Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Member Reviews of the Movie: Avatar Post 302382925 by dr_te_z on Sunday 27th of December 2009 07:51:54 AM
Old 12-27-2009
Watched it in 2D with my daughters. Did not know what to expect and I was really impressed. Much has happened since "Jurrasic Park". The story reminded me of "dancing with wolves" and the analogy with the native americans is very obvious, but this time the "good guys" won Smilie
The scene in which he feels his feet in the dirt again was the best.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

where can i upload an image for avatar (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: royal
3 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Hi, I wanted to change my avatar, but I get the message You may not upload animated images. How come that this user has one? https://www.unix.com/members/3394.html https://www.unix.com/avatars/perderabo.gif All users are equal, but some are more equal than other? Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ebbi
0 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

How to get an avatar to work?

I have uploaded a small image, 64x64 and about 5k in size, that was about a week ago, I still do not see my image when I post, or maybe I just can't see it and others can? It helps me scroll through threads and find my own posts easier, but on this forum it either doesn't show up for me or is just... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raidzero
1 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Unix and Linux Product Reviews

Do you think it would be useful to have a section where members review products? Please vote and comment :b: Thanks! (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
12 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Member Reviews of the Movie: Sherlock Holmes

In our last review post, members reviewed Avatar. Now, let's discuss Sherlock Holmes. (3 Replies)
3 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Amazon Censorship on Book Reviews

Dystopia.? Censorship? Bad AI? My audiobook review of Russian Roulette on Audible (an Amazon company) was the top rated "Most Helpful" review. The "Most Helpful" review rating was 65 of 76 as of yesterday, ranking it at the top of the reviews for this audiobook. Then today, Audible (an... (1 Reply)
1 Replies
RAD2MGF(1)						      General Commands Manual							RAD2MGF(1)

NAME
rad2mgf - convert RADIANCE scene description to Materials and Geometry Format SYNOPSIS
rad2mgf [ -dU ] [ input .. ] DESCRIPTION
Rad2mgf converts one or more RADIANCE scene files to the Materials and Geometry Format (MGF). Input units are specified with the -mU option, where U is one of 'm' (meters), 'c' (centimeters), 'f' (feet) or 'i' (inches). The assumed unit is meters, which is the required output unit for MGF (thus the need to know). If the input dimensions are in none of these units, then the user should apply xform(1) with the -s option to bring the units into line prior to translation. The MGF material names and properties for the surfaces will be those assigned in RADIANCE. If a referenced material has not been defined, then its name will be invoked in the MGF output without definition, and the description will be incomplete. LIMITATIONS
Although MGF supports all of the geometric types and the most common material types used in RADIANCE, there is currently no support for advanced BRDF materials, patterns, textures or mixtures. Also, the special types "source" and "antimatter" are not supported, and all light source materials are converted to simple diffuse emitters (except "illum" materials, which are converted to their alternates). These primitives are reproduced as comments in the output and must be replaced manually if necessary. The RADIANCE "instance" and "mesh" types aretreated specially. Rad2mgf converts each instance or mesh to an MGF include statement, using the corresponding transformation and a file name derived from the octree or mesh name. (The original octree/mesh suffix is replaced by ".mgf".) For this to work, the user must separately create the referenced MGF files from the original RADIANCE descriptions. The descrip- tion file names can usually be determined using the getinfo(1) command run on the octrees in question. EXAMPLE
To convert three RADIANCE files (in feet) to one MGF file: rad2mgf -df file1.rad file2.rad file3.rad > scene.mgf To translate a RADIANCE materials file to MGF: rad2mgf materials.rad > materials.mgf AUTHOR
Greg Ward SEE ALSO
getinfo(1), ies2rad(1), mgf2meta(1), mgf2rad(1), obj2rad(1), oconv(1), xform(1) MGF web site "http://radsite.lbl.gov/mgf/HOME.html" RADIANCE
5/15/95 RAD2MGF(1)