Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Link status turning up and down continously Post 302385650 by DukeNuke2 on Friday 8th of January 2010 08:21:27 PM
Old 01-08-2010
the bcme0 interface is configured and has a "unknown" link status. check your switch for autoneg. this should be enabled.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sftping continously with out breaking the connection

Hello Every one, I have a situation where I want to sftp the files to third part server and I came up with below script where in I am using "expect" utility for sftping the files. ..................................................... #!/usr/local/bin/expect -- # set timeout 120 set... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nilesrex
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script should run continously

Hi I have a small req. I have a script called as abc.sh I want to execute this script continously for every 1 minute even if i exit from the server i.e., it should keeps on running for every one minute even if i logged off Can any one send me the sample code or procedure to work... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pssandeep
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Running the job continously.

I run a job, before completion of that job, another one started the same job in the middle of running the same job. What will happen? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh08
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to append the output continously from a script

Hi All, Am using the below script to produce some statistics. Currently it send the results to a log file and sends the contents of the log to a mail ID. Next time when it runs it erases the previous log and writes the latest output to the log file. I want the output to be appended to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nirmal84
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Polling continously for presence of a file

Hi, My os is sun solaris 5.10 and Korn shell scripting. I have a file name like CCNA_EARLY_SWP.w062309 where 062309 is date in mmddyy .This is the value date of the file.(will I need to check continously from 5.00 - 7.00 am daily for this file . If the file has not come at 5 am or 7am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj39
4 Replies

6. Solaris

How to retrieve network link status from Kernel?

I have need for a reliable and easy way to get from within a script, or a java class, the status of the network interface cards (whether the link is up, or down). I believe the kernel status would be quicker to know if they were up or down rather than if a ping simply didnt respond back. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to stop the process that is running continously

Hi there, I have written a script to check daily process, each script is in a different directory. Now the first process is running fine, when it goes to the next directory the process doesn't executes. cd result/logs ref=month_1888.log echo $ref>> $logfile cd /max/tot/first... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NehaKrish
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

RHEL4 on VM cannot get status network link down

Hi All, RHEL4 on VM cannot get status network link down. when I unplug network cable. - ESX found interface down - but VM RHEL4 not detect that !, It show still up (mii-tool) Please help share you idea for my case. ESXi 5.1.0, RHEL4 Thank you, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arm_naja
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Link aggregation and status of network interfaces in “ipadm” command

I am again rephrasing the issue that we are facing: We are creating link aggregations with two interfaces named net0 & net5: # dladm create-aggr -m dlmp -l net0 -l net5 -l net2 aggr1 Setting prob targets for aggr1: # dladm set-linkprop -p probe-ip=+ aggr1 Setting failure detection... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitanshu.verma
3 Replies
FBSQL_DB_STATUS(3)							 1							FBSQL_DB_STATUS(3)

fbsql_db_status - Get the status for a given database

SYNOPSIS
int fbsql_db_status (string $database_name, [resource $link_identifier]) DESCRIPTION
Gets the current status of the specified database. PARAMETERS
o $database_name - The database name. o $ link_identifier -A FrontBase link identifier returned by fbsql_connect(3) or fbsql_pconnect(3).If optional and not specified, the function will try to find an open link to the FrontBase server and if no such link is found it will try to create one as if fbsql_connect(3) was called with no arguments. RETURN VALUES
Returns an integer value with the current status. This can be one of the following constants: o FALSE - The exec handler for the host was invalid. This error will occur when the $link_identifier connects directly to a database by using a port number. FBExec can be available on the server but no connection has been made for it. o FBSQL_UNKNOWN - The Status is unknown. o FBSQL_STOPPED - The database is not running. Use fbsql_start_db(3) to start the database. o FBSQL_STARTING - The database is starting. o FBSQL_RUNNING - The database is running and can be used to perform SQL operations. o FBSQL_STOPPING - The database is stopping. o FBSQL_NOEXEC - FBExec is not running on the server and it is not possible to get the status of the database. SEE ALSO
fbsql_start_db(3), fbsql_stop_db(3). PHP Documentation Group FBSQL_DB_STATUS(3)