Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Booting from wrong SCSI-disk. Error -256 Stack Underflow Post 302380450 by wolfgang on Tuesday 15th of December 2009 08:04:22 AM
Old 12-15-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by incredible
at the ok> prompt type devalias. check for the device path for disk or disk0.
then issue ok> boot disk or <path>. before doing so, change the boot-device param at the OBP
ok
ok show-disks
a) /pci@1f,0/pci@5/scsi@2,1/disk
b) /pci@1f,0/pci@5/scsi@2/disk
c) /pci@1f,0/ide@d/cdrom
d) /pci@1f,0/ide@d/disk
q) NO SELECTION
Enter Selection, q to quit: a
/pci@1f,0/pci@5/scsi@2,1/disk has been selected.
Type ^Y ( Control-Y ) to insert it in the command line.
e.g. ok nvalias mydev ^Y
for creating devalias mydev for /pci@1f,0/pci@5/scsi@2,1/disk
ok nvalias newscsidisk(a) /pci@1f,0/pci@5/scsi@2,1/disk@0,0
ok boot newscsidisk(a)
Resetting ...

Sun Blade 150 (UltraSPARC-IIe 650MHz), No Keyboard
Copyright 2005 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved.
OpenBoot 4.17.1, 512 MB memory installed, Serial #xxxxxxxx.
Ethernet address xxxxxxxx, Host ID: xxxxxxxx.

Rebooting with command: boot newscsidisk(a)
Boot device: /pci@1f,0/pci@5/scsi@2,1/disk@0,0 File and args:
Evaluating:

Can't open boot device

ok show-disks
a) /pci@1f,0/pci@5/scsi@2,1/disk
b) /pci@1f,0/pci@5/scsi@2/disk
c) /pci@1f,0/ide@d/cdrom
d) /pci@1f,0/ide@d/disk
q) NO SELECTION
Enter Selection, q to quit: b
/pci@1f,0/pci@5/scsi@2/disk has been selected.
Type ^Y ( Control-Y ) to insert it in the command line.
e.g. ok nvalias mydev ^Y
for creating devalias mydev for /pci@1f,0/pci@5/scsi@2/disk
ok nvalias newscsidisk(b) /pci@1f,0/pci@5/scsi@2/disk@0,0
ok boot newscsidisk(b)
Boot device: /pci@1f,0/pci@5/scsi@2/disk@0,0 File and args:
boot: cannot open kernel/unix
Enter filename [kernel/unix]:
boot: cannot open kernel/unix
Enter filename [kernel/unix]: /platform/sun4u/kernel/
boot: cannot open /platform/sun4u/kernel/
Enter filename [kernel/unix]:
Enter default directory for modules [/platform/sun4u/kernel /kernel /usr/kernel]:
krtld: error during initial load/link phase
ERROR: Last Trap: Fast Data Access MMU Miss

Evaluating:
Error -256
ERROR: Last Trap: Fast Data Access MMU Miss

Evaluating:
Error -256
ok Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Scsi Disk Failed

My WS boot disk has failed so when i want to boot system (by OK boot -s or Ok boot disk0 ) i get these mesgs: disk read error boot :can not find misc/sparc9v/krtld boot:error loading interperetor (misc/sparc9v/krtld) Elf64 read error. boot failed. although it's probed ,finally i try... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nikk
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

about hoe to add new scsi disk (unixware 7.1.1)

I have installed perc 2 raid card .in installiation , one is install whole for unix file system,and other select "do not modify" after installiation ,how to use another ? add filesystem ?how to? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: luckylwf
2 Replies

3. Solaris

What's wrong with my system? Solaris not booting.

Booting the 32-bit OS ... SunOS Release 5.7 Version Generic_106541-31 Copyright (c) 1983-2002, Sun Microsystems, Inc. configuring network interfaces: le0. Hostname: wz-ultra1 metainit: wz-ultra1: there are no existing databases The system is coming up. Please wait. checking ufs... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CollenM
2 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

SCSI disk spare sectors

Is there a way to determine the number of available spare sectors on a disk ? as it may be useful for notifying a user to take a backup of the disk before it runs into a medium error. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rednex
6 Replies

5. Programming

mask_pop_op() Stack underflow error !

Hi All, I am getting this error . Can any one tell why this error occurs ??... What is the cause of the this error . Thanks, Arun (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCSI Disk

how can i determine what disks are scsi disks from the format command? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcon1
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 8 booting from wrong device

Hi, I'm trying to boot solaris 8 box and it seems to boot off from wrong device: ok boot -s Boot device: /pci@1f,0/pci@1/scsi@8/disk@0,0:a File and args: -s SunOS Release 5.8 Version Generic_108528-20 64-bit Copyright 1983-2003 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved. ifconfig:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juha
7 Replies

8. AIX

how to use a scsi disk??

hi, i removed a FC disk (it has a single VG on it) from a AIX 6.1 server and exported it to another AIX server. after doing cfgmgr -v .. the disk showed up in the second AIX 6.1 server. Now how can i see the data which is on the disk from the second AIX server. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: navadeep
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Identifying generic scsi disk on AIX 5.3

I was wondering if anyone knew of any tools that would identify generic scsi disks on servers running AIX 5.3? Going through diag into the hot plugs does not work. I know it used to for 4.3 on some servers I managed with generic scsi but for some reason I either dont the option to choose a disk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: plcj58
2 Replies

10. SCO

i can't read hard disk scsi

i was installing i my computer windows xp and sco when i use knoppix5.0 live to read scsi partition wish sco was installing show me message that i have not permission to acces in scsi hard drive help me please (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walidfinder
1 Replies
installboot(1M) 														   installboot(1M)

NAME
installboot - install bootblocks in a disk partition SYNOPSIS
installboot bootblk raw-disk-device The boot(1M) program, ufsboot, is loaded from disk by the bootblock program which resides in the boot area of a disk partition. The ufs boot objects are platform-dependent, and reside in the /usr/platform/platform-name/lib/fs/ufs directory. The platform name can be found using the -i option of uname(1). The installboot utility is a SPARC only program. It is not supported on the architecture. users should use installgrub(1M) instead. bootblk The name of the bootblock code. raw-disk-device The name of the disk device onto which the bootblock code is to be installed; it must be a character device which is read- able and writable. Naming conventions for a SCSI or IPI drive are c?t?d?s? and c?d?s? for an IDE drive. Example 1: Installing UFS Boot Block To install a ufs boot block on slice 0 of target 0 on controller 1 of the platform where the command is being run, use: example# installboot /usr/platform/`uname -i`/lib/fs/ufs/bootblk /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0 /usr/platform/platform-name/lib/fs/ufs directory where ufs boot objects reside. /platform/platform-name/ufsboot second level program to boot from a disk or CD See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ od(1), uname(1), boot(1M), init(1M), kadb(1M), kernel(1M), monitor(1M), reboot(1M), rpc.bootparamd(1M), init.d(4), attributes(5) WARNINGS
The installboot utility fails if the bootblk or openfirmware files do not exist or if the raw disk device is not a character device. 11 Apr 2005 installboot(1M)