Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bash Questions
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash Questions Post 302394897 by danihj on Saturday 13th of February 2010 09:25:54 AM
Old 02-13-2010
Bash Questions

Hello I have to do a program in Bash, need help because it does not go out for me and go enough time with this!!

Five directories(boards of directors) that more occupy, arranged according to size. To measure the size of every directory(board of directors) there must not be included the size of his(her,your) subdirectories(subboards of directors).

Ten normal files that more occupy, always and when they overcome 3 MB.

The number of normal files that are script of shell (identified by the extension .sh) and the sum of the nímero of lines of each one of these files.

I wait that can to solve the problem before tomorrow that is when I have to deliver it and go a few days tied

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash and Perl interaction questions

hi. i´m working in bash and am trying to create a Perl daemon that controls bash´s behavior. this is actually in preparation for a later project i´ll be working on. basically, i´m looking for a way to have the Perl daemon tell bash what to do. i already have a small daemon that simply prints... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deryk
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to make your bash script run on a machine with csh and bash

hi, i have a script that runs on bash and would like to run it on a machine that has csh and bash. the default setting on that machine is csh. i dont want to change my code to run it with a csh shell. is there any way i can run the script (written in bash) on this machine? in other words is there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script questions for gurus

guys, I need a steer in the right direction for this issue. it would be great if anyone of you can help me out. i have a textfile where i want to swap the lines based on the user input. The textfile is looks like the #file 1 name TB #file 1 ID 1000 # #file for ID1 system1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mayi
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Questions

I am writing a Bash script that needs to get part of the current directory path. Let's say the current directory is /cat/dog/bird/mouse/ant. I know that the part that I want is between "bird/" and "/ant". In this case, I would want to set a variable to "mouse". If the current directory were... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RickS
4 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Print questions from a questions folder in a sequential order

1.) I am to write scripts that will be phasetest folder in the home directory. 2.) The folder should have a set-up,phase and display files I have written a small script which i used to check for the existing users and their password. What I need help with: I have a set of questions in a... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: moraks007
19 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Technical questions on bash,mysql and pHp

1. bash -bash escape rules, esp. ',", -how to use Ctrl+R reverse cmd search with regex? 2. mysql -how to use grep in mysql 3. php -why !0 is not evaluated to true? what's its value -php getopt: what if there is duplicate in cmdline args (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: John_Peter
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to select text and apply it to a selected file in bash

In the bash below I am asking the user for a panel and reading that into bed. Then asking the user for a file and reading that into file1.Is the grep in bold the correct way to apply the selected panel to the file? I am getting a syntax error. Thank you :) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run several bash commands put in bash command line?

How to run several bash commands put in bash command line without needing and requiring a script file. Because I'm actually a windows guy and new here so for illustration is sort of : $ bash "echo ${PATH} & echo have a nice day!" will do output, for example:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdulbadii
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

In Bash shell - the ps -ef shows only the /bin/bash but the script name is not displayed

In Bash shell - the ps -ef shows only the /bin/bash but the script name is not displayed ? Is there any way to get the script names for the process command ? --- Post updated at 08:39 AM --- in KSH (Korn Shell), my command output shows the script names but when run in the Bash Shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i4ismail
3 Replies
uucleanup(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      uucleanup(8)

NAME
uucleanup - Deletes selected old files from the uucp spool directory SYNOPSIS
uucleanup [options] FLAGS
If you specify one of the following flags, you must provide a value for days. The default value listed is used if the flag is not speci- fied. Removes any C.*(Command) files as old as or older than the number of days specified by days, and sends appropriate information to the requester. The default is 7 days. The -C and -W flags cannot be combined. Removes any D.*(Data) files as old as or older than the number of days specified in days. Also attempts to deliver any remaining mail messages. The default is 7 days. Includes a specified line of text in the warning message generated by the -W flag. The default line is: We have been unable to contact machine machine_name since you queued your job. The -m flag can be used only with the -W flag. Removes files in addition to those specified by the -C, -D, and -X flags that are as old as or older than the number of days specified in days. The default is 2 days. Executes uucleanup only on the spool directory specified by system. The default is to clean up all uucp spool directories. Note that system names can contain only ASCII characters. Removes TM.* (Temporary) files as old as or older than the number of days specified by the days argument. Also attempts to deliver any remaining mail messages. The default is 7 days. Sends a mail message to the requester warning that C*. files as old as or older than the number of days specified in days are still in the spool direc- tory. The message includes the job ID and, in the case of mail, the mail message. The administrator can use the -m flag to include a message line telling who to call to check the problem. The default is 1 day. Removes any X.*(Execute) files as old as or older than the number of days specified in days. The default is 2 days. Displays debugging information on the screen of the local termi- nal; level must be an integer from 0 to 9. The higher the number, the more detailed the debugging information. DESCRIPTION
The uucleanup program removes outdated files from the spool directory /usr/spool/uucp. The uucleanup program scans the /usr/spool/uucp spool directory for old files and takes appropriate action to remove them in a useful way. The uucleanup command performs the following tasks: Informs the requester of send/receive requests for systems that cannot be reached Warns users about requests that wait more than a specified number of days (the default is 1 day) Returns mail that cannot be delivered to the sender Removes all other files older than a specified number of days from the spool directory. The uucleanup program is not usually invoked from the command line, but is executed by the shell procedure uudemon.cleanu located in /usr/lib/uucp, which in turn is started by the cron script located in /usr/adm/cron/crontabs/uucp. Only someone with superuser privileges can issue the uucleanup command from the command line. To enable automatic cleanup, edit the file /usr/adm/cron/crontabs/uucp. Remove the # (number sign) from the beginning of the uude- mon.cleanu line. EXAMPLES
To locate files, enter: # uucleanup -W2 This form of the command locates C.* (Command) files 2 or more days old and warns the requesters that the files have not been sent. To send a message with a warning, enter: # uucleanup -W2 -mContact the System Admin about these files This form of the command locates C.* (Command) files 1 or more days old (the default), warns requesters their files have not been sent, and gives them the message: Contact the System Admin about these files. To clean up command files that are 8 or more days old, enter: # uucleanup -C8 This form of the command removes all C.* (Command) files 8 or more days old and sends an appropriate message to the requesters. Other uucp spool files are removed based on the default value for that type. To clean up data and execute files, enter: # uucleanup -D7 -X3 This form of the command removes all D.* (Data) files 7 or more days old (the default) and all X.* (Execute) files older than 3 days and attempts to deliver all undelivered mail. Remaining uucp spool files are removed based on the default value for that type. To clean up other files, enter: # uucleanup -o2 This form of the command removes uucp spool files according to their default values except for other files, which are removed if 2 days or older. To clean up all files at once, enter the command without flags: # uucleanup This form of the command removes all C.*, D.*, and X.* files, and all other files older than the default times. To clean up files for system hera, enter: # uucleanup -shera -C5 This form of the command removes all C.* files 5 or more days old and the other uucp spool files according to their default files for system hera (the files are in /usr/spool/uucp/hera/*). FILES
Specifies the command path. File that starts uudemon.cleanu shell procedure. Contains all the configuration files for uucp, and the uude- mon.cleanu shell procedure. Schedules uucp jobs for the cron daemon, including the uudemon.cleanu shell procedure. Contains files removed by the uucleanup command. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: cron(8), uucp(1), uustat(1), uux(1) delim off uucleanup(8)