Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Searching log
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Searching log Post 302391200 by sridharragilla on Sunday 31st of January 2010 02:36:04 AM
Old 01-31-2010
Hi Frnaklin

i executed the given command by you
Code:

awk '/KA_SDBL_45XXX_S01_W_L_HDXC001/{f=1}
> {a[NR%8]=$0}
> f && /^,$/{for(i=1;i<8;i++){print a[i]}print;exit}' eventDump_jan04_hw_t2000_am.log

04/01/10:10:02:12 {Communications Alarm} {{{Managed Object} {{HW_T2000_Sys vtnoc_ns:.hw_t2000} {Managed_Element 589914} {PTP /rack=1/shelf=1/slot=5/domain=sdh/port=1}} Available} {{Event Type} CommunicationsAlarm Available} {{Event Time} {Mon, Jan 4, 2010 10:15:01 AM} Available} {{Probable Cause} Unknown Available} {{Specific Problem} {5590601 21251406 39078214 55133508 73348919 90124589 103954232} Available} {{Perceived Severity} Major Available} {{Additional Text} {Huawei/T2000;589914;/rack=1/shelf=1/slot=5/domain=sdh/port=1
native ProbableCause=SM_BEI,
service affecting=SA_NON_SERVICE_AFFECTING,
affectedTP list=,
nativeEMS Name=Huawei/T2000;RJ_JIPR_90XXX_MXX_W_U_HDXC002;/rack=1/shelf=1/slot=5/domain=sdh/port=1,
additionalInfo = AlarmSerialNo=27545598; AlarmReason=Indication of OTU layer SM section BEI backward defect; ProductName=OptiX OSN 7500; EquipmentName=N1SF64; AffirmState=FALSE; DetailInfo=; ,

but in the output the regular expression was not found

Last edited by Scott; 01-31-2010 at 03:43 AM.. Reason: Code tags, please...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for multiple criteria in log files?

I would like a simple shell script that will allow me to display to screen all unsuccessful su attempts in my sulog file, for the present date. I have been trying several different combinations of commands, but I can't quite get the syntax correct. The mess I have right now (don't laugh) is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Relykk
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help searching log file with dates

Im tyring to create a script that will show me any lines in a file with todays date and yesterdays, the date format in the file is as follows ----- amqxfdcx.c : 728 -------------------------------------------------------- 07/12/05 09:53:20 AMQ6109: An internal WebSphere MQ error has... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
3 Replies

3. Linux

Searching for gaps in huge (2.2G) log file?

I've got a 2.2 Gig syslog file from our Cisco firewall appliance. The problem is that we've been seeing gaps in the syslog for anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours. Currently I've just been using 'less' and paging through the file to see if I can find any noticeable gaps. Obviously this isn't the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching a log file and appending to a .txt file

I'm new to shell scripting and am writing a script to help me log the free memory and hd space on a server. As of now, the script just runs 'df -h' and appends the output to a file and then runs 'top' and appends the output to a log file. What I want to do, is have the script also search the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: enator45
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for a string in a log file with little movement

I have a script which tails a log file and if it finds certain strings in the data tailed it sends an email, basically like this: tail -f logfile > tmp.file & sleep 10 kill $! STRING=$(grep -c "string" tmp.file) && echo $STRING | mailx -s "Warning.." admin@123.com When the string is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moxy
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for Log / Bad file and Reading and writing to a flat file

Need to develop a unix shell script for the below requirement and I need your assistance: 1) search for file.log and file.bad file in a directory and read them 2) pull out "Load_Start_Time", "Data_File_Name", "Error_Type" from log file 4) concatinate each row from bad file as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlpathir
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regarding vi commands for searching something in Log

Hi Folks, Please advise me that I have to search some thing in log , I have reached to that Location through putty and I have opened that log file through putty with VI editor .. cd /var/abc.log tail -f abc.log vi abc.log and I see the logs but please advise me the commands..If I need to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: KAREENA18
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Get line numbers while searching the pattern in log

Hi Folks, I am searching for a pattern in logs through putty by opening the file in vi editor and reaching to the last of the file by $ and then searching the pattern , lets say I have to search the pattern abc then it would be ?abc Now I want line numbers along with the matching pattern to be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SankalpS
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching Error Message from a log life between timestamp of every 10 minutes

HI Everyone, My task is to search error messages last 10 minutes everytime from a log file. My script, date1=`date -d '10 minutes ago' "+%H:%M:%S"` date2=`date "+%H:%M:%S"` awk -v d1="${date1}" -v d2="${date2}" '$0~d1{p=1} $0~d2{p=0} p' filename No error getting in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctscbe
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help searching for dates - Oracle ALERT log

Hi, I am searching for some specific string in an Oracle DB alert log and then possibly print the latest date string that I can find that the error happen. I can't work out how to search for date strings more so searching in some specific direction, i.e backward or forward. At the moment,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. Please notice this option isn't related to the terminal length as in a "80 culums terminal". --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do right to left (RTL) layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter and A4. Default is A4. Postscript points Each postscript point equals to 1/72 of an inch. 36 points are 1/2 of an inch. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --gutter-width=gw Set gutter width. Default is 40 postscript points. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)