Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parse Multi-Section Configuration File Post 302399356 by LAVco on Saturday 27th of February 2010 03:49:17 PM
Old 02-27-2010
Havenīt touched shell in years, but itīs fun to get back into it (missed scratching my head), LOL!

Thanks again everyone...

---------- Post updated at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:59 PM ----------

I should have provided additional value scenarios but the above is not parsing the following key-values:

Code:
[STATION]
Region = NL
Organization = NLDOT
StationName = "Chateau Pond"
StationClientId = NLPCP
StationNetworkId = NLDOT_NLPCP
[NETWORK-CAMERA.C1]
Username = root
Password = admin
Host = 192.168.2.90
HttpCommand = /axis-cgi/jpg/image.cgi?resolution=320x240
Retries = 3
[DATA-CENTER.S1]
Username = root2
Password = admin2
Passive = no
Host = 192.168.1.100
Path = /uploads
[DATA-CENTER.S2]
Username = root3
Password = admin3
Passive = no
Host = 192.168.1.101
Path = /upload

any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by LAVco; 02-27-2010 at 04:56 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multi-file multi-edit

Good day! I am trying to learn how to use the "sed" editor, to perform multiple edits on multiple files in multiple directories. I have one script that tries to call up each file and process it according to the edits listed in a second script. I am using a small input text to test these, at... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kielitaide
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and extract by section from configuration

Hi, I understand either AWK or SED can do this, but I not sure how to extract the following configuration in section. Meaning when I need to find code with " ip helper-address 192.168.11.2" , it would start from "interface Serial0/0" and "interface FastEthernet0/1". Only displaying both section... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haphazard
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract section of file based on word in section

I have a list of Servers in no particular order as follows: virtualMachines="IIBSBS IIBVICDMS01 IIBVICMA01"And I am generating some output from a pre-existing script that gives me the following (this is a sample output selection). 9/17/2010 8:00:05 PM: Normal backup using VDRBACKUPS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse configuration file & add line in particular section

Greetings, I recently built a replicated DRBD, Heartbeat, & iSCSI Target Initiator storage server on Ubuntu 10.04 to offer shared storage to server Vmware ESX and Microsoft Clusters. Everything works flawlessly, however I wanted to make a script to create, remove, grow volumes to offer ESX... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aeudian
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SH script to parse string and return multi-line file

Hello all, I have been asked to exercise my shell scripting and it has been 10 plus years since I used to do it so I can not remember hardly anything and ask for your help. What I need to do is copy a line out of a file that can be 10 to 100 characters long, I then need to parse this line into... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alivadoro
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete a section of a file if...

i have a file as below that has n section : 2006 0101 1236 49.3 L 37.902 48.482 0.0 Teh 5 0.2 2.7LTeh 1 GAP=238 E Iranian Seismological Center, Institute of Geophysics, University of Tehran 6 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oreka18
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi-line filtering based on multi-line pattern in a file

I have a file with data records separated by multiple equals signs, as below. ========== RECORD 1 ========== RECORD 2 DATA LINE ========== RECORD 3 ========== RECORD 4 DATA LINE ========== RECORD 5 DATA LINE ========== I need to filter out all data from this file where the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Finja
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to substract selective values in multi row, multi column file (using awk or sed?)

Hi, I have a problem where I need to make this input: nameRow1a,text1a,text2a,floatValue1a,FloatValue2a,...,floatValue140a nameRow1b,text1b,text2b,floatValue1b,FloatValue2b,...,floatValue140b look like this output: nameRow1a,text1b,text2a,(floatValue1a - floatValue1b),(floatValue2a -... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nricardo
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Xml multi parse question

awk -F "" '/<Id>|<id>|<Source>|<source>|<Accession>|<accession>|<TestName>|<testname>/ {print $2, $3}' OFS='\t' Test.xml The above code works great, but lets say I wanted the <Analyte> name (<Name>STAT3). The word <name> is unique so there will be multiple records pulled. Is there a way to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to parse section of csv into array

In the awk below I am trying to parse the Sample Name below the section. The values that are extracted are read into array s(each value in a row seperated by a space) which will be used later in a bash script. The awk does execute but no values are printed. I am also not sure how to print in a row... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. Please notice this option isn't related to the terminal length as in a "80 culums terminal". --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do right to left (RTL) layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter and A4. Default is A4. Postscript points Each postscript point equals to 1/72 of an inch. 36 points are 1/2 of an inch. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --gutter-width=gw Set gutter width. Default is 40 postscript points. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)