Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Mounting volume icons on connected servers Post 302400207 by tlarkin on Tuesday 2nd of March 2010 03:14:43 PM
Old 03-02-2010
The file that holds this preference is in your home folder located at ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Finder.plist

You want this key enabled to set the preference to show mounted network volumes on the desktop

Code:
<key>ShowMountedServersOnDesktop</key>
	<true/>

You can alternatively use MCX if you are using 10.5 or higher to set a profile for these machines, but since you only have to manage 3 of them I would say that is a bit excessive.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting Netware Volume

I have an Intranetware 4.11 server with a shared directory that I want to be able to access from my SCO UNIX server. I think I need to mount the netware volume from within UNIX, but I don't know the proper syntax for mounting it. When I'm done I would like to be able to copy files from the UNIX... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamacin
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LVM - Extending Logical Volume within Volume Group

Hello, I have logical volume group of 50GB, in which I have 2 logical volumes, LogVol01 and LogVol02, both are of 10GB. If I extend LogVol01 further by 10GB, then it keeps the extended copy after logical volume 2. I want to know where it keeps this information Regards Himanshu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghimanshu
3 Replies

3. Solaris

How to resize mirror volume in veritas volume manager 3.5 on Solaris 9 OE

Hi all, I have a problem with vxvm volume which is mirror with two disks. when i am try to increase file system, it is throwing an ERROR: can not allocate 5083938 blocks, ERROR: can not able to run vxassist on this volume. Please find a sutable solutions. Thanks and Regards B. Nageswar... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nageswarb
0 Replies

4. AIX

Moving a Logical Volume from one Volume Group to Another

Does anyone have any simple methods for moving a current logical volume from one volume group to another? I do not wish to move the data from one physical volume to another. Basically, I want to "relink" the logical volume to exist in a different volume group. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krisw
2 Replies

5. AIX

Basic Filesystem / Physical Volume / Logical Volume Check

Hi! Can anyone help me on how I can do a basic check on the Unix filesystems / physical volumes and logical volumes? What items should I check, like where do I look at in smit? Or are there commands that I should execute? I need to do this as I was informed by IBM that there seems to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chipahoys
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

mounting ntfs volume in RHEL5

Need a little help here. I am having trouble mounting an NTFS volume in RHEL5, here are the commands. root # mount -t ntfs-3g /dev/sda1 /media/my-volume FATAL: Module fuse not found. ntfs-3g-mount: fuse device is missing, try 'modprobe fuse' as root root # modprobe fuse FATAL: Module fuse... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: etcpasswd
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Mounting UFS partition on multiple servers?

Hi, I have an application on a SAN partition presented to one server only. If I share this SAN partition with a second server as well, will that cause data corruption (the partition is formatted using ufs) ? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VERITAS Volume Manager - mirror a disk/volume

I have a machine (5.10 Generic_142900-03 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V210) that we are upgrading the storage and my task is to mirror what is already on the machine to the new disk. I have the disk, it is labeled and ready but I am not sure of the next steps to mirror the existing diskgroup and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rookieuxixsa
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Confusion Regarding Physical Volume,Volume Group,Logical Volume,Physical partition

Hi, I am new to unix. I am working on Red Hat Linux and side by side on AIX also. After reading the concepts of Storage, I am now really confused regarding the terminologies 1)Physical Volume 2)Volume Group 3)Logical Volume 4)Physical Partition Please help me to understand these concepts. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashifsd17
6 Replies

10. Red Hat

No space in volume group. How to create a file system using existing logical volume

Hello Guys, I want to create a file system dedicated for an application installation. But there is no space in volume group to create a new logical volume. There is enough space in other logical volume which is being mounted on /var. I know we can use that logical volume and create a virtual... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
2 Replies
gnome-control-center(1) 					   User Commands					   gnome-control-center(1)

NAME
gnome-control-center, gnome-desktop-prefs - configure desktop preferences SYNOPSIS
gnome-control-center [gnome-std-options] [--noshell] DESCRIPTION
Desktop Preferences allows you to configure the GNOME desktop. If Nautilus is running, gnome-control-center will open up a new window and display all your preference tools. If Nautilus is not running, gnome-control-center will display a simple interface allowing you to select the preference tool to run. There are 3 categories of preference tools: Basic, Advanced, and Accessibility. Double-click on the tool that you require and the dialog for the tool will be displayed. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --noshell Do not display the Desktop Preferences in Nautilus. This is not a supported interface. gnome-std-optionStandard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching Desktop Preferences example% gnome-control-center EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-control-cExecutable for Desktop Preferences interface ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-desktop-preferences | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Preference Tools Manual Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. gnome-background-properties(1), gnome-font-properties(1), gnome-keyboard-properties(1), gnome-keybinding-properties(1), gnome-ui-proper- ties(1), gnome-mouse-properties(1), gnome-network-preferences(1), gnome-sound-properties(1), gnome-theme-properties(1), metacity-proper- ties(1), gnome-accessibility-keyboard-properties(1), cddb-slave2-properties(1), gnome-file-types-properties(1), gnome-panel-preferences(1), gnome-default-applications-properties(1), gnome-session-properties(1), gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Glynn Foster, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. SunOS 5.10 2 Oct 2003 gnome-control-center(1)