Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Multi thread data sharing problem in uclinux Post 302397363 by Corona688 on Monday 22nd of February 2010 01:38:55 AM
Old 02-22-2010
Try 'volatile int lock'. If you're going to modify a variable out from under something else in mysterious ways like threading or memory poking, you have to tell the compiler so. Otherwise it feels free to optimize it away on the assumption that it won't change until it changes it itself.

You should really be using mutexes, though.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Multi threading using posix thread library

hi all, can anyone tell me some good site for the mutithreading tutorials, its application, and some code examples. -sushil (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shushilmore
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mmap vs shared memory - which is best for sharing data between applications?

Between mmap and shared memory which is the best method of sharing data between multiple applications, interms of speed? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmds
2 Replies

3. Programming

forking. sharing global data in childs

hi, i want to write a code for forking 3 4 child. n wants that every child process one of the account from global account list. i wrote a program for that, but problem is every child is processing every account in list. what can me done to avoid it. attaching code with it #include <stdio.h>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anup13
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Windows/Solaris data sharing

Hi all, I have a request from Developer team in my compagny, they would like to be able to share data between unix and windows world. 1. We would like to be able to see Unix data from Windows : ?Samba ? 2 We would like to be able to see windows data from Solaris (Mount point) : ?NFS server... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclefab
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

data sharing between process

hi ! i want to make 2 c prog such tht if i give an input in 1st prog then i can use tht input in 2nd. so over all i want to do data sharing between process using files. plz give me suggestions how can i achieve this ? thanks ya! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sgupta
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi thread shell programming

I have a unix directory where a million of small text files getting accumulated every week. As of now there is a shell batch program in place which merges all the files in this directory into a single file and ftp to other system. Previously the volume of the files would be around 1 lakh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vk39221
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cross-compiling libiconv for uclinux

Hi everyone, I want to cross-compile libiconv for uclinux to create a static library. I use the following command : ./configure --enable-static --disable-shared --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu --host=nios2-unknown-linux-gnu --prefix=/home/captain/Programs/nios2-linux/uClinux-dist/staging/usr... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moganesh
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi thread awk command for faster performance

Hi, I have a script below for extracting xml from a file. for i in *.txt do echo $i awk '/<.*/ , /.*<\/.*>/' "$i" | tr -d '\n' echo -ne '\n' done . I read about using multi threading to speed up the script. I do not know much about it but read it on this forum. Is it a... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetan.c
21 Replies
ATOMIC_DEC(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 					     ATOMIC_DEC(3)

NAME
atomic_dec, atomic_dec_32, atomic_dec_uint, atomic_dec_ulong, atomic_dec_ptr, atomic_dec_64, atomic_dec_32_nv, atomic_dec_uint_nv, atomic_dec_ulong_nv, atomic_dec_ptr_nv, atomic_dec_64_nv -- atomic decrement operations SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/atomic.h> void atomic_dec_32(volatile uint32_t *ptr); void atomic_dec_uint(volatile unsigned int *ptr); void atomic_dec_ulong(volatile unsigned long *ptr); void atomic_dec_ptr(volatile void *ptr); void atomic_dec_64(volatile uint64_t *ptr); uint32_t atomic_dec_32_nv(volatile uint32_t *ptr); unsigned int atomic_dec_uint_nv(volatile unsigned int *ptr); unsigned long atomic_dec_ulong_nv(volatile unsigned long *ptr); void * atomic_dec_ptr_nv(volatile void *ptr); uint64_t atomic_dec_64_nv(volatile uint64_t *ptr); DESCRIPTION
The atomic_dec family of functions decrement (by one) the variable referenced by ptr in an atomic fashion. The *_nv() variants of these functions return the new value. The 64-bit variants of these functions are available only on platforms that can support atomic 64-bit memory access. Applications can check for the availability of 64-bit atomic memory operations by testing if the pre-processor macro __HAVE_ATOMIC64_OPS is defined. SEE ALSO
atomic_ops(3) HISTORY
The atomic_dec functions first appeared in NetBSD 5.0. BSD
April 11, 2007 BSD