Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Link status turning up and down continously Post 302385645 by DukeNuke2 on Friday 8th of January 2010 08:10:52 PM
Old 01-08-2010
what is the output of "dladm show-dev"?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sftping continously with out breaking the connection

Hello Every one, I have a situation where I want to sftp the files to third part server and I came up with below script where in I am using "expect" utility for sftping the files. ..................................................... #!/usr/local/bin/expect -- # set timeout 120 set... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nilesrex
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script should run continously

Hi I have a small req. I have a script called as abc.sh I want to execute this script continously for every 1 minute even if i exit from the server i.e., it should keeps on running for every one minute even if i logged off Can any one send me the sample code or procedure to work... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pssandeep
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Running the job continously.

I run a job, before completion of that job, another one started the same job in the middle of running the same job. What will happen? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh08
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to append the output continously from a script

Hi All, Am using the below script to produce some statistics. Currently it send the results to a log file and sends the contents of the log to a mail ID. Next time when it runs it erases the previous log and writes the latest output to the log file. I want the output to be appended to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nirmal84
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Polling continously for presence of a file

Hi, My os is sun solaris 5.10 and Korn shell scripting. I have a file name like CCNA_EARLY_SWP.w062309 where 062309 is date in mmddyy .This is the value date of the file.(will I need to check continously from 5.00 - 7.00 am daily for this file . If the file has not come at 5 am or 7am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj39
4 Replies

6. Solaris

How to retrieve network link status from Kernel?

I have need for a reliable and easy way to get from within a script, or a java class, the status of the network interface cards (whether the link is up, or down). I believe the kernel status would be quicker to know if they were up or down rather than if a ping simply didnt respond back. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to stop the process that is running continously

Hi there, I have written a script to check daily process, each script is in a different directory. Now the first process is running fine, when it goes to the next directory the process doesn't executes. cd result/logs ref=month_1888.log echo $ref>> $logfile cd /max/tot/first... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NehaKrish
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

RHEL4 on VM cannot get status network link down

Hi All, RHEL4 on VM cannot get status network link down. when I unplug network cable. - ESX found interface down - but VM RHEL4 not detect that !, It show still up (mii-tool) Please help share you idea for my case. ESXi 5.1.0, RHEL4 Thank you, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arm_naja
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Link aggregation and status of network interfaces in “ipadm” command

I am again rephrasing the issue that we are facing: We are creating link aggregations with two interfaces named net0 & net5: # dladm create-aggr -m dlmp -l net0 -l net5 -l net2 aggr1 Setting prob targets for aggr1: # dladm set-linkprop -p probe-ip=+ aggr1 Setting failure detection... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitanshu.verma
3 Replies
di_walk_minor(3DEVINFO) 			       Device Information Library Functions				   di_walk_minor(3DEVINFO)

NAME
di_walk_minor - traverse libdevinfo minor nodes SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -ldevinfo [ library... ] #include <libdevinfo.h> int di_walk_minor(di_node_t root, const char *minor_nodetype, uint_t flag, void *arg, int (*minor_callback)(di_node_t node, di_minor_t minor, void *arg)); PARAMETERS
arg Pointer to caller- specific user data. flag Specify 0. Reserved for future use. minor The minor node visited. minor_nodetype A character string specifying the minor data type, which may be one of the types defined by the Solaris DDI framework, for example, DDI_NT_BLOCK. NULL matches all minor_node types. See ddi_create_minor_node(9F). node The device node with which to the minor node is associated. root Root of subtree to visit. DESCRIPTION
The di_walk_minor() function visits all minor nodes attached to device nodes in a subtree rooted at root. For each minor node that matches minor_nodetype, the caller-supplied function minor_callback() is invoked. The walk terminates immediately when minor_callback() returns DI_WALK_TERMINATE. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, di_walk_minor() returns 0. Otherwise, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. The minor_callback() function returns one of the following: DI_WALK_CONTINUE Continue to visit subsequent minor data nodes. DI_WALK_TERMINATE Terminate the walk immediately. ERRORS
The di_walk_minor() function will fail if: EINVAL Invalid argument. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
dladm(1M), di_minor_nodetype(3DEVINFO), dlpi_walk(3DLPI), libdevinfo(3LIB), attributes(5), filesystem(5), ddi_create_minor_node(9F) Writing Device Drivers NOTES
The di_walk_minor() function is no longer an accurate method for walking network datalink interfaces on the system. Applications should use dlpi_walk(3DLPI) instead. It has been common for applications to use di_walk_minor() to walk networking devices by passing in a minor_node- type of DDI_NT_NET, in most cases to discover the set of DLPI devices on the system. Solaris now makes a layering distinction between net- working devices (the objects displayed in the DEVICE field by dladm show-phys) and network datalink interfaces (the objects displayed by dladm show-link). Datalink interfaces are represented as the set of DLPI device nodes that applications can open by using dlpi_open(3DLPI) or by opening DLPI nodes out of the /dev/net filesystem (see filesystem(5)). The dlpi_walk(3DLPI) function is the proper function to walk these nodes. SunOS 5.11 14 Jan 2009 di_walk_minor(3DEVINFO)