Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Error in opening a file C++
Top Forums Programming Error in opening a file C++ Post 302379514 by forstudy3 on Friday 11th of December 2009 02:01:45 AM
Old 12-11-2009
Question Error in opening a file C++

Hi,
I have written a function which will open the file with the input name provided.Input name is in string format so while opening I am converting it using c_str().detail code below Plz let me know what is the wrong in code.

Code:

1  #include<iostream>
      2  #include<fstream>
      3  #include<string>
      4  #include<stddef.h>
      5  #include<cstddef>
      6  #include<cstring>
      8  using namespace std;
     10  int main ()
     11 {
     12 string file1,file2;
     13 string file3;
     15 fstream OpenFile(string,ios_base::openmode);
     17 cout << "Enter File Names"<<"\n";
     18 getline(cin,file1);
     19 getline(cin,file2);
     20 getline(cin,file3);
     22 ifstream INPUT1;
     23 fstream INPUT2;
     24 ofstream INPUT3;
     26 INPUT1 =  OpenFile(file1, ios::in | ios::binary);
     27 INPUT2 =  OpenFile(file2, ios::in);
     28 INPUT3 = OpenFile (file3, ios::out);
     31 INPUT1.close();
     32 INPUT2.close();
     33 INPUT3.close();
     35 return 0;
     36 }
     38      fstream OpenFile (string filename, ios_base::openmode mode)
     39     {
     40          fstream file;
     42         file.open (filename.c_str(), mode);
     43         return file;
     44     }

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

error while opening files in a directory

I tried opening the files in a directory and print thier names. But it was thowing the error "unable to open directorty at t5.pl line 2." Can u plz correct this error in below mentioned code. #!/data/scoredev/perl opendir(HOMEDIR,"c:\vin") || die("unable to open directorty");... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinay123
3 Replies

2. Programming

Error found while opening any pdf file from IE 6

Hello All, My application is followed J2ee architecture. It contains Java and jsp codes. This application generates some reports in pdf format. I am using Weblogic 10.3 and jdk 6. While I want to open the pdf in IE 6 with service pack 2 , the pdf not showing properly. It comes in byte code.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyankak
3 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

error opening website

hi I have unusual problem you might say. I can't open microsoft.com , I've checked file hosts located somewhere in windows/system32/drivers .. and its not blocked from there, what else could cause this problem, I need to download microsoft visual studio and I can't cause I can't open the website,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: c0mrade
1 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Error opening script file - location error

Hello, I know nothing about UNIX, ftp, etc. I am building an excel VBA macro which calls a .bat file. I've taken a pre-existing batch file and am trying to modify it to fit my purposes. I would be very grateful for some assistance. Here is my .bat file: echo off set... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: starcraftbud
9 Replies

5. Solaris

Very Importan - Vim Settings - Error while opening a File using vim

I downloaded vim.7.2 and compiled the vim source . Added the vim binary path to PATH (Because iam not the root of the box) when i load the file using vim it throws me an error Error detected while processing /home2/e3003091/.vimrc: line 2: E185: Cannot find color scheme darkblue line... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija
0 Replies

6. AIX

Error opening device: /dev/fscsi0

Hello, One one of my AIX boxes I'm having the following errror: fcstat fcs0: Port Speed (supported): 4 GBIT Error opening device: /dev/fscsi0 errno: 0000003d Has anyone encountered similar errors? Thank you! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixn00b
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Library error while opening firefox

I have Solaris-10 zone, where I can open firefox in GUI via MobaXterm with root user, but when I try to open it with non root user, it fails with below error $ which firefox /usr/bin/firefox $ firefox ld.so.1: firefox-bin: fatal: relocation error: file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Opening a file in vi and automatically save and quit this file using shell script

Hi friends, In my shell script, I want to open a file using vi editor. After opening the file in vi, I want to save and quit this file automatically.... all through shell script. the code segment is: ------------------------------------------------------------ cd ~/netfpga/projects/scone/sw/... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachinteotia
2 Replies

9. AIX

Opening a file in vi editor is giving out of memory error

Below is the error: Out of memory saving lines for undo - try using ed : Please help me how do I open this file. Best regards, Vishal (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LibGL error when opening GUI version of MATLAB

Hi all, Today, I have a question regarding a libGL error. Currently, I access linux server by using the terminal application in MAC. However, when I try to use GUI version of MATLAB, I have faced an error message as shown below. libGL error: No matching fbConfigs or visuals found libGL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: syg3434
1 Replies
merge(1)						      General Commands Manual							  merge(1)

NAME
merge - three-way file merge SYNOPSIS
file1 file2 file3 DESCRIPTION
combines two files that are revisions of a single original file. The original file is file2, and the revised files are file1 and file3. identifies all changes that lead from file2 to file3 and from file2 to file1, then deposits the merged text into file1. If the option is used, the result goes to standard output instead of file1. An overlap occurs if both file1 and file3 have changes in the same place. prints how many overlaps occurred, and includes both alterna- tives in the result. The alternatives are delimited as follows: lines in file1 lines in file3 If there are overlaps, edit the result in file1 and delete one of the alternatives. This command is particularly useful for revision control, especially if file1 and file3 are the ends of two branches that have file2 as a common ancestor. EXAMPLES
A typical use for is as follows: 1. To merge an RCS branch into the trunk, first check out the three different versions from RCS (see co(1)) and rename them for their revision numbers: 5.2, 5.11, and 5.2.3.3. File 5.2.3.3 is the end of an RCS branch that split off the trunk at file 5.2. 2. For this example, assume file 5.11 is the latest version on the trunk, and is also a revision of the "original" file, 5.2. Merge the branch into the trunk with the command: 3. File 5.11 now contains all changes made on the branch and the trunk, and has markings in the file to show all overlapping changes. 4. Edit file 5.11 to correct the overlaps, then use the command to check the file back in (see ci(1)). WARNINGS
uses the ed(1) system editor. Therefore, the file size limits of ed(1) apply to AUTHOR
was developed by Walter F. Tichy. SEE ALSO
diff3(1), diff(1), rcsmerge(1), co(1). merge(1)