Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting change part of a line with sed Post 302391717 by Artur Zaworski on Tuesday 2nd of February 2010 09:31:20 AM
Old 02-02-2010
Code:
sed 's/\/etc\/apf\/apf -d $ATTACK_HOST {bfd.$MOD}/\/sbin\/iptables -A INPUT -s $ATTACK_HOST -j DROP/g'

should be fine - however it's whole line change (not sure if you want to divide it to sections and then change/replace?)

Regards,
-Artur.

Last edited by vbe; 02-02-2010 at 10:32 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting sed to work on part of a line

I been trying to get this right. I have trying to get rid of spaces in between the character < and the character >. Everytime I try, sed gets too greedy and do the whole line. Ex. < T AG 1> Hello, how are you doing? <Tag 2> I am doing fine. I want this: <TAG1> Hello, how are you... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: quixoticking11
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

change line found by pattern using sed

I want to change a line like CPM_THRESHOLD 0.8 // to a new value using sed I am trying sed -i "s/CPM_THRESHOLD/CPM_THRESHOLD\t$COH\t\t\/\//" $INPUT_4 but how can i substitute the whole line begining with CPM_THRESHOLD and substitute it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: larne
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace part of a line with sed/awk

Hello I have a document and in this document I have several occurrence of "VAR == xxxxxxx" and xxxxx can be anything. I don't know what it is. I want to replace the 'xxxxx's with something I know. What I know however, is the line numbers of the VAR =='s in the file. How can I replace... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alirezan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed command to change end of line

I am looking to change a data file into a javascript string and this is the code that I am using: sed -i '' -e 's/^/str += "/' -e 's/$/";/' file.xml The first part -e 's/^/str += "/' works as intended, but the second part -e 's/$/";/' adds an additional newline to my file, so that instead of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Sed to remove part of line with regex

Greetings everyone. Right now I am working on a script to be used during automated deployment of servers. What I have to do is remove localhost.localdomain and localhost6.localdomain6 from the /etc/hosts file. Simple, right? Except most of the examples I've found using sed want to delete the entire... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: msarro
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed or awk - removing part of line?

hi all, I am having trouble finding the right string for this - I dont know whether to use awk or sed.. If I have a file with alot of names and phone numbers like this McGowan,Sean 978-934-4000 Kilcoyne,Kathleen 603-555-1212 Club603,The 617-505-1332 Boyle,William 301-444-1221 And... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: alis
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed question - change 2d to last line in file

The file is repeating blocks of text separated by a blank line. Some of the lines are unique. e.g.: This is unique line This is line 2 This is line 3 This is line 4 This is unique line This is line 2 This is line 3 This is line 4 ... The goal is to change/replace line 4... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uiop44
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command for picking a part of line

Hello Friends I want to use sed command to pick a part of line. FOr example I only need the /home_put1/bidds/myfo part of following line fish://ulavet@rits1.ula.com.tr/home_put1/bidds/myfo How can I do this bu using sed command ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpf
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change in last line of each part of a file

Hi, I have a input files as below. Sample of one input file type mtg_key = record decimal("\344") id; string("\344") ct_cd; string("\344") st_cd; end; type psl_key = record decimal("\344") id; utf8 string("\344") st_cd; end; type amk_fields = record ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: adgangwar
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - How to replace right part of equal sign (=) on a line

Hello. Using a bash script , I have a variable name for the file I want to modify FILE_TO_EDIT="/etc/my_config_file"And I have a variable name for the parameter to change PARAMETER="fallback_node" PARAMETER_NEW_VALUE="http://my_server_name.com/new_path" A config file may contain : 1°)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies
APF(1)							      General Commands Manual							    APF(1)

NAME
apf - easy iptables based firewall system SYNOPSIS
apf DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the apf command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. Advanced Policy Firewall (APF) is an iptables (netfilter) based firewall system designed around the essential needs of today's Internet deployed servers and the unique needs of custom deployed Linux installations. The configuration of APF is designed to be very informative and present the user with an easy to follow process, from top to bottom of the configuration file. The management of APF on a day-to-day basis is conducted from the command line with the 'apf' command, which includes detailed usage information and all the features one would expect from a current and forward thinking firewall solution. OPTIONS
apf follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. -s|--start load all firewall rules -r|--restart stop (flush) & reload firewall rules -l|--list list all firewall rules -t|--status output firewall status log -e|--refresh refresh & resolve dns names in trust rules -a <HOST CMT|--allow <HOST COMMENT> add host (IP/FQDN) to allow_hosts.rules and immediately load new rule into firewall -d <HOST CMT|--deny <HOST COMMENT> add host (IP/FQDN) to deny_hosts.rules and immediately load new rule into firewall -u <HOST>|--remove <HOST> remove host from [glob]*_hosts.rules and immediately remove rule from firewall -o|--ovars output all configuration options COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999-2007, R-fx Networks <proj@r-fx.org> Copyright (C) 2007, Ryan MacDonald <ryan@r-fx.org> This program may be freely redistributed under the terms of the GNU GPL This manual page was written by Giuseppe Iuculano <giuseppe@iuculano.it>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). August 17, 2008 APF(1)