Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Crontab for every minute or every hour Post 302387338 by kaushik02018 on Friday 15th of January 2010 10:05:03 AM
Old 01-15-2010
Bug Crontab for every minute or every hour

How to set crontab for every minute or every hour

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

run script 1 minute interval without CronTab

I am using Solaris 9. I wish to run my script every 1 minute inteval. Though i can run it using below entry in crontab. * * * * /export/home/username/script/file_exist_&_run.sh in short above script will check whether a specific file exist in a directory. If it found it will inovke another... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

crontab : bad minute error

when i say $crontab z it says ==> "z":6: bad minute "z":6: bad minute errors in crontab file, can't install. any clue why its happening? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crackthehit007
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot run crontab :1: bad minute error

Hi can any one help me out. while running crontab , m getting error bad minute time.. how to resolve this error. i created 1 txt file a.cron mirrordir -vm \home\t \homet1 & i saved it. then i created a crontab file ..with crontab -e & i added a line in it. * 1 * * * \root\a.cron & i save... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unxdost114
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

counting word xx referred to a time period, like minute or hour

Hello, I try to insert a post because I've got a trouble to perform a unix job. But I didn't found which steps (procedure) I should follow. Could you help me? I got a log by my Application box, like following: gbosmam037:test >view Log_Server.csv ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maluca68
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to add an hour or a minute to a time?

Hi, The timestamp is June 06 2011 11:05AM i need 2 results. first, an hour added to it, June 06 2011 12:05AM second, a minute added to it, June 06 2011 11:06AM How can i do this? Also when it reaches 12:59, it needs to start from 1 again without giving the output as 13:00. it... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
17 Replies

6. AIX

crontab 1 hour off from current time

This is a new one on me. We upgraded a system from AIX 5.3 TL 7 to 6.1 TL 7 yesterday. The app people notified us that their cron jobs weren't running at the right time. So I made a test cron entry and here's what I've found: # crontab -l * * * * * /usr/bin/date > /tmp/test.log 2>&1 # cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: homeyjoe
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab not starting the application in every minute...

Hi Friends, I have developed a standalone java application which is deployed in a Linux environment. I have created a script for starting this application if the process is not running or else do nothing. The application is deployed as a .jar. I have also created a crontab entry like this... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Binoy Sankar
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

E-mail based on crontab hour

I have a cron: 0 5,11,17,23 * * * /home/oracle/scripts/sysize.ksh This cron will trigger cat dbsz.txt | mail -s "$TODAY: PROD DB Size" $RECIPIENTS I don't want to get the e-mail notice 4 times a day. Can I have just one e-mail triggered at 11 AM? Please advise. Thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab error - bad hour

Hi All, While setting the crontab i am getting the below error, "/tmp/crontab.XXXXwKymEc" 156L, 15621C written crontab: installing new crontab "/tmp/crontab.XXXXwKymEc":74: bad hour Please help. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nag_sathi
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[solved] Awk/shell question to parse hour minute from text

Hi, I have a quick question on parsing the hour/minute and value from a text file and remove the seconds portion. For example in the below text file: 20:26:01 95.83 20:27:01 96.06 20:28:01 95.99 20:29:01 7.11 20:30:01 5.16 20:31:01 8.27 20:32:02 9.79 20:33:01 11.27 20:34:01 7.83... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishrao
2 Replies
CRONTAB(1)						      General Commands Manual							CRONTAB(1)

NAME
crontab - maintain crontab files for individual users (ISC Cron V4.1) SYNOPSIS
crontab [-u user] file crontab [-u user] [-l | -r | -e] DESCRIPTION
Crontab is the program used to install, deinstall or list the tables used to drive the cron(8) daemon in ISC Cron. Each user can have their own crontab, and though these are files in /var, they are not intended to be edited directly. If the cron.allow file exists, then you must be listed therein in order to be allowed to use this command. If the cron.allow file does not exist but the cron.deny file does exist, then you must not be listed in the cron.deny file in order to use this command. If neither of these files exists, only the super user will be allowed to use this command. If the -u option is given, it specifies the name of the user whose crontab is to be tweaked. If this option is not given, crontab examines "your" crontab, i.e., the crontab of the person executing the command. Note that su(8) can confuse crontab and that if you are running inside of su(8) you should always use the -u option for safety's sake. The first form of this command is used to install a new crontab from some named file or standard input if the pseudo-filename ``-'' is given. The -l option causes the current crontab to be displayed on standard output. The -r option causes the current crontab to be removed. The -e option is used to edit the current crontab using the editor specified by the VISUAL or EDITOR environment variables. After you exit from the editor, the modified crontab will be installed automatically. SEE ALSO
crontab(5), cron(8) FILES
/etc/cron.allow /etc/cron.deny STANDARDS
The crontab command conforms to IEEE Std1003.2-1992 (``POSIX''). This new command syntax differs from previous versions of Vixie Cron, as well as from the classic SVR3 syntax. DIAGNOSTICS
A fairly informative usage message appears if you run it with a bad command line. AUTHOR
Paul Vixie <vixie@isc.org> 4th Berkeley Distribution 29 December 1993 CRONTAB(1)