; 1) For the 1st "cout" we will get "yamaha" as output. That is we are getting "content of the address" for cout<<s. 2) But for integer "cout<<p" we are getting the "address only". Please clarify how we are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sweta
2 Replies

5. Programming

address of pointer

Hi i'm new to c programming and i'm trying to change the address of a pointer/variable but i can't seem to get it right, I have this char heap; char *firstFree = heap; char *allocMem( int size ) { void *malloc(size_t sizeofint); /*allocate space for an array with size... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poison Ivy
19 Replies

6. Programming

far pointer

what is far pointer in C (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: useless79
1 Replies

7. Programming

pass a pointer-to-pointer, or return a pointer?

If one wants to get a start address of a array or a string or a block of memory via a function, there are at least two methods to achieve it: (1) one is to pass a pointer-to-pointer parameter, like: int my_malloc(int size, char **pmem) { *pmem=(char *)malloc(size); if(*pmem==NULL)... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaronwong
11 Replies

8. Programming

matrix pointer

Can anyone tell me what the following statements do? float (*tab); tab=(float (*)) calloc(MAXCLASS, (MAXCLASS+1)*sizeof(float)); (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: littleboyblu
3 Replies

9. Programming

Pointer to pointers

Hi guys, I'm trying to understand pointers in C and made a simple example and I've problems with It. Can someone help? #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <assert.h> int f1(char **str_); int main(int argc, char **argv) { char *str = NULL; f1(&str); ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pharaoh
3 Replies

10. Programming

pointer problem

Does anyone know? int x = 1; int *p = &++x; //ok ! int *q = &x++; //gives an error :O why the first pointer is ok but the second is an error? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: nishrestha
13 Replies
ltostr(3C)																ltostr(3C)

NAME
ltostr(), ultostr(), ltoa(), ultoa() - convert long integers to strings SYNOPSIS
Obsolescent Interfaces DESCRIPTION
Convert a signed long integer to the corresponding string representation in the specified base. The argument base must be between 2 and 36, inclusive. Convert an unsigned long integer to the corresponding string representation in the specified base. The argument base must be between 2 and 36, inclusive. Convert a signed long integer to the corresponding base 10 string representation, returning a pointer to the result. Convert an unsigned long integer to the corresponding base 10 string representation, returning a pointer to the result. These functions are smaller and faster than using for simple conversions (see printf(3S)). Obsolescent Interfaces convert long integers to strings. ERRORS
If the value of base is not between 2 and 36, and return NULL and set the external variable to ERANGE. WARNINGS
The return values for and point to data whose content is overwritten by subsequent calls to these functions by the same thread. and are obsolescent interface supported only for compatibility with existing DCE applications. New multi-threaded applications should use and AUTHOR
and were developed by HP. SEE ALSO
strtol(3C), printf(3S), thread_safety(5). ltostr(3C)