Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris eXceed and Solaris 10 - General Problems Post 302399587 by adelsin on Monday 1st of March 2010 01:38:41 AM
Old 03-01-2010
A FULL install cluster off of this Solaris 10 disc also does not provide xterm. As far as pkgadd from the Product folder on the disc, it does indeed label and note the dependencies. So even with a full install, there is no xterm. Any other ideas? What is the SUNW package for these things? Any ideas?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problems about installing Solaris 8 on PC

1. OSes coexistence can i install solaris 8 on my pc's 3th primary harddisk partition without damage the user and boot datas of installed operation system? and does i have to install Solaris 8 within several G(such as 8G) size of the harddisk? the following is partition table of my harddisk: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samprax
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can I use a general printer(HP LaserJet 1200) on solaris?

can it be used? how to config it? thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cloudsmell
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 9 mailx problems

how come I cant email myself, here is what im typing mailx saundersc Subject: hi hello world . EOT # su saundersc # mailx No mail for saundersc (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
5 Replies

4. Solaris

setup exceed solaris 10

Hi All, How do I setup exceed on solaris 10 either sparc or intel? When I ssh or telnet and exceed is already running? Nothing comes out when I run smc. Thanks in advance, itik (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
0 Replies

5. Solaris

General question about configuring DHCP on Solaris

Dears, my question is that possible to configure any server to work in solaris zone i mean any server cos i read that DHCP can't be work on solaris zone is that real or not Best Regards Alexander Corvinus (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: corvinusbsd
4 Replies

6. AIX

problems connecting with exceed (solved)

Hi, We have a user who cannot connect to the aix system anymore with hummingbird exceed. Our unix servers are aix 5.3. She is running windows xp and using hummingbird 12. She used to not have any problem, but now when she tries to use xstart she gets an error 'unable to connect to host using... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fwellers
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris Attribute Problems

When I modify the file attributes of files and run a ls -l to view the changes everything looks correct, however when I run the init 6 to reboot the server the file attributes devert back to the origininal read only permissions. Any help would be appreciated (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimcz2it
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 Log In problems

I installed Solaris 10 and I cannot get past the log in screen!!! It is asking for a user name and password!!! but I DID NOT set one up during install!!! I set up a password but it is NOT accepting that!! I am at a loss of what to do!!! what do I need to do to get past the log in scree??? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moltres_rider
2 Replies

9. Solaris

solaris booting problems

hi am trying to get some knowledge on Solaris common trouble shooting problems.. can some one help me in getting most common issues.. and how to solve those issues. thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aravindreddy
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Execution Problems with Solaris 8

i have problems with using solaries 8 . code and commands for extracting files from CD ? especially extracting file.jar from package and batch (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moh_abaloo
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)