Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development 403 Forbidden / show directories Post 302389244 by ippy98 on Saturday 23rd of January 2010 01:29:03 PM
Old 01-23-2010
403 Forbidden / show directories

I have a directory that I want to just list the items when going to the URL instead of having an index.html page in the folder. I keep getting a 403 forbidden even though it is in my document root.

I tried to add:

Code:
Alias /keys/ "/var/www/html/keys/"

<Directory "/var/www/html/keys">
    Options Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

but its still not working

what am i missing?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

403 Error in Apache?

I have installed Apache lots of times before. I have recently installed apache on FreeBSD. And it gives me all the time 403 Frobidden - you don't have permittion to access / directory. I have checked permitions. I've got -rwxrwxr-x for for all Apache DocumentRoot. I've checked Files directive in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solvman
6 Replies

2. Linux

Apache Forbidden Error

When i go to my browser and type both localhost or the ip, i get Forbidden, you do not have permission to access / on this machine Whys that ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perleo
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget-Forbidden error

Hi , I am using shell script to connect to a https site and download all the files in a directory. eg: wget --no-check-certificate -r -np --user=<username> --password=<passwd> -O temp.txt https:<website>/<dirname> Error : HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 403 Forbidden 07:40:20... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanpadamata
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Scripts - Show all directories with full information ( and no files)

Hello all, i'm stumped.... I need to list all directories with all there info and exclude the files, then vice versa. I am not sure if I need to string several ls commands together or how to even do that. I believe I need to do some variation of ls -l but need to figure out how to take out the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: citizencro
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

show all text files in directories and subdirectories

Hi! I am trying to find all text files in my home directory that contain the string "C-d" so I tyied this : cd ~ find . -type f -exec grep -l "C-d" {} + but it took very long so I tryed this : ls -aR | xargs file |grep text but it didn't descend in the directories and it said :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kelamahim
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to if webpage is: forbidden, Error...

I have a file with about 29,000 website names. I would like to find a script that would test if each website name is current/active or not. If not it should check if the page is: Forbidden, 404 Error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dcovnton
1 Replies

7. Web Development

Php localhost/ directories show ?? ICONS

I have been troubleshooting a couple of problems all day that have to do with this all day. I do not know if you need to know the code I used in php but if you do I will post it. I hope that you can see the .pngs. Thanks ahead of time. Using phpMyAdmin and creating files.... somehow... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iHaveAQuestion
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget-403-Forbidden-Error

Hi Friends, I did an extensive search over the internet and tried all possible solutions that were recommended, but couldn't figure this out. Please see this link http://www.dli.gov.in/data6/upload/0159/808/PTIFF/00000007.tif It works. But, when I try the following command wget -r... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
7 Replies

9. Red Hat

Apache Tomcat(403 Access Denied)

Good evening, i've got a problem. I fail to enter "Manager App" in Apache Tomcat/9.0.0.M9 on server, it says "403 Access Denied». for example, server address is 192.168.1.4, when I type 'localhost ' in the browser and press "Manager App", then everything is ok. but if I enter 192.168.1.4 and press... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: v.k.l.chr.by
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tip: show the last 3 directories in the shell prompt

tcsh: have the following in .cshrc (or .tcshrc) set prompt=": " zsh: have the following in .zshrc PS1="%# " bash: have the following in .bashrc PS1='\$ 'Lacking direct support this is a good approximation. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MadeInGermany
0 Replies
Devel::Refcount(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Devel::Refcount(3pm)

NAME
"Devel::Refcount" - obtain the REFCNT value of a referent SYNOPSIS
use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); my $anon = []; print "Anon ARRAY $anon has " . refcount($anon) . " reference "; my $otherref = $anon; print "Anon ARRAY $anon now has " . refcount($anon) . " references "; DESCRIPTION
This module provides a single function which obtains the reference count of the object being pointed to by the passed reference value. FUNCTIONS
$count = refcount($ref) Returns the reference count of the object being pointed to by $ref. COMPARISON WITH SvREFCNT This function differs from "Devel::Peek::SvREFCNT" in that SvREFCNT() gives the reference count of the SV object itself that it is passed, whereas refcount() gives the count of the object being pointed to. This allows it to give the count of any referent (i.e. ARRAY, HASH, CODE, GLOB and Regexp types) as well. Consider the following example program: use Devel::Peek qw( SvREFCNT ); use Devel::Refcount qw( refcount ); sub printcount { my $name = shift; printf "%30s has SvREFCNT=%d, refcount=%d ", $name, SvREFCNT($_[0]), refcount($_[0]); } my $var = []; printcount 'Initially, $var', $var; my $othervar = $var; printcount 'Before CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; my $code = sub { undef $var }; printcount 'After CODE ref, $var', $var; printcount '$othervar', $othervar; This produces the output Initially, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=1 Before CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 After CODE ref, $var has SvREFCNT=2, refcount=2 $othervar has SvREFCNT=1, refcount=2 Here, we see that SvREFCNT() counts the number of references to the SV object passed in as the scalar value - the $var or $othervar respectively, whereas refcount() counts the number of reference values that point to the referent object - the anonymous ARRAY in this case. Before the CODE reference is constructed, both $var and $othervar have SvREFCNT() of 1, as they exist only in the current lexical pad. The anonymous ARRAY has a refcount() of 2, because both $var and $othervar store a reference to it. After the CODE reference is constructed, the $var variable now has an SvREFCNT() of 2, because it also appears in the lexical pad for the new anonymous CODE block. PURE-PERL FALLBACK An XS implementation of this function is provided, and is used by default. If the XS library cannot be loaded, a fallback implementation in pure perl using the "B" module is used instead. This will behave identically, but is much slower. Rate pp xs pp 225985/s -- -66% xs 669570/s 196% -- SEE ALSO
o Test::Refcount - assert reference counts on objects AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 Devel::Refcount(3pm)