Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: installion guide
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users installion guide Post 302388010 by ahmedbashir on Tuesday 19th of January 2010 06:50:42 AM
Old 01-19-2010
installion guide

Hi everyone.

I need to install HP-UX 11i and I want user installation guide which shows me how to install HP-UX 11i step by step.Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Successful Installion of Apache

I finally finished installing Apache on my companies SCO server. The problem was with the way I uncompressed the Apache .tar.z file. I downloaded Apache onto a windows computer on our network. Then I used winzip to uncompress the files. After un- compressing the files, I transferred them to the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cstovall
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Guide to Samba

Anyone have guide to install samba on solaris 9 I tried couple of times. --How do I go about uninstalling it? bash-2.05# testparm -s > output.file Load smb config files from /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf Processing section "" Processing section "" Loaded services file OK. bash-2.05#... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brabored
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pls guide this..

in what real time scenerios we write shell scripts in oracle (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ss4u
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem during installion

Hi, I made two group the first one consists of two logic drivers (raid 1), the other one consists of four logic drivers raid 5. when I tried to install tru64 Unix v5.1 I received an error which is:- here is my show dev:- dqa00.0.0.105.0 DQA0 cd-224E 9.5B dra0.0.0.0.7.1 DRA0 2 Member RAID 1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedbashir
0 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

GD installation guide asking....

Hi, Does anybody success install GD and apply it in linux? I got trying to install it recently. Unfortunately, it seems like got a lot of error message shown :( Thus anybody got success install and use the GD in linux? Can share it with me? I'm using ia64 linux system. Thanks a lot for all... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Best guide for Jumpstart

Hi Gurus, Can you please suggest me any good guides for a Beginner to learn Solaris Jumpstart. Thank You, Rama Krishna. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Guide me please

Hi All, I am kinda struck at one point :wall: need ur help to move further. Query: My inputs files are Expected output: I am sure there should be similar tread relating my query ..but as i couldnt find the details i am posting again. Please direct me to the tread or reply... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unibeginner
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

if else statement... need guide

read readTerminal terminal_c=$readTerminal if ; then { #Execute the first SQL query } else echo next script fi anything wrong here? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ment0smintz
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)