Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Searching log
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Searching log Post 302390964 by Franklin52 on Friday 29th of January 2010 02:26:56 PM
Old 01-29-2010
Code:
awk '/TN_CMBT_34XXX_M01_W_L_HDXC001/{f=1}
{a[NR%8]=$0}
f && /^,$/{for(i=1;i<8;i++){print a[i]}print;exit}' file

Use nawk or /usr/xpg4/bin/awk on Solaris if you get errors.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for multiple criteria in log files?

I would like a simple shell script that will allow me to display to screen all unsuccessful su attempts in my sulog file, for the present date. I have been trying several different combinations of commands, but I can't quite get the syntax correct. The mess I have right now (don't laugh) is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Relykk
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help searching log file with dates

Im tyring to create a script that will show me any lines in a file with todays date and yesterdays, the date format in the file is as follows ----- amqxfdcx.c : 728 -------------------------------------------------------- 07/12/05 09:53:20 AMQ6109: An internal WebSphere MQ error has... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
3 Replies

3. Linux

Searching for gaps in huge (2.2G) log file?

I've got a 2.2 Gig syslog file from our Cisco firewall appliance. The problem is that we've been seeing gaps in the syslog for anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours. Currently I've just been using 'less' and paging through the file to see if I can find any noticeable gaps. Obviously this isn't the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching a log file and appending to a .txt file

I'm new to shell scripting and am writing a script to help me log the free memory and hd space on a server. As of now, the script just runs 'df -h' and appends the output to a file and then runs 'top' and appends the output to a log file. What I want to do, is have the script also search the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: enator45
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for a string in a log file with little movement

I have a script which tails a log file and if it finds certain strings in the data tailed it sends an email, basically like this: tail -f logfile > tmp.file & sleep 10 kill $! STRING=$(grep -c "string" tmp.file) && echo $STRING | mailx -s "Warning.." admin@123.com When the string is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moxy
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for Log / Bad file and Reading and writing to a flat file

Need to develop a unix shell script for the below requirement and I need your assistance: 1) search for file.log and file.bad file in a directory and read them 2) pull out "Load_Start_Time", "Data_File_Name", "Error_Type" from log file 4) concatinate each row from bad file as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlpathir
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regarding vi commands for searching something in Log

Hi Folks, Please advise me that I have to search some thing in log , I have reached to that Location through putty and I have opened that log file through putty with VI editor .. cd /var/abc.log tail -f abc.log vi abc.log and I see the logs but please advise me the commands..If I need to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: KAREENA18
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Get line numbers while searching the pattern in log

Hi Folks, I am searching for a pattern in logs through putty by opening the file in vi editor and reaching to the last of the file by $ and then searching the pattern , lets say I have to search the pattern abc then it would be ?abc Now I want line numbers along with the matching pattern to be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SankalpS
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching Error Message from a log life between timestamp of every 10 minutes

HI Everyone, My task is to search error messages last 10 minutes everytime from a log file. My script, date1=`date -d '10 minutes ago' "+%H:%M:%S"` date2=`date "+%H:%M:%S"` awk -v d1="${date1}" -v d2="${date2}" '$0~d1{p=1} $0~d2{p=0} p' filename No error getting in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctscbe
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help searching for dates - Oracle ALERT log

Hi, I am searching for some specific string in an Oracle DB alert log and then possibly print the latest date string that I can find that the error happen. I can't work out how to search for date strings more so searching in some specific direction, i.e backward or forward. At the moment,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies
OCF_HEARTBEAT_AOETAR(7) 					OCF resource agents					   OCF_HEARTBEAT_AOETAR(7)

NAME
ocf_heartbeat_AoEtarget - Manages ATA-over-Ethernet (AoE) target exports SYNOPSIS
AoEtarget [start | stop | monitor | reload | meta-data | validate-all] DESCRIPTION
This resource agent manages an ATA-over-Ethernet (AoE) target using vblade. It exports any block device, or file, as an AoE target using the specified Ethernet device, shelf, and slot number. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
device The local block device (or file) to export as an AoE target. (required, string, no default) nic The local Ethernet interface to use for exporting this AoE target. (required, string, default eth0) shelf The AoE shelf number to use when exporting this target. (optional, integer, no default) slot The AoE slot number to use when exporting this target. (required, integer, no default) pid The file to record the daemon pid to. (optional, string, default /var/run/resource-agents/AoEtarget-default.pid) binary Location of the vblade binary. (optional, string, default /usr/sbin/vblade) SUPPORTED ACTIONS
This resource agent supports the following actions (operations): start Starts the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 15. stop Stops the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 15. monitor Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 15. Suggested interval: 10. reload Suggested minimum timeout: 15. meta-data Retrieves resource agent metadata (internal use only). Suggested minimum timeout: 5. validate-all Performs a validation of the resource configuration. Suggested minimum timeout: 15. EXAMPLE
The following is an example configuration for a AoEtarget resource using the crm(8) shell: primitive example_AoEtarget ocf:heartbeat:AoEtarget params device=string nic="eth0" slot=integer op monitor timeout="15" interval="10" depth="0" SEE ALSO
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/AoEtarget_(resource_agent) AUTHOR
Linux-HA contributors (see the resource agent source for information about individual authors) resource-agents 1.0.3 07/05/2010 OCF_HEARTBEAT_AOETAR(7)