Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Websites with good tutorials
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Websites with good tutorials Post 302385762 by frans on Saturday 9th of January 2010 04:31:50 PM
Old 01-09-2010
search "bash scripts" on the www

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix tutorials or good sites

whats a good site for unix learning? are their any tutorials on this site? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mfbww
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Websites for Scripting...

Hi All, Anyone know any good sites for Unix Solaris Shell Scripting? Thanks for reading, b14 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: B14speedfreak
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

visited websites

Hi guys, Im just wondering on where a network admin would view a list of visited websites in unix and where to block some websites? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jake2891
3 Replies

4. AIX

AIX routing and TCPIP. Anyone find any good Tutorials?

HI All, Does anyone out there know of any good online tutorials for the basics of routing, gateways, networking with AIX, preferably the more recent versions like 5.2/5.3? Using commands such as netstat, smit mkroute, etc. to connect to boxes on a network, and load software with networked... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeffpas
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Any good tutorials or sites for expect scripting?

In a nutshell here is what I am trying to do: I have a file with a list of hostnames. I want to read in the file and ssh to each hostname on the list. Do some commands, logout of the server and go onto the next on the list. I am trying to find a site that is a good tutorial or examples so I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkruck
4 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Any good free file hosting websites out there?

Hello. I am trying to find a website where I will post a zip file containing a pdf file and the website can host it and people can download it. I just want to know any good websites for hosting these files. No surveys, free service, ease of use, no pop ups, no sign up and not a lot of advertising.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: orszhak
6 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

IT news websites

Hi guys Can you recommend some seriuos web pages with news from IT world :p Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unblock the websites

Hi Guys, Some of the websites are blocked in my office. And I know the root password. I tried to unblock those sites.. Checkedcd /etc/modprobe.d $ cat blacklist.conf # # Listing a module here prevents the hotplug scripts from loading it. # Usually that'd be so that some other driver will... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adhi
8 Replies
SERVICE(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						SERVICE(8)

NAME
service -- control (start/stop/etc.) or list system services SYNOPSIS
service -e service -R service [-v] -l | -r service [-v] <rc.d script> start|stop|etc. DESCRIPTION
The service command is an easy interface to the rc.d system. Its primary purpose is to start and stop services provided by the rc.d scripts. When used for this purpose it will set the same restricted environment that is in use at boot time (see below). It can also be used to list the scripts using various criteria. The options are as follows: -e List services that are enabled. The list of scripts to check is compiled using rcorder(8) the same way that it is done in rc(8), then that list of scripts is checked for an "rcvar" assignment. If present the script is checked to see if it is enabled. -R Restart all enabled local services. -l List all files in /etc/rc.d and the local startup directories. As described in rc.conf(5) this is usually /usr/local/etc/rc.d. All files will be listed whether they are an actual rc.d script or not. -r Generate the rcorder(8) as in -e above, but list all of the files, not just what is enabled. -v Be slightly more verbose ENVIRONMENT
When used to run rc.d scripts the service command sets HOME to / and PATH to /sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin which is how they are set in /etc/rc at boot time. EXIT STATUS
The service utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
The following are examples of typical usage of the service command: service named status service -rv The following programmable completion entry can be use in bash(1) for the names of the rc.d scripts: _service () { local cur cur=${COMP_WORDS[COMP_CWORD]} COMPREPLY=( $( compgen -W '$( service -l )' -- $cur ) ) return 0 } complete -F _service service SEE ALSO
bash(1) (ports/shells/bash), rc.conf(5), rc(8), rcorder(8) HISTORY
The service utility first appeared in FreeBSD 7.3. AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Douglas Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
December 11, 2012 BSD