Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Zlogin -C with out user Interaction how to proceed? Post 302381895 by jlliagre on Monday 21st of December 2009 09:28:18 AM
Old 12-21-2009
Just like a regular Solaris instance, a zone can have its configuration preset by using the sysidcfg file.
See How to Use an /etc/sysidcfg File to Perform the Initial Zone Configuration (System Administration Guide: Virtualization Using the Solaris Operating System) - Sun Microsystems and
Code:
man sysidcfg

for details.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Want to create new users without using "useradd" command and user Interaction.

Don't want to use useradd command to create a new user I am doing manual addition of accounts. Actually I am writing a script and I am working on RedHat7.1 system. What I am trying to do is run the script and pass all the values of the username password and group as command line parameters. Now... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: syedifti
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can i enter password with out user interaction

Can any body help me to write a scripting program for entering a password at run time with out user interaction. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kumar_d
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

booting up but the system was waiting for user interaction at console

Hi all, My ssytem is mounted on a rack and not connected with any console. When I rebooted it remotely, it didn't go thru the bootup process. when I connect my laptop to the system locally and found that it was waiting for user interaction. Do you know how to disable it, so that it will boot... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stancwong
1 Replies

4. Programming

Needed help in a ruby script with user interaction involved!

Hi all, I am struck at this point and needed some help in ruby I wanted to write a script that accepts the no of VNICs the user wants to create and then ask for the name of each Vnic he wants then use these names to create the corresponding Vnics Eg: suppose that there are 2 Vnics to be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

textbox and user interaction

I'm wanting to get user interaction...textbox or checkboxes would be great. I want to allow someone to enter data into textbox. (this is the time I want to grab a photo from) Then I want to be able to check the different sizes I want for the image. Say 4 options. Is this possible using the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mainegate
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Here document supports user interaction?

Hi, I am trying to ssh into a remote machine and then enter a vserver on the remote machine. I am using here document to carry out these commands on the remote machine. My here document looks like this ssh username@remotemachine << HERE sudo vserver vservername enter HERE however the sudo... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnanavati
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

User interaction that passes the answer to a variable

Please tell me how to write a bash script that asks the user to enter a word and that passes the entered word to a variable. echo "Type a word and press the Enter key:" myVar=`cat` echo "You entered $myVar" The above code is very awkward, because it requires the user to enter... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LessNux
2 Replies

8. Programming

Running plink with user input interaction from vb.net

Hi there, I am trying to run a .sh file with plink from vb.net. I am now able to run the .sh on vb.net but i have a problem because the .sh script require user input: The .sh is prompting a few question and require user to input y/n to proceed. I am trying... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yun
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)