Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris JumpStart Image on Floppy? Post 302385810 by DukeNuke2 on Sunday 10th of January 2010 04:47:42 AM
Old 01-10-2010
what kind of hardware do you have? if it is a sun sparc, you can boot directly over network. if it is a x86 you'll need a pxe boot enabled nic to boot over network.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

using floppy on Sun solaris

hi everybody i'm trying to write something on a floppy...please i'm a beginner..how can i manage this? do i have to mount it first (how ?) and must i be root to such an operation? thanks for help hmaida (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hmaiida
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SunBlade 1500 SCSI Floppy Jumpstart

Hello :) I have a customer who is OEMing their own hadware to us. The CPU is right out of a SunBlade 1500. Because of the physical requirements, the keyboard, DVD-ROM drive, 36GB Removable disk drive and scsi floppy are housed in what they call their media box which is in some cases 10 feet from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rambo15
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 floppy drive problem

I have inserted a diskette but I don't see the files nor the floppy drive. These are the commands I ran. #volcheck -v #rmformat With rmformat, only the CD-ROM is listed. I don't see any floppy drive. How can I get my floppy drive to work?? I know it is connected b/c when I boot in XP, I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kungpow
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 8 Packages necessary for Floppy Access

I'm a newbie to Unix, but am working with some people that are more knowledgable than I, and we're all stumped. We are working to secure (Information Assurance) a Command & Control System that uses a Solaris 8 Application server. As part of this process, we are attempting to minimize the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: roygoodwin
0 Replies

5. SCO

where is root floppy image for openserver 5.0.5?

Hi. I dont have the root password to a really old openserver 5.0.5 machine, where i need to recover some root-owned file. I searched google for methods to recover the root password, and these methods involve having the 'boot' and 'root' floppy images available. I checked ftp.caldera.com for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marcpascual
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Jumpstart with image problem

Hello, I did this perfectly fine with S10Update3. But with S10Update4 something is strange a) For some reason when I am moving to Update 4, it keeps prompting for name service etc etc. But this goes away if I give nfs4_domain=dynamic in the sysidcfg file. This was not happening for Update3. Any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Naanu
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Jumpstart Solaris 10

Hello everyone, I tried to install solaris 10 using the command # boot net - install. I take the image correctly but when you start installing the Operating system installation takes a long (4 hours I have left and not advancing but not send me any errors), it can be seen from the following: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yflores
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Jumpstart Question: Update Image?

Hi everyone, We have a T5240 and noticed we were having issues booting the system using our jumpstart server (it seems as though we don't have the correct drivers for the nxge NIC) We thought we needed to update our jumpstart server image 9/10 Solaris SPARC image. Now I'm still learning... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keepcase
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to perform kickstart installation with virtual floppy image from ILO console?

HI All, I have created a kickstart file and converted into .img with below procedure to mount this as a floppy image file to supply the kickstart file during the installation time. But installation failing with unknown ks file location and other error messages. 1. Build an empty floppy... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venumutyalu
3 Replies
bootconfchk(1M) 					  System Administration Commands					   bootconfchk(1M)

NAME
bootconfchk - verify the integrity of a network boot configuration file SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/bootconfchk [bootconf-file] DESCRIPTION
The bootconfchk command checks that the file specified is a valid network boot configuration file as described in wanboot.conf(4). Any discrepancies are reported on standard error. EXIT STATUS
0 Successful completion. 1 An error occurred. 2 Usage error. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWwbsup | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
wanboot.conf(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 18 Apr 2003 bootconfchk(1M)