Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: strtok with while loops
Top Forums Programming strtok with while loops Post 302393070 by cyler on Sunday 7th of February 2010 04:37:32 PM
Old 02-07-2010
What is wrong about ftw() ? It works...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

While Loops

I'm trying to create a loop that will prompt the user for 15 values, not forcing them to enter all 15. If the user enters through one or more of the prompts the null value needs to be converted to 0, otherwise set the parameter = to the value entered: ex. Please enter file no #1: 17920 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vdc
4 Replies

2. Programming

better way than strtok?

Hi all, Right now I'm using this but it seems to be a hack: if (prefix(arg, "mark=")) { for (markid = strtok(args,"="); markid; markid=strtok((char *)NULL, "=")) { basically the user passes "mark=ny" to the command. I want to be able to extract "ny" from that... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: annie
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

two loops

Hi, how can I use "for" to have two loops : this is my script : for i in (A B C) do for j in (a b c) do echo $i$j done done #End I want to print out Aa Ab Ac .... But I have error message : syntax error at line 1 : `(' unexpected Many thanks before. How should I use "for" ?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
2 Replies

4. Linux

Strtok function....

can any help me out y dis program is giving me a segmentation fault..... #include<stdio.h> #include<string.h> int main() { char *str="Tanvir/home/root/hello"; const char *d ="/"; char *ret; ret=strtok(str,d); if(ret==NULL) printf("NULL NULL"); else ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanvirk
3 Replies

5. Programming

Regardign strtok() output directing to 2-D string array

Hi, I just wrote a program in C to split a comma seperated string in to group of strings using strtok() function. The code is: int main() { char *temp;//not used here but basically we extract one string after another using strtok() and assign to a string pointer defined like this. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SankarV
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

strtok equivalent in perl

Hi All, Is their any equivalent for strtok (in c) to use in perl script. Thanks in advance. JS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jisha
1 Replies

7. Programming

How to use strtok twice in the same program?

string str1(" 1 2 3 4 512543 "); string str2; if(str2.empty()) str2=str1; cout << "str2:" <<str2 <<endl; p1=strtok((char *)str1.c_str()," "); while(p1) { ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathishkmrv
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loops

Hi All, I am very new to Shell scripting. I read basic scripting manual. But i didn't understand the code. Please tell the meaning of the below code: while getopts "F:f:R:r:C:c:" opt 2>/dev/null do case ${opt} in F|f) FREQUENCY_MODE=$OPTARG;; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdathu
3 Replies

9. Programming

strtok() gives segmentation fault!!

#include<iostream.h> #include<string> #include<stdio.h> int main() { char *cmd="delete backup backup-iso image a.iso b.iso c.iso d.iso"; char *tokenized_cmd,*sub_cmd; sub_cmd=strstr(cmd,"image"); tokenized_cmd=strtok(sub_cmd," "); ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwini.engr07
3 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

If and Loops

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: In this script you will take a directory as input from the user and change the end of line sequence from a Unix... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pcarson
1 Replies
STRTOK(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						 STRTOK(3)

NAME
strtok, strtok_r -- string tokens LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <string.h> char * strtok(char *restrict str, const char *restrict sep); char * strtok_r(char *restrict str, const char *restrict sep, char **restrict lasts); DESCRIPTION
This interface is obsoleted by strsep(3). The strtok() function is used to isolate sequential tokens in a null-terminated string, str. These tokens are separated in the string by at least one of the characters in sep. The first time that strtok() is called, str should be specified; subsequent calls, wishing to obtain further tokens from the same string, should pass a null pointer instead. The separator string, sep, must be supplied each time, and may change between calls. The implementation will behave as if no library function calls strtok(). The strtok_r() function is a reentrant version of strtok(). The context pointer last must be provided on each call. The strtok_r() function may also be used to nest two parsing loops within one another, as long as separate context pointers are used. The strtok() and strtok_r() functions return a pointer to the beginning of each subsequent token in the string, after replacing the token itself with a NUL character. When no more tokens remain, a null pointer is returned. EXAMPLES
The following uses strtok_r() to parse two strings using separate contexts: char test[80], blah[80]; char *sep = "\/:;=-"; char *word, *phrase, *brkt, *brkb; strcpy(test, "This;is.a:test:of=the/string\tokenizer-function."); for (word = strtok_r(test, sep, &brkt); word; word = strtok_r(NULL, sep, &brkt)) { strcpy(blah, "blah:blat:blab:blag"); for (phrase = strtok_r(blah, sep, &brkb); phrase; phrase = strtok_r(NULL, sep, &brkb)) { printf("So far we're at %s:%s ", word, phrase); } } SEE ALSO
memchr(3), strchr(3), strcspn(3), strpbrk(3), strrchr(3), strsep(3), strspn(3), strstr(3), wcstok(3) STANDARDS
The strtok() function conforms to ISO/IEC 9899:1990 (``ISO C90''). AUTHORS
Wes Peters, Softweyr LLC: <wes@softweyr.com> Based on the FreeBSD 3.0 implementation. BUGS
The System V strtok(), if handed a string containing only delimiter characters, will not alter the next starting point, so that a call to strtok() with a different (or empty) delimiter string may return a non-NULL value. Since this implementation always alters the next starting point, such a sequence of calls would always return NULL. BSD
November 27, 1998 BSD