Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash commands to an 'ssh' within an ssh' Post 302386001 by Lakris on Monday 11th of January 2010 04:06:25 AM
Old 01-11-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcintosh.jamie
bind: Cannot assign requested address

I can only assume that IT admin has restricted access on tunneling. Is there any other options available to me?

Thanks
Jamie

Ok, it is possible that opening ports is restricted.

But this works for me, without tunneling:

ssh user@server1 "ssh server2 ls"

The reason semi-colon ";" doesn't work is that it is a command to be executed on server1, AFTER the command ssh server2 is finished. You need to group commands differently. And if You still get "command not found" maybe transfer the command first, specify a full path name or something like that.

Best regards,
Lakris

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SSH Compress Commands

I am brand new to unix and am hoping someone can start me in the right direction. I hope I have the right forum but if not can a moderator move this thread to the right area. I am moving servers and need to back up a folder and its sub folders into a .tar.gz file then want to upload that file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kushti
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh and commands

can someone point me to where it explains how to set the right commands wd ssh? cat something | while read h; do awk 'BEGIN {FS="\n"; RS=""; ORS="\n\n"} {if ($0~/'$h'/) print hdrvar,"\n",$0 }' /something/somedata ; done above works in when ssh'ing into linux machine invoke like this ssh... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: convenientstore
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

remote ssh commands help

I have a script that I'm trying to use that will check for files on a remote machine and if there is files copy the files, modify the perm on the copied files, and then delete the files off of the remote server. Right now I need to get the correct syntax so the the remote commands still interpret... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcalisi
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

could not send commands SSH session with Net::SSH::Expect

I am using Net::SSH::Expect to connect to the device(iLO) with SSH. After the $ssh->login() I'm able to view the prompt, but not able to send any coommands. With the putty I can connect to the device and execute the commands without any issues. Here is the sample script my $ssh =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hansini
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing commands over ssh

Hi I am trying to send a command over ssh with a parameter but the shell fails to expand the command properly any ideas what am i doing wrong with this. This is ssh on AIX for i in 71 72 73 74 75 do for server in server1 server2 do somestr="Some String" echo "$server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiamin
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute ssh commands through bash script

Hi all! I am trying to write a script that will check if a certain directory is available at several different nodes and then do stuff in it ..... On the beginning of the script I give as a variable the directory and the number of the nodes and then I loop like this: for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: idet2
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh commands in Perl

I'm new to perl. I have a input file with pipe delimited lines which have server_name, and file names as fields. The file names have wild card (*) in the input feed file. The actual file names will be suffixed with timestamps. Ex: Actual files in remote servers server_1/abc_20110801.txt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bperl
3 Replies

8. Programming

Using Commands over SSH using Sudo

Is there a way to transfer my sudo password via ssh so that I can copy files remotely and pass them locally, so: cat sudo-passwd-file|ssh -t user@10.7.0.180 'sudo find / -depth|cpio -oacv|gzip' > /path/to/dir/file.cpio.gz I am in the process of a creating a script. Everytime I try and just... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
16 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH + multiple commands

Sorry for the basic question here, but I can't seem to find an answer anywhere. I want to alias a command that will ssh and then open up bbedit all in 1 command. alias bbb 'ssh NAME@SERVER bbedit' returns: bash: bbedit: command not found It returns this same thing for anything except... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: busdriver
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote ssh commands

ssh XXXXX@XXXXX'. $HOME/.profile 2>/dev/null;cd $COMMON_TOP/admin/scripts/$CONTEXT_NAME; adcmctl.sh start "apps${AppsPass}" || cd $ADMIN_SCRIPTS_HOME; adcmctl.sh start "apps${AppsPass}"' As per our business requirement we should be able to execute the above two commands seprated with or ( || )... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Y.balakrishna
4 Replies
SSH-ARGV0(1)                                                BSD General Commands Manual                                               SSH-ARGV0(1)

NAME
ssh-argv0 -- replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling SYNOPSIS
hostname | user@hostname [-l login_name] [command] hostname | user@hostname [-afgknqstvxACNTX1246] [-b bind_address] [-c cipher_spec] [-e escape_char] [-i identity_file] [-l login_name] [-m mac_spec] [-o option] [-p port] [-F configfile] [-L port:host:hostport] [-R port:host:hostport] [-D port] [command] DESCRIPTION
ssh-argv0 replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling. If you link to this script with a hostname then executing the link is equivalent to having executed ssh with that hostname as an argument. All other arguments are passed to ssh and will be processed normally. OPTIONS
See ssh(1). FILES
See ssh(1). AUTHORS
OpenSSH is a derivative of the original and free ssh 1.2.12 release by Tatu Ylonen. Aaron Campbell, Bob Beck, Markus Friedl, Niels Provos, Theo de Raadt and Dug Song removed many bugs, re-added newer features and created OpenSSH. Markus Friedl contributed the support for SSH protocol versions 1.5 and 2.0. Jonathan Amery wrote this ssh-argv0 script and the associated documentation. SEE ALSO
ssh(1) Debian Project September 7, 2001 Debian Project