Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Undo vgextend
Operating Systems HP-UX Undo vgextend Post 302396325 by methyl on Thursday 18th of February 2010 07:26:13 AM
Old 02-18-2010
Your filesystem is actually 124 Gb (3996 x 32 Mb) not 4 GB. It is spread across the four 32 Gb discs which make up volume group vg232.

It is inadvisible to reduce a filesystem which contains data. Unless you particularly need to create another lvol in vg232 the large lvol1 would appear to be harmless.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Undo delete

HI folks, I have just deleted a folder which i need it back. I am not a big unix user so any help is appreciated. The thing is that i had found images in a folder: ./home/tom/.kde/share/cache/http/b/.jpg as you can see these images should not really be here. When i asked a guy in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cormacodonnell
7 Replies

2. AIX

undo installation on AIX 4.3

Hi, How can I undo installation of a package on AIX 4.3 properly? It's an install script. On linux, I usually just kill the process and delete from disk with this command "find .... exec rm -r {}\;". And it usually works. Can I do the same with AIX 4.3? Thanks, Itik (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

how to undo the last installed update on fedora.

Hi All, I'm a newbie to system administration, I'd like to know how to check the logs (what update was installed last) , and I'd like to know how to undo the last update on the fedora 9 system ( kindof an equivalent to system restore in windows). I have a HP 22 inch monitor, when I installed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doing undo in Vi editor

I generally use 'u' to do undo in vi editor. The problem is that it only does one level of undo. Is it possible to recursively undo all the changes in vi editor till we reach the original stage. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragkalra
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

HPUX 11.31 vgextend fail

Hi, when i try to add new disk, it's an XP disk from SAN (lun) to the volume group, it fails because "TOO MANY LINKS" :/etc/cmcluster/icastst$ vgextend /dev/vgicastst /dev/disk/disk684 Current path "/dev/dsk/c51t8d3" is an alternate link, skip. Current path "/dev/dsk/c51t8d4" is an... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I undo a link?

Hi. Newbie here....so Unix for Dummies question for sure. I was compiling a piece of software and having problems and somebody suggested: sudo ln -s /usr/X11 /usr/X11R6 Didn't work. How do I undo this? I am on a Mac OS X snow leopard. I figure it is something with the unlink command... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: stoucha
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Undo in unix

Hi All, Is there any undo option is there in unix same as recycle bin in windows? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jairaj
5 Replies

8. Solaris

disabled nwam - how to undo?

I installed Solaris 11 Express on my machine and connected to it remotely using putty. I then run the svcadm disable /network/physical:nwam command to stop the NWAM service. Now I cannot connect to the Solaris machine remotely anymore, but I have physical access to it as well. How do I undo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RychnD
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to undo hyphenation in columns

I have a file with two columns (output from Tivoli Storage Manager) where each column has 13 character spaces and they are separated by 5 spaces. The columns are schedule names and node names and many of them are longer than 13 characters so they get hyphenated by TSM during the output. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jongudm
3 Replies

10. AIX

mount /test / is it possible to undo?

Hello! As a totally newbie I was testing 'mount' command but it doesn't worked for me. then finally I used this commend above 'mount /test / ' - and sever doesn't respond now :/ Is it possible to undo somehow this commanand? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jui_01
5 Replies
VGEXTEND(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       VGEXTEND(8)

NAME
vgextend - add physical volumes to a volume group SYNOPSIS
vgextend [-A|--autobackup y|n] [-d|--debug] [-h|-?|--help] [--restoremissing] [-f|--force] [-t|--test] [-v|--verbose] [ PHYSICAL DEVICE OPTIONS ] VolumeGroupName PhysicalDevicePath [PhysicalDevicePath...] DESCRIPTION
vgextend allows you to add one or more initialized physical volumes ( see pvcreate(8) ) to an existing volume group to extend it in size. Moreover, it allows you to re-add a physical volume that has gone missing previously, due to a transient device failure, without re-ini- tialising it. Use vgextend --restoremissing to that effect. If PhysicalDevicePath was not previously configured for LVM with pvcreate (8), the device will be initialized with the same default values used with pvcreate. If non-default pvcreate values are are desired, they may be given on the commandline with the same options as pvcre- ate. See PHYSICAL DEVICE OPTIONS for available options. Note that the restore-related options such as --restorefile, --uuid, and --physi- calvolumesize are not available. If a restore operation is needed, use pvcreate (8) and vgcfgrestore (8). OPTIONS
See lvm for common options. PHYSICAL DEVICE OPTIONS
The following options are available for initializing physical devices in the volume group. These options are further described in the pvcreate man page. -f, --force -y, --yes -Z, --zero y|n --labelsector sector --metadatasize size [--metadataignorey|n] --pvmetadatacopies copies --dataalignment alignment --dataalignmentoffset alignment_offset Examples "vgextend vg00 /dev/sda4 /dev/sdn1" tries to extend the existing volume group "vg00" by the new physical volumes (see pvcreate(8) ) "/dev/sdn1" and /dev/sda4". SEE ALSO
lvm(8), vgcreate(8), vgreduce(8), pvcreate(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06) VGEXTEND(8)