Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting lynx browser set permanently option Post 302392647 by research3 on Friday 5th of February 2010 04:20:08 AM
Old 02-05-2010
lynx browser set permanently option

hi all,

is there somebody that know how can I set an permanently option for the lynx text browser?

The reason is if I open some URL's and type my login infos
then lynx show follow message:

P)roceed, use G)ET or C)ancel
Server asked for 301 redirection of POST content to
URL: The UNIX and Linux Forums - Learn UNIX and Linux from Experts

Is there any command line parameter or config file option to set permanently the "GET" option?

my command to run lynx:
Code:
lynx -accept_all_cookies  http://localhost/index.php

Any idea?

Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

where can i set editor option to yes

Hi all I am new to this forum (just registered) I need help from you guys Even if it is a basic question please don't hesitate to answer.Any answer will be helpful to me I am unable to get the previously entered commands by pressing uparrow When i enered uparrow it is giving ^[[A I got... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oracle_sri
2 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to set size of browser window in mwm?

Hi, When I launch firefox in mwm on VectorLinux 5.8, its window borders stretch just a bit beyond the screen size. My resolution is 800x600. How do I fix this issue so that it always stays within the screen when I launch it? Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nixusr
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lynx browser + SSL

I want to browse to java.sun.. to download Java JDK I built openSSL then tried to build lynx to use it by: ./configure --with-ssl It finds the ssl .h files but cant link, last 3 lines from .configure are: checking for openssl include directory... yes checking if we can link to ssl... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikebgx
6 Replies

4. Solaris

How do i permanently set bash profile??

Hi all, I don't want to enter below command on solaris every time. How do i permanently set this command on Solaris. I know that this operation is a piece of cake on redhat because there is a /etc/rc.local file on it. But Solaris ???? bash-3.00#export PS1="\e (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Set i/o option

How do we set i/o option to direct or buffered i/o using mkfs command? I mean what is the option that is to be used.. Like that block size can be mentioned by using -o bsize=<> Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aksijain
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

set device mode permanently with udev rule

On a test server running CentOS 6, I try to permanently set the owner, group and mode of disk devices for use with a DB2 database. For this I created an udev rule file /etc/udev/rules.d/99-db2.rules: KERNEL=="sdb*", OWNER="db2usrl1", GROUP="db2adml1", MODE="0600" After a reboot, the owner and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hergp
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Set autolist permanently

Hi , How to set autolist permanently in Solaris 10 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankit.padhiyar
2 Replies

8. AIX

Permanently set maxdata to maximum

Hi, I've a 32-bit program running on AIX. By default the memory limit of the process is 256 MB as per the 32-bit AIX OS behavior. This can be changed using the LDR_CNTRL=maxdata environment variable. Baseed on the value that we set in terms of increments of segments the process... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kprajesh
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't set parameter to lynx properly

My intention is to go through list of addresses and call google geocode api for each of them. I am using lynx for this, but somehow I can't supply the parameters to it in a proper way. To show that my parameters are OK I just hardcoded one address in my script and put it in my input file, and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
2 Replies
hman(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   hman(1)

NAME
hman - browse the on-line manual pages SYNOPSIS
hman [ -P browser ] [ -H host ] [ section ] name hman [ -P browser ] [ -H host ] [ section ] [ index ] DESCRIPTION
The hman script is an interface to man2html(1) that allows you to enter man page requests at the command line and view the output in your favourite browser. The behaviour reminds of that of man(1) so that many people will be able to alias hman to man. If the browser used is netscape, and an incarnation of netscape is running already, hman will pass the request to the existing browser. OPTIONS
-P browser Specify which browser (like lynx, xmosaic, arena, chimera, netscape, amaya, ...) to use. This option overrides the MANHTMLPAGER environment variable. The default is the non-httpd version of lynx, or sensible-browser if lynx cannot be found. -H host Specify from what host to get the man pages. This option overrides the MANHTMLHOST environment variable. The default is localhost. ENVIRONMENT
MANHTMLPAGER The default browser to use is selected using this environment variable. MANHTMLHOST The default host to use is selected using this environment variable. SEE ALSO
man(1), man2html(1), arena(1), lynx(1), sensible-browser(1), netscape(1), xmosaic(1), glimpse(1) http://www.mcom.com/newsref/std/x-remote.html 19 January 1998 hman(1)