Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting lynx browser set permanently option Post 302392647 by research3 on Friday 5th of February 2010 04:20:08 AM
Old 02-05-2010
lynx browser set permanently option

hi all,

is there somebody that know how can I set an permanently option for the lynx text browser?

The reason is if I open some URL's and type my login infos
then lynx show follow message:

P)roceed, use G)ET or C)ancel
Server asked for 301 redirection of POST content to
URL: The UNIX and Linux Forums - Learn UNIX and Linux from Experts

Is there any command line parameter or config file option to set permanently the "GET" option?

my command to run lynx:
Code:
lynx -accept_all_cookies  http://localhost/index.php

Any idea?

Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

where can i set editor option to yes

Hi all I am new to this forum (just registered) I need help from you guys Even if it is a basic question please don't hesitate to answer.Any answer will be helpful to me I am unable to get the previously entered commands by pressing uparrow When i enered uparrow it is giving ^[[A I got... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oracle_sri
2 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to set size of browser window in mwm?

Hi, When I launch firefox in mwm on VectorLinux 5.8, its window borders stretch just a bit beyond the screen size. My resolution is 800x600. How do I fix this issue so that it always stays within the screen when I launch it? Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nixusr
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lynx browser + SSL

I want to browse to java.sun.. to download Java JDK I built openSSL then tried to build lynx to use it by: ./configure --with-ssl It finds the ssl .h files but cant link, last 3 lines from .configure are: checking for openssl include directory... yes checking if we can link to ssl... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikebgx
6 Replies

4. Solaris

How do i permanently set bash profile??

Hi all, I don't want to enter below command on solaris every time. How do i permanently set this command on Solaris. I know that this operation is a piece of cake on redhat because there is a /etc/rc.local file on it. But Solaris ???? bash-3.00#export PS1="\e (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Set i/o option

How do we set i/o option to direct or buffered i/o using mkfs command? I mean what is the option that is to be used.. Like that block size can be mentioned by using -o bsize=<> Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aksijain
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

set device mode permanently with udev rule

On a test server running CentOS 6, I try to permanently set the owner, group and mode of disk devices for use with a DB2 database. For this I created an udev rule file /etc/udev/rules.d/99-db2.rules: KERNEL=="sdb*", OWNER="db2usrl1", GROUP="db2adml1", MODE="0600" After a reboot, the owner and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hergp
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Set autolist permanently

Hi , How to set autolist permanently in Solaris 10 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankit.padhiyar
2 Replies

8. AIX

Permanently set maxdata to maximum

Hi, I've a 32-bit program running on AIX. By default the memory limit of the process is 256 MB as per the 32-bit AIX OS behavior. This can be changed using the LDR_CNTRL=maxdata environment variable. Baseed on the value that we set in terms of increments of segments the process... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kprajesh
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't set parameter to lynx properly

My intention is to go through list of addresses and call google geocode api for each of them. I am using lynx for this, but somehow I can't supply the parameters to it in a proper way. To show that my parameters are OK I just hardcoded one address in my script and put it in my input file, and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
2 Replies
URLSCAN(1)						      General Commands Manual							URLSCAN(1)

NAME
urlscan - browse the URLs in an email message from a terminal SYNOPSIS
urlscan [options] < message urlscan [options] message DESCRIPTION
urlscan accepts a single email message on standard input, then displays a terminal-based list of the URLs in the given message. Selecting a URL will invoke sensible-browser(1) on it (and hence any browser specified in the BROWSER environment variable). urlscan is primarily intended to be used with the mutt (1) mailreader, but it should work well with any terminal-based mail program. urlscan is similar to urlview(1), but has the following additional features: 1. Support for more message encodings, such as quoted-printable and base64. 2. Extraction and display of the context surrounding each URL. OPTIONS
-b, --background Run the Web browser in the background, so you can select another URL without closing it (this will not work with terminal-based Web browsers such as lynx, links, or w3m). -c, --compact Display a simple list of the extracted URLs, instead of showing the context of each URL. MUTT INTEGRATION
To integrate urlscan with mutt, include the following two commands in ~/.muttrc: macro index,pager cb "<pipe-message> urlscan<Enter>" "call urlscan to extract URLs out of a message" macro attach,compose cb "<pipe-entry> urlscan<Enter>" "call urlscan to extract URLs out of a message" Once these lines are in your mutt configuration file, pressing Control-b will allow you to browse and open the URLs in the currently selected message. SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/urlscan/README, sensible-browser(1), urlview(1), mutt(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Daniel Burrows <dburrows@debian.org>. December 10, 2006 URLSCAN(1)