Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem combining two variables into one Post 302381095 by ichigo on Thursday 17th of December 2009 07:01:29 AM
Old 12-17-2009
Code:
array[1]=/root/path_one
array[2]=/root/path_two
count=1
count_path=2
while [ $count -le $count_path ]
do

DESTINATION_PATH=${array[$count]}

echo "DESTINATION PATH IS: $DESTINATION_PATH"

done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with variables

hi all , i wanted to know if someone knows how can i use a variable inside another variable e.g. #!/bin/csh foreach test(1 2 3) set sta_$test = "2" ##now its the problem i want to echo the new var #$sta_$test , each time with anothe num ($test = 1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: udi
2 Replies

2. Solaris

problem with environment variables

hi , i have a problem in setting value of $TERM variable in solaris while installing the SUN SPARCT1 simulation environment on ma pc so some one plkease guide me i have attached a snapshot of my error below thankew (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Naughtydj
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with variables in awk

Hi, I've a problem with wariables in awk. My example: $ cat test.txt 12|aaaa 13|bbbb 012|cccc 0123|dddd $ cat test.awk $1 == var {print $0} $ cat test.sh /usr/xpg4/bin/awk -F"|" -v var="012" -f test.awk test.txt (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: apresa
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining two variables in ksh

I can't believe I can't figure this out... given this code: CARS_DATA_LIST=`cat /tmp/file1 | awk '{print $1}' ` FMSA_DATA_LIST=`cat /tmp/file2 | awk '{print $1}' ` The value of each of the above variables is: CARS = a b c d e f g FMSA = a b c q r s I want to declare a third... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shoeless_Mike
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

concatenate variables problem

Hello, I have a tricky problem: I have a $file with a variable number of occurrences of "ORA-" (in this case two) .......... EXP-00008: ORACLE error 3113 encountered ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel EXP-00056: ORACLE error 1403 encountered ORA-01403: no data found... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laurentiu
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining multiple variables into new variable

Hello, I am a new joiner to the forum, and have what i hope is a simple question, however I can't seem to find the answer so maybe it is not available within bash scripting. I intend to use the below script to archive files from multiple directories at once by using a loop, and a variable (n)... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dring
10 Replies

7. Programming

Combining Qt with GTK only one problem!

I am using this code: g_signal_connect(showapp_option, "activate", G_CALLBACK(&MainWindow::show_app), appindicator); so as to connect my indicator menu item to the function show_app(), and it works just fine, irregardless the fact that I get the following warning: warning: converting from... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk problem - combining awk statements

i have a datafile that has several lines that look like this: 2,dataflow,Sun Mar 17 16:50:01 2013,1363539001,2990,excelsheet,660,mortar,660,4 using the following command: awk -F, '{$3=strftime("%a %b %d %T %Y,%s",$3)}1' OFS=, $DATAFILE | egrep -v "\-OLDISSUES," | ${AWK} "/${MONTH} ${DAY}... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with variables in sed

Hello! I have a problem to insert variables with sed... And I can't find the solution. :confused: I would like to display one/few line(s) between 2 values. This line works well sed -n '/Dec 12 10:42/,/Dec 12 10:47/p' Thoses lines with variables doesn't work and I don't find the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Castelior
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help using combining variables with sed command (RHEL 7)

Here is the whole script, very simple, but I am just learning ROK_NO=$1 RPT=/tmp/test sed -E '/^SELECT/ s/(.{23}).{8}/\1'"$ROK_NO"' /' $RPT echo $RPT When I run this I get $ bash rok.sh 2388085 : No such file or directory /tmp/test When I type the command in console, it works... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: isey78
3 Replies
GATHER(3PVM)							  PVM Version 3.4						      GATHER(3PVM)

NAME
pvm_gather - A specified member of the group receives messages from each member of the group and gathers these messages into a single array. SYNOPSIS
C int info = pvm_gather( void *result, void *data, int count, int datatype, int msgtag, char *group, int rootginst) Fortran call pvmfgather(result, data, count, datatype, msgtag, group, rootginst, info) PARAMETERS
result On the root this is a pointer to the starting address of an array datatype of local values which are to be accumulated from the members of the group. If n if the number of members in the group, then this array of datatype should be of length at least n*count. This argument is meaningful only on the root. data For each group member this is a pointer to the starting address of an array of length count of datatype which will be sent to the specified root member of the group. count Integer specifying the number of elements of datatype to be sent by each member of the group to the root. datatype Integer specifying the type of the entries in the result and data arrays. (See below for defined types.) msgtag Integer message tag supplied by the user. msgtag should be >= 0. It allows the user's program to distinguish between different kinds of messages. group Character string group name of an existing group. rootginst Integer instance number of group member who performs the gather of the messages from the members of the group. info Integer status code returned by the routine. Values less than zero indicate an error. DESCRIPTION
pvm_gather() performs a send of messages from each member of the group to the specified root member of the group. All group members must call pvm_gather(), each sends its array data of length count of datatype to the root which accumulates these messages into its result array. It is as if the root receives count elements of datatype from the ith member of the group and places these values in its result array starting with offset i*count from the beginning of the result array. The root task is identified by its instance number in the group. C and Fortran defined datatypes are: C datatypes FORTRAN datatypes ----------------------------------- PVM_BYTE BYTE1 PVM_SHORT INTEGER2 PVM_INT INTEGER4 PVM_FLOAT REAL4 PVM_CPLX COMPLEX8 PVM_DOUBLE REAL8 PVM_DCPLX COMPLEX16 PVM_LONG In using the scatter and gather routines, keep in mind that C stores multidimensional arrays in row order, typically starting with an ini- tial index of 0; whereas, Fortran stores arrays in column order, typically starting with an offset of 1. Note: pvm_gather() does not block. If a task calls pvm_gather and then leaves the group before the root has called pvm_gather an error may occur. The current algorithm is very simple and robust. A future implementation may make more efficient use of the architecture to allow greater parallelism. EXAMPLES
C: info = pvm_gather(&getmatrix, &myrow, 10, PVM_INT, msgtag, "workers", rootginst); Fortran: CALL PVMFGATHER(GETMATRIX, MYCOLUMN, COUNT, INTEGER4, & MTAG, 'workers', ROOT, INFO) ERRORS
These error conditions can be returned by pvm_gather PvmNoInst Calling task is not in the group PvmBadParam The datatype specified is not appropriate PvmSysErr Pvm system error SEE ALSO
pvm_bcast(3PVM), pvm_barrier(3PVM), pvm_psend(3PVM) 21 April, 1994 GATHER(3PVM)