Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Output file not displayed in the proper format Post 302384619 by Scrutinizer on Wednesday 6th of January 2010 02:32:44 AM
Old 01-06-2010
Perhaps you are need to transform the output from unix to dos format and pipe that into uuencode.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check for proper e mail id format

Hi, We run an application called meta which reads user information from database and updates in LDAP.For that we have some scripts to check the uniqueness of mail ids between the existing LDAP and Database.It works fine when people enter mail ids in proper format (xxx.yyy@abc.com) but if it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prolay
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Net::SSH::Perl ...... how to print the output in a proper format

Hi Guys, my $cmd = "ls -l"; #........ {or let it be as # my $cmd= "ls"; } my $ssh = Net::SSH::Perl->new($host); $ssh->login($user, $pass); my($stdout, $stderr, $exit) = $ssh->cmd("$cmd"); print $stdout; the script works fine, but i am unable to see the output getting displayed in a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsprasanna
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic output file generation using a input text file with predefined output format

Hi, I have two files , one file with data file with attributes that need to be sent to another file to generate a predefined format. Example: File.txt AP|{SSHA}VEEg42CNCghUnGhCVg== APVG3|{SSHA}XK|"password" AP3|{SSHA}XK|"This is test" .... etc --------- test.sh has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hudson03051nh
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting Proper Date Format in SH Script

There's a small SH script I'm trying to write where it will get the current month and find a log file that is based on the date. Example: Today is February, so the log file is going to be 201102.log (2011 + 02) An additional thing is that if today is the 1st of a month, it will also find the log... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kooshi
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to split a xml file in proper format

Hi, I have a file which has xml data but all in single line Ex - <?xml version="1.0"?><User><Name>Robert</Name><Location>California</Location><Occupation>Programmer</Occupation></User> I want to split the data in proper xml format Ex- <?xml version="1.0"?> <User> <Name>Robert</Name>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: avishek007
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl - output not being displayed

Hi All I have the following code sub pall_nvrm { my $cmd = `pall -w "/u/ab/scripts/dev/nvrmerros/nvrmpaller"`; print $cmd; } if i run pall -w "/u/ab/scripts/dev/nvrmerros/nvrmpaller" in a shell i get this sort of out put eagley: boxted: cadle: eabost: hales: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format of content displayed in the attachment of email

Hi, I'm facing a problem in mailing attachments using uuencode in mailx. I got to attach a couple of flatfiles. I'm able to attach and mail the files successfully. But there is a problem in the format of the flatfiles when they are received as an attachemnt. For Example : Consider... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sindhuap
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk - Summation in Proper decimal Format

Hi I am executing below command to do summation on 46th coloumn. cat File1| awk -F"|" '{p += $46} END { printf"Column Name | SUM | " p}' I am getting output as Column Name | SUM | 1.01139e+10 Here I want output in Proper decimal format. Can someone tell me what change is required for same? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanranad
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to grep this Data in proper format:- Please Guide

Hi Guys, I need to grep below data in this format backup_id creation expiration policy sched_label backup_id = picoserver38_1212077050, version = 2 creation = 05/29/2008 18:04:10 (1212077050) expiration = 06/29/2008 18:04:10 (1214755450) retention_level = 3, fragment = 2, file_num = 1... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine multiline to one line with proper format

Hello Guys, I have a file say FILE1.txt contains below data:- A B C D E F G H I J K L I need the output in another file as FILE2 as:- 'A', 'B', 'C', 'D', 'E', (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jassi10781
7 Replies
iostat(1)						      General Commands Manual							 iostat(1)

Name
       iostat - report I/O statistics

Syntax
       iostat [ -c ] [ -t ] [ disknames ] [ interval ] [ count ]

Description
       The  command  reports  I/O  statistics for terminals, disks and cpus.  For terminals the number of input and output characters are counted.
       For disks the number of 512 byte blocks per second and number of transfers per second are displayed.  For cpus, it provides the	percentage
       of  time  the system has spent in user mode, in user mode running low priority (niced) processes, in system mode, and idling.  On multipro-
       cessor systems these cpu statistics represent a cumulative summary of all the cpus.

The optional disknames argument causes disk statistics to be displayed for the specified disks.	If this argument  is  not  specified  then
       disk statistics will be displayed for the first 3 disks only.

The  optional interval argument causes to report once each interval seconds.  The first report is for all time since a reboot and each sub-
       sequent report is for the last interval only.

The optional count argument restricts the number of reports.

Options
       -c   Displays the percentage of time each cpu spent in user mode, running low priority (nice'd) processes, in system mode, and idling.

-t   Displays the number of characters read from and written to terminals.

Examples
       This example will cause cpu and disk statistics for the 5 disks ra0, ra1, ra2, ra3, and ra4.
	    iostat ra0 ra1 ra2 ra3 ra4
       This example will cause cpu, terminal, and disk statistics for ra0 to be displayed and updated every 2 seconds.
	    iostat -t ra0 2

Files
See Also
       vmstat(1), cpustat(1)

iostat(1)