Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Custom output on FIND
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Custom output on FIND Post 302376336 by Scott on Tuesday 1st of December 2009 07:43:35 AM
Old 12-01-2009
If you use find with a relative path (i.e. . (a dot) or directory name) then it will only display the relative path of the file.

Code:
$ find tmp -name file_1
tmp/file_1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Output of find

I have a find command that finds all files in a folder older than 6 days i.e find . -name "hourly.*" -mtime + 6 This gives me an output /oralogs/.snapshot/hourly.0 /oralogs/.snapshot/hourly.1 /oralogs/.snapshot/hourly.2 I would like the output to be hourly.0 hourly.1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: NeerajSingh
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

output of find command

Hi, I am confused about the output of find command. Please see the two find commands below. When i put "*.c" i get lots of files. But when i put *c only i get only one file. Any answer?? $ find . -name "*c" ./clarify/cheval/hp_server/rulemanager/rulemansvc... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirecting 'find' output...

Hi all, why does one version of this command work but not the other? - This file already exists with 644 mod permissions - I am logged in as d269836, no su rights. - Box is 'SunOS' running bash I think; but runs ksh scripts OK. This one works: find /users/d269836 -type f -name "*.txt"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dan-e
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Format Output

Hi, I wanna format the output in find to be like this : NUM SIZE TYPE NAME 1 942080 DIR ./a/b/CaChE.xyz 2 888832 FIC ./a/b/core.1234 3 389120 FIC ./a/b/core.12 4 229376 FIC ./xxx/xyz.bak.cache I don't know if its possible. For... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naminator
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

Output of Custom package scripts to terminal

Hi, I am doing some testing with creation of depots on HP-UX systems (11.11). Want to display some echo statements based on the processing during checkinstall, pre & postinstall scripts on the terminal. The echo statements are getting directed to /var/adm/sw/swagent.log I want to display... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to output custom characters in different order

Need a script to print a set of characters in different combination. What's the key to accomplish this. e.g charset: "Abcdefghij1" without quotes. block 1: "Abcd" block 2: "efg" block 3: "hij1" I need this script to change the order of the characters and print it to stdout e.g print out... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaonline
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output find to array

Hi I'm trying to write a shell script which finds all the .zip files in a given directory then lists them on the screen and prompts the user to select one by entering a number e.g. The available files are: 1. HaveANiceDay.zip 2. LinuxHelp.zip 3. Arrays.zip Please enter the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zX TheRipper Xz
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Custom wget output

The below hides the messy commands of wget #!/bin/bash cd 'C:\Users\cmccabe\Desktop\wget' wget -O getCSV.txt http://172.24.188.113/data/getCSV.csv progressfilt () { local flag=false c count cr=$'\r' nl=$'\n' while IFS='' read -d '' -rn 1 c do if $flag ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awking custom output

i have data that can look like this: echo "Master_Item_Service_is_down=0_njava_lang_NoClassDefFoundError=0_njava_lang_OutOfMemoryError=1_nemxCommonAppInitialization__Error_while_initializing=0_nINFO__Stopping_Coyote_HTTP_1_1_on_http_8080=7_nThe_file_or_directory_is_corrupted_and_unreadable=0_n" ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

LS -T Output in find

I have prepared a script with ls -t to fetch latest file and compare with duplicates i use below ls -t *xml |awk 'BEGIN{FS="_"}{if (++dup >= 2) print}' However for large size folder ls command not working. so i tried with find ./ -type f \( -iname "*.xml" \) | sort |awk 'BEGIN{FS="_"}{if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gold2k8
2 Replies
DH_MOVEFILES(1) 						     Debhelper							   DH_MOVEFILES(1)

NAME
dh_movefiles - move files out of debian/tmp into subpackages SYNOPSIS
dh_movefiles [debhelperoptions] [--sourcedir=dir] [-Xitem] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_movefiles is a debhelper program that is responsible for moving files out of debian/tmp or some other directory and into other package build directories. This may be useful if your package has a Makefile that installs everything into debian/tmp, and you need to break that up into subpackages. Note: dh_install is a much better program, and you are recommended to use it instead of dh_movefiles. FILES
debian/package.files Lists the files to be moved into a package, separated by whitespace. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. OPTIONS
--sourcedir=dir Instead of moving files out of debian/tmp (the default), this option makes it move files out of some other directory. Since the entire contents of the sourcedir is moved, specifying something like --sourcedir=/ is very unsafe, so to prevent mistakes, the sourcedir must be a relative filename; it cannot begin with a `/'. -Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being installed. file ... Lists files to move. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. It is an error to list files here unless you use -p, -i, or -a to tell dh_movefiles which subpackage to put them in. NOTES
Note that files are always moved out of debian/tmp by default (even if you have instructed debhelper to use a compatibility level higher than one, which does not otherwise use debian/tmp for anything at all). The idea behind this is that the package that is being built can be told to install into debian/tmp, and then files can be moved by dh_movefiles from that directory. Any files or directories that remain are ignored, and get deleted by dh_clean later. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_MOVEFILES(1)