Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Looking for Solaris 10 10/09 Drivers for these Devices Post 302384783 by jlliagre on Wednesday 6th of January 2010 09:50:21 AM
Old 01-06-2010
Your wifi card should be supported by the arn driver which requires OpenSolaris build 106 or newer: arn driver (Community Group laptop.arn) - XWiki
There is no support for your RAID card and none is planned as low-end hardware raid has little value with ZFS.
Bug ID: 6691679 need RAID support for Intel 82801GR controller
There is however an open bug to allow disks connected to it to be accessed in non hardware raid mode:
Bug ID: 6681822 Solaris should recognize BIOS-assisted software-RAID volumes and utilize unassigned SATA disks
In any case, nothing would be available with Solaris 10 10/09. You might want to install it as a guest with VirtualBox running on top of a supported OS.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Install drivers Solaris 10 x86

I am trying to figure out a way to install drivers for a network card. I have a 3C905C-TXM 3Com card that appeared to check out on Solaris's Web Site. I found what I thought was a driver, although that may not be the case, because the instructions asked me to copy-and-paste the contents into a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jody
1 Replies

2. Solaris

devices in solaris 10

i want to use the devfsadm command and understand its function (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bondoq
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris print devices

I've been looking in my /dev directory for my available devices to set up a printer and was expecting to see some lp or lpr devices using Solaris 8, but I do not see them so I'm a little confused? Any help would be greatly appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jroglass
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris drivers

Hi All, Does anyone know where I can download the ge drivers for solaris 2.6? Having a bit of a mare trying to find them anywhere. Thanks Rgrds Marty (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
5 Replies

5. Solaris

solaris way if interpreting devices?

Hi all, I wanted to know the solaris way of interpreting devices? I mean i understand all those c0t0....stuff but when i start mounting devices , most of the times i get either a I/O error or it says that the directory does not exist. eg: I have a external usb hub to which i have connected... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrapster
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris Printer drivers.

Hi, I have a solaris 10 server that I have set up a number of printers on which are working fine. I have set these up from the print manager and used the default list of printers available within print manager to set them up. There is two or three printers I need to set up which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gwhelan
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 and Broadcom drivers

Hi to all, I've installed Solaris 10 on my workstation but I've some networks problems.My NIC,a Broadcom integrated chipset don't work with solaris.Whit the prtconf command I'm unable to identify the correct chipset's model.And I'm searching hovewer for some drivers but I'm fear that Broadcom... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bgf0
2 Replies

8. Solaris

solaris I/O devices info

Hi, can anyone help in finding the hardware related details of I/O devices of remote solaris machine .Thanks in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pratheepv
7 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris zone devices

Hello all, I'm having issue with trying to add device resource to my zone from the global zone. I did the following zoncfg -x larryase add device set match="/dev/tty*" end I get device already set, but in me zone I don't see the device. Is there a "reboot -- r" command for zones? or... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: larryase
0 Replies

10. Solaris

NIC drivers+solaris 10

Installed solaris 10 and now i want to connect to internet,to make work this i need to NIC drivers can some body tell me is it possible to get drivers and how to install. I am dying to get rid of this problem..please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srinivas2828
1 Replies
ARCMSR(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						 ARCMSR(4)

NAME
arcmsr -- Areca Technology Corporation SATA/SAS RAID controller SYNOPSIS
arcmsr* at pci? dev ? function ? DESCRIPTION
The arcmsr driver provides support for the PCI-X and PCI Express RAID controllers from Areca Technology Corporation: - ARC-1110 PCI-X 4 Port SATA RAID Controller - ARC-1110ML PCI-X 4 Port SATA RAID Controller - ARC-1120 PCI-X 8 Port SATA RAID Controller - ARC-1120ML PCI-X 8 Port SATA RAID Controller - ARC-1130 PCI-X 12 Port SATA RAID Controller - ARC-1130ML PCI-X 12 Port SATA RAID Controller - ARC-1160 PCI-X 16 Port SATA RAID Controller - ARC-1160ML PCI-X 16 Port SATA RAID Controller - ARC-1170 PCI-X 24 Port SATA RAID Controller - ARC-1200 Rev A PCI Express 2 Port SATA RAID Controller - ARC-1202 PCI Express 2 Port SATA RAID Controller - ARC-1210 PCI Express 4 Port SATA RAID Controller - ARC-1220 PCI Express 8 Port SATA RAID Controller - ARC-1230 PCI Express 12 Port SATA RAID Controller - ARC-1230ML PCI Express 12 Port SATA RAID Controller - ARC-1231ML PCI Express 12 Port SATA RAID Controller - ARC-1260 PCI Express 16 Port SATA RAID Controller - ARC-1260ML PCI Express 16 Port SATA RAID Controller - ARC-1261ML PCI Express 16 Port SATA RAID Controller - ARC-1280 PCI Express 24 Port SATA RAID Controller - ARC-1280ML PCI Express 24 Port SATA RAID Controller - ARC-1680 PCI Express 8 Port SAS RAID Controller - ARC-1680LP PCI Express 8 Port SAS RAID Controller - ARC-1680i PCI Express 8 Port SAS RAID Controller - ARC-1680x PCI Express 8 Port SAS RAID Controller - ARC-1681 PCI-X 8 Port SAS RAID Controller These controllers support RAID levels 0, 1, 1E, 3, 5, 6, and JBOD using either SAS or SATA II drives. arcmsr supports management and monitoring of the controller through the bioctl(8) and envstat(8) commands. Please note, however, that to use some features that require special privileges, such as creating/removing hot-spares, pass-through disks or RAID volumes will require to have the password disabled in the firmware; otherwise a Permission denied error will be reported by bioctl(8). When a RAID 1 or 1+0 volume is created, either through the bioctl(8) command or controller's firmware, the volume won't be accessible until the initialization is done. A way to get access to the sd(4) device that corresponds to that volume without rebooting, is to issue the fol- lowing command (once the initialization is finished): $ scsictl scsibus0 scan any any The arcmsr driver will also report to the kernel log buffer any error that might appear when handling firmware commands, such as used by the bioctl(8) command. EVENTS
The arcmsr driver is able to send events to powerd(8) if a volume or any drive connected to the volume is not online. The state-changed event will be sent to the /etc/powerd/scripts/sensor_drive script when such condition happens. SEE ALSO
intro(4), pci(4), scsi(4), sd(4), bioctl(8), envstat(8), powerd(8), scsictl(8) HISTORY
The arcmsr driver first appeared in NetBSD 5.0. AUTHORS
The arcmsr driver was originally written for OpenBSD by David Gwynne. It was ported to NetBSD and extended by Juan Romero Pardines. BSD
March 3, 2008 BSD