Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help on capturing /etc/group info.....!! Post 302376351 by radoulov on Tuesday 1st of December 2009 08:43:40 AM
Old 12-01-2009
Please post a bigger part of the input file (including the problematic records you mentioned) and an example of the expected output.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge group numbers and add a column containing group names

I have a file in the following format. Groups of data merge together and the group number is indicated above each group. 1 adrf dfgr dfg 2 dfgr dfgr 3 dfef dfr fd 4 fgrt fgr fgg 5 fgrt fgr (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Secondary group info source

Experts, I know when I use id it shows only the primary group information for the given user, and that info comes from passwd file. When I use groups it shows all groups user are member of, however from where come information given by groups command? grep fmtt3990 /etc/passwd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fmattos
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge group numbers and add a column containing group names

Hi All I do have a file like this with 6 columns. Groups of data merge together and the group number is indicated above each group. 1 1 12 26 289 3.2e-027 GCGTATGGCGGC 2 12 26 215 6.7e+006 TTCCACCTTTTG 3 9 26 175 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

capturing info between words.

Dear Friends, I am facing 2 problems while writing a script 1) I have a flat file and I want to captur specific information from it. Example I have this string in the file PACK: P42 77 UNPACK: MHTT DMK I want to capture whatever is between word PACK: and word UNPACK: including... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort the file contents in each group....print the group title as well

I've this file and need to sort the data in each group File would look like this ... cat file1.txt Reason : ABC 12345-0023 32123-5400 32442-5333 Reason : DEF 42523-3453 23345-3311 Reason : HIJ 454553-0001 I would like to sort each group on the last 4 fileds and print them... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash184u
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a one liner to grep a group info from /etc/group and use that result to search passwd file

/etc/group tiadm::345:mk789,po312,jo343,ju454,ko453,yx879,iy345,hn453 bin::2:root,daemon sys::3:root,bin,adm adm::4:root,daemon uucp::5:root /etc/passwd mk789:x:234:1::/export/home/dummy:/bin/sh po312:x:234:1::/export/home/dummy:/bin/sh ju454:x:234:1::/export/home/dummy:/bin/sh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
6 Replies

7. Red Hat

Samba/Winbind issue - Can't get user and group info from sub domains

Hi, We now have a Samba or Winbind issue. The Linux client under RHEL6 can not get Windows' AD sub-domain info. See the following output please. The main domain 'Global' is shown online, but the sub-domain 'Europe' and 'Asia' are shown offline although they are online. Commands 'wbinfo -u' and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
0 Replies

8. Programming

Sql ORA-00937: not a single-group group function

I'm trying to return only one row with the highest value for PCT_MAX_USED. Any suggestions? When I add this code, I get the ORA-00937 error. trunc(max(decode( kbytes_max, 0, 0, (kbytes_alloc/kbytes_max)*100))) pct_max_used This is the original and returns all rows. select (select... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: progkcp
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Printing the user and group info

Hi All, i want to collect all the users info whose id greater than 999 and print the groups information which they belong. example : for user in $(cut -d: -f1,3 /etc/passwd | egrep ':{4}$' | cut -d: -f1); do groups $user; done centos : centos adm wheel systemd-journal balu : balu ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balu1234
2 Replies
RAGATOR(1)						      General Commands Manual							RAGATOR(1)

NAME
ragator - aggregate argus(8) data file entries. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2000-2003 QoSient. All rights reserved. SYNOPSIS
ragator [-f ragator.conf] [raoptions] DESCRIPTION
Ragator reads argus(8) data from an argus-file, and merges matching argus flow activity records together. In its default mode of options, this effectively converts argus(8) files from detail to non-detail mode, and merges periodic flow report records to a single argus record, thus compressing the argus(8) file to a reduced size. You can modify the aggregation strategy used by ragator to merge records together, by using the -f ragator.conf option. See ragator(5) for a complete description of the format and syntax of the flow model file. OPTIONS
Ragator, like all ra based clients, supports a number of ra options including filtering of input argus records through a terminating filter expression. See ra(1) for a complete description of ra options. AUTHORS
Carter Bullard (carter@qosient.com). SEE ALSO
ragator(5) ra(1), rarc(5), argus(8) tcpdump(1), 21 July 1995 RAGATOR(1)