Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Replacing a tape drive on HP NetServer e800 Post 302394799 by akirson on Friday 12th of February 2010 03:19:21 PM
Old 02-12-2010
See me slapping my forehead! I'll check on Monday when I get to that location.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Installing tape drive?

Hello. I have Redhat 8.0 on a laptop. Working good. I wanted to install the tape drive that is physically attached to it. The tape drive worked fine under Windows98SE. It's one of those parallel QIC-80 drives and I confirmed that it is supported by FTape. It appears that FTape might already... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RuralTurtle
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tape drive

Hi, I need to restore my tape backup, when I type "tape status" it gives; status : ready beginning-of-tape write-protected soft errors : 0 hard errors : 0 underruns : 3 but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alisevA3
4 Replies

3. AIX

Replacing tape drive in RS/6000 7025 F40 running AIX 4.2.1?

I've just landed in a situation where an old IBM RS/6000 7025 F40 running AIX 4.2.1 has had it's tape drive fail. The tape drive in question is an HP C1533A 4mm 4GB/8GB DAT drive. It repeatedly gets write failures, and my trusty techique of whacking the cleaning tape in hasn't worked. Unfortunately... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phaedrus
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rs600 tape drive

Hello sir Please I just have tape blocked inside the tape drive of my server. My server have 2 tape drives configured but only one is available (rmt0). The problem is that i have a separed tape drive ready to be connected to my server and i wan to know how to make available the second tape drive ?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sobnc
0 Replies

5. AIX

Tape Drive

I have tape drive in one Lpar. when i saw that time tape is in defined state. After that i deleted the tape drive using the rmdev -R command. Then fired the cfgmgr -v command. But I am not getting the tape drive. Now the drive is even not in defined state also. It is not shown the tape drive. How... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pernasivam
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Help with tape drive

Hey folks, Linux admin here, forced to use Opensolaris to try to use ufsdump/ufsrestore to get some data of some old tapes. I've got Opensolaris 2009.06 on x86 and a Sony SDX-700V. As a "control" experiment, I booted the system with a Linux live CD and the tape drive worked perfectly. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eddy_sysad
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using a remote tape drive.

Hello everyone. I googled a little bit, and the best anwers i had were found in this forum. But , unfortunately, they couldn't give me a solution. So i decided to ask the question completely. I have two servers: One RHEL 5 , x64 , with a SCSI DAT72 Tape Drive. Another (the new one), with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pablobhz
0 Replies

8. HP-UX

TAPE drive

I have used ioscan -fnC tape and the system identified the tape drive. what is the command to show a listing of what is on the tape? I have used ls /dev/rmt/rmt0 to no avail. can anyone help? Thanks in advance (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Randydog
10 Replies
time_lock_es(3) 					     Library Functions Manual						   time_lock_es(3)

NAME
time_lock_es - Check time-of-day locking (Enhanced Security) LIBRARY
Security Library (libsecurity.so) SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/security.h> #include <prot.h> int time_lock_es ( struct es_passwd *prpwd ); PARAMETERS
Specifies a protected password entry structure. DESCRIPTION
The time_lock_es() function performs time-of-day lock checking for the current date and time against the time-of-day specification in the fd_tod string of the prpwd parameter. The function returns 1 if the time lock is on and 0 if there is no lock. The fd_tod specification is like that found in the UUCP Systems file. The specification is a comma-separated list of entries. If the cur- rent time matches an entry in the specification, the time lock is not on. The entries are scanned until a match is found. If no match can be found, the time lock is on. Each entry appears as follows: <day><start_time-end_time> The day is one of the following: Matches any day of the week. Matches Monday through Friday. Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday The times are military time, for example, 9:15 am is 0915, 6:00 pm is 1800, and 12:42 am is 0042. When start_time is less than end_time, the range of times contains valid times in which to log in that day. When the times are equal or there is only one time (including no time at all), the entire day is valid. When start_time is later than end_time, times outside the range are valid. For instance, if start_time is 04:15 and end_time is 02:00, then any time that falls outside the range of 02:00 to 04:15 is a valid time. NOTES
Programs using this function must be compiled with -lsecurity. In order to quickstart a program, the program must be linked as follows: -lsecurity -ldb -laud -lm See the shared library discussion in the Programmer's Guide for more information about using the quickstarting feature. delim off time_lock_es(3)