Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Output file not displayed in the proper format Post 302384619 by Scrutinizer on Wednesday 6th of January 2010 02:32:44 AM
Old 01-06-2010
Perhaps you are need to transform the output from unix to dos format and pipe that into uuencode.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check for proper e mail id format

Hi, We run an application called meta which reads user information from database and updates in LDAP.For that we have some scripts to check the uniqueness of mail ids between the existing LDAP and Database.It works fine when people enter mail ids in proper format (xxx.yyy@abc.com) but if it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prolay
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Net::SSH::Perl ...... how to print the output in a proper format

Hi Guys, my $cmd = "ls -l"; #........ {or let it be as # my $cmd= "ls"; } my $ssh = Net::SSH::Perl->new($host); $ssh->login($user, $pass); my($stdout, $stderr, $exit) = $ssh->cmd("$cmd"); print $stdout; the script works fine, but i am unable to see the output getting displayed in a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsprasanna
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic output file generation using a input text file with predefined output format

Hi, I have two files , one file with data file with attributes that need to be sent to another file to generate a predefined format. Example: File.txt AP|{SSHA}VEEg42CNCghUnGhCVg== APVG3|{SSHA}XK|"password" AP3|{SSHA}XK|"This is test" .... etc --------- test.sh has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hudson03051nh
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting Proper Date Format in SH Script

There's a small SH script I'm trying to write where it will get the current month and find a log file that is based on the date. Example: Today is February, so the log file is going to be 201102.log (2011 + 02) An additional thing is that if today is the 1st of a month, it will also find the log... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kooshi
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to split a xml file in proper format

Hi, I have a file which has xml data but all in single line Ex - <?xml version="1.0"?><User><Name>Robert</Name><Location>California</Location><Occupation>Programmer</Occupation></User> I want to split the data in proper xml format Ex- <?xml version="1.0"?> <User> <Name>Robert</Name>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: avishek007
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl - output not being displayed

Hi All I have the following code sub pall_nvrm { my $cmd = `pall -w "/u/ab/scripts/dev/nvrmerros/nvrmpaller"`; print $cmd; } if i run pall -w "/u/ab/scripts/dev/nvrmerros/nvrmpaller" in a shell i get this sort of out put eagley: boxted: cadle: eabost: hales: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format of content displayed in the attachment of email

Hi, I'm facing a problem in mailing attachments using uuencode in mailx. I got to attach a couple of flatfiles. I'm able to attach and mail the files successfully. But there is a problem in the format of the flatfiles when they are received as an attachemnt. For Example : Consider... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sindhuap
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk - Summation in Proper decimal Format

Hi I am executing below command to do summation on 46th coloumn. cat File1| awk -F"|" '{p += $46} END { printf"Column Name | SUM | " p}' I am getting output as Column Name | SUM | 1.01139e+10 Here I want output in Proper decimal format. Can someone tell me what change is required for same? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanranad
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to grep this Data in proper format:- Please Guide

Hi Guys, I need to grep below data in this format backup_id creation expiration policy sched_label backup_id = picoserver38_1212077050, version = 2 creation = 05/29/2008 18:04:10 (1212077050) expiration = 06/29/2008 18:04:10 (1214755450) retention_level = 3, fragment = 2, file_num = 1... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine multiline to one line with proper format

Hello Guys, I have a file say FILE1.txt contains below data:- A B C D E F G H I J K L I need the output in another file as FILE2 as:- 'A', 'B', 'C', 'D', 'E', (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jassi10781
7 Replies
EDAC-UTIL(1)						   EDAC error reporting utility 					      EDAC-UTIL(1)

NAME
edac-util - EDAC error reporting utility. SYNOPSIS
edac-util [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
The edac-util program reads information from EDAC (Error Detection and Correction) drivers in the kernel, using files exported by these drivers in sysfs. With no options, edac-util will report any uncorrected error (UE) or corrected error (CE) information recorded by EDAC, along with any DIMM label information registered with EDAC. OPTIONS
-h, --help Display a summary of the command-line options. -q, --quiet Quiet mode. For some reports, edac-util will report corrected and uncorrected error counts for all MC, csrow, and channel combina- tions, even if the current count of errors is zero. The --quiet flag will suppress the display of any locations with zero errors, thus creating a more terse report. No output will be generated if there are zero total errors currently recorded by EDAC. Addition- ally, the use of --quiet will suppress all informational and debug messages, displaying only fatal errors. -v, --verbose Increase verbosity. Multiple -v's may be used. -s, --status Displays the current status of EDAC drivers. edac-util will report whether it detects that EDAC drivers are loaded, and the number of memory controllers (MCs) found in sysfs. In verbose mode, the MC id and name of each controller will also be printed. -r, --report=report,... Specify the report to generate. Currently, the available reports are default, simple, full, ue, and ce. These reports are detailed in the EDAC REPORTS section below. More than one report may be specified in a comma-separated list. EDAC REPORTS
default The default edac-util report is generated when the program is run without any options. If there are no errors logged by EDAC, this report will display "No errors to report." to stdout. Otherwise, error counts for each MC, csrow, channel combination with attrib- uted errors are displayed, along with corresponding DIMM labels, if these labels have been registered in sysfs. The default report will also display any errors that do not have any DIMM information. These errors occur when errors are reported in the memory controller overflow register, indicating that more than one error occurred during a given EDAC poll cycle. It is usu- ally obvious from which DIMM locations these errors were generated. simple The simple report reports total corrected and uncorrected errors for each MC detected on the system. It also displays a tally of total errors. With the --quiet option, only non-zero error counts are displayed. full The full report generates a line of output for every MC, csrow, channel combination found in EDAC sysfs. This includes counts of errors with no information ("noinfo" errors). Output is of the form: MC:(csrow|noinfo):(label|all):(UE|CE):count With the --quiet option, only non-zero error counts will be displayed. ue This report simply displays the total number of Uncorrected Errors (UEs) detected on the system. With the --quiet option, output will be suppressed unless there are 1 or more errors to report. ce This report simply displays the total number of Corrected Errors (CEs) detected on the system. With the --quiet option, output will be suppressed unless there are 1 or more errors to report. SEE ALSO
edac(3), edac-ctl(8) edac-utils-0.18-1 2011-11-09 EDAC-UTIL(1)