Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: check parameters
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers check parameters Post 302382167 by thegeek on Tuesday 22nd of December 2009 11:36:23 AM
Old 12-22-2009
but what is the script ? perl or bash or !!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to check for a file, check for 2hrs. then quit

I wish to seach a Dir for a specific file, once the file is found i will perform additional logic. If the file is not found within two hours, i would like to exit. Logically, I'm looking for the best way to approach this Thanks for any assistance in advance. Note: I'm using a C shell and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmarsh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk parameters check

Is there a way to preform check if the parameters that was send with the command awk -f `file_name.awk` `input_file` before even it gets to the BEGIN section (i have tested a try to check in the BEGIN it doesn't let ,you must make it on the section that after the BEGIN) and then decide if the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tal
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parameters to check while differentiating two servers

Hi All, I have two solaris servers. Please tell me what all parameters i can check to find out the difference between two servers. how to differentiate based on H/W,S/W etc like i have two servers spdwa013 $ uname -an SunOS spdwa013 5.8 Generic_117350-61 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-480R ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: usha rao
1 Replies

4. AIX

tuning network parameters : parameters not persist after reboot

Hello, On Aix 5.2, we changed the parameters tcp_keepinit, tcp_keepintvl and tcp_keepidle with the no command. tunrestore -R is present in inittab in the directory /etc/tunables we can clearly see the inclusion of parameters during reboot, including the file lastboot.log ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dantares
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check that passed parameters all have the same extension?

$ ls monkey.txt banana.csv tree.txt $ myscript monkey.txt tree.txt All extensions ARE alike. $ myscript *txt All extensions ARE alike. $ myscript monkey.txt banana.csv All extensions are NOT alike. $ myscript * All extensions are NOT alike. My brain has given up; what's the simplest... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: cs03dmj
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Check EOF char in Unix. OR To check file has been received completely from a remote system

Advance Thanks. (1) I would like to know any unix/Linux command to check EOF char in a file. (2) Or Any way I can check a file has been reached completely at machine B from machine A. Note that machine A ftp/scp the file to machine B at unknown time. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexalex1
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check on parameters

Hi I have a script that reads a directory name, and then prints all de items in that directory. Now that works, but I want to check on the parameters to be sure that the user has write just 1 parameter, and if not, than the script closes. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hss
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

check parameters

hi all, i write a script in ksh but i have a problem I want to check the number of parameters while ] do echo "Inserisci la macchina che vuoi restorare o scrivi fine per terminare lo script, puoi restorare" $a "client: " read CLIENT echo $CLIENT the variable... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FrancescoIt
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl code to check date and check files in particular dir

Hi Experts, I am checking how to get day in Perl. If it is “Monday” I need to process…below is the pseudo code. Can you please prove the code for below condition. if (today=="Monday" ) { while (current_time LESS THAN 9:01 AM) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i check if all parameters are set in bash?

Hi, I have 4 parameters passed to my shell and i validate if all four are entered using the following snippet: if then echo "Not entered" else echo "entered" fi I get the following output as 'Not entered even when i enter the values for all prompts. Please advise. Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jesshelle David
5 Replies
IPFWADM-WRAPPER(8)														IPFWADM-WRAPPER(8)

NAME
ipfwadm-wrapper - IP firewall administration SYNOPSIS
ipfwadm-wrapper -A command parameters [options] ipfwadm-wrapper -I command parameters [options] ipfwadm-wrapper -O command parameters [options] ipfwadm-wrapper -F command parameters [options] ipfwadm-wrapper -M [ -l | -s ] [options] DESCRIPTION
Ipfwadm-wrapper emulates the behaviour of ipfwadm. You can use this wrapper to use your old ipfwadm firewall rules with ipchains. See ipfwadm(8) for more details. If the kernel does not support ipchains (eg. a 2.0 kernel), and the file /sbin/ipfwadm.real exists and is executable, then it will be exe- cuted with the arguments given to ipfwadm-wrapper. This allows simple dual-booting of 2.2 and 2.0 kernels with the same firewalling scripts: simply move ipfwadm to ipfwadm.real, and ipfwadm-wrapper to ipfwadm. SEE ALSO
ipfwadm(8), ipchains(8) BUGS
The script isn't clever at parsing command line arguments. You must use separate arguments, rather than run them together. For example, `ipfwadm -Mle' becomes `ipfwadm-wrapper -M -l -e'. Fragment accounting rules are not translated correctly; they will account packets with source port 65535. Due to new kernel restrictions, you must be root even to list rules for 2.2 kernels. If /usr is mounted from NFS, you will not be able to use ipfwadm-wrapper before /usr is mounted. AUTHOR
Paul ``Rusty'' Russell <ipchains@rustcorp.com> February 8, 1998 IPFWADM-WRAPPER(8)