Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Listing application installed on a Solaris box Post 302389919 by jlliagre on Tuesday 26th of January 2010 11:34:08 AM
Old 01-26-2010
Applications using the standard packaging system will show up. Applications, like Oracle, using their own installer cannot be detected a portable/universal way.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Listing all associated IP for a Unix box

I am trying to find a way to list all the IP addresses/aliases associated with the HP-UX & Sun Solaris boxes in our network. Is there any way to do this without root access? I have no problem checking the known addresses/aliases, but am finding it almost impossible to find unknown... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Scott Pullen
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Listing all Software and Tools installed

Hi, In Unix, how do we know, which software and tools are installed? Is there any command or info file available for the same? Regards, (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hasnain
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

listing installed software

hi,:) In redhat linux whats the command to list all the installed s/w. cheers RRK (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
2 Replies

4. Ubuntu

ip on ubuntu installed using Virtual Box

Hi All I have few computers in the same network using a wifi router. In Each of them I installed VirtualBox and I created an image of Ubuntu 8.04 The thing is that each of those images has the same ip eth0=10.0.2.15. Do you know how can I make possible each virtual machine having another IP or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manustone
2 Replies

5. Solaris

what is the difference between openssh and ssh package installed with Solaris box

which should i prefer to install in my system openssh or ssh package provided by SUN by default. can i have two packages installed at the same time? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check if an application has been installed on a unix/linux box?

hi, guys, now I face a problem. I have developed an application, and when it starts, it shall check if an application has been installed on the running linux/unix. If result is positive, i do something with the application command. just as an example: I want to check if sshd has been... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sk1418
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Change hostID of Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine installed by Virtual Box 4.1.12 on Windows-XP host

Trying to set or modify the randomly set hostID of a Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine that I installed on a Windows-XP host machine (using Virtual Box 4.1.12). I was able to set/modify the hostname of the Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine during installation as well as via the Virtual Box... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matt_VB
4 Replies

8. HP-UX

List of installed application on HP-UX

Hi All, I am trying to list down all the installed application/packages on hp-ux machine in below format : packagename:<application/package name> ; <application/package version> ; <application/package vendor> can someone suggest with small script for this.Will swlist command give... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
4 Replies

9. AIX

Username and installed application on AIX.

Hi, I am looking to get a list of applications and corresponding user who installed the same (owner) on AIX host. Can anyone confirm how can this information be retrieved? We can use "rpm" to get list of packages available on AIX, but is there a way to get the corresponding user as well for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vipin Batra
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash find version of an installed application but if none is found set variable to App Not Installed

Hello Forum, I'm issuing a one line bash command to look for the version of an installed application and saving the result to a variable like so: APP=application --version But if the application is not installed I want to return to my variable that the Application is not installed. So I'm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
2 Replies
Session::Store::Oracle(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Session::Store::Oracle(3)

NAME
Apache::Session::Store::Oracle - Store persistent data in a Oracle database SYNOPSIS
use Apache::Session::Store::Oracle; my $store = new Apache::Session::Store::Oracle; $store->insert($ref); $store->update($ref); $store->materialize($ref); $store->remove($ref); DESCRIPTION
Apache::Session::Store::Oracle fulfills the storage interface of Apache::Session. Session data is stored in a Oracle database. SCHEMA
To use this module, you will need at least these columns in a table called 'sessions': id varchar2(32) # or however long your session IDs are. a_session long To create this schema, you can execute this command using the sqlplus program: CREATE TABLE sessions ( id varchar2(32) not null primary key, a_session long ); If you use some other command, ensure that there is a unique index on the table's id column. CONFIGURATION
The module must know what datasource, username, and password to use when connecting to the database. These values can be set using the options hash (see Apache::Session documentation). The options are DataSource, UserName, and Password. Example: tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Oracle', $id, { DataSource => 'dbi:Oracle:database', UserName => 'database_user', Password => 'K00l' }; Instead, you may pass in an already-opened DBI handle to your database. tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Oracle', $id, { Handle => $dbh }; The last option is LongReadLen, which specifies the maximum size of the session object. If not supplied, the default maximum size is 8 KB. AUTHOR
This modules was written by Jeffrey William Baker <jwbaker@acm.org> A fix for the commit policy was contributed by Michael Schout <mschout@gkg.net> SEE ALSO
Apache::Session, Apache::Session::Store::DBI perl v5.12.1 2007-09-28 Session::Store::Oracle(3)