Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Combination of case and If else in shell script Post 302376193 by Shan_u2005 on Tuesday 1st of December 2009 01:06:16 AM
Old 12-01-2009
Yes, it will definitely work...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lower case to upper case string conversion in shell script

How can convert a Lower case variable value to an upper case in the kron shell script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchalavadi
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script automation using case statement

Hi, I'm trying to write a shell script that has a menu and then dependant on the selection, will automate some samba file transfer. The problem is when I run the code without the case statement it runs fine. but when I put the case statement in the only way I can get the code to run is to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ianf
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell script to convert to Title case

I need a shell script which will convert the given string to Title case. E.g "hi man" to "Hi man" (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SankarV
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script case statement

In a case statement like below : case $rental in "car") echo "For $rental Rs.20 per k/m";; "van") echo "For $rental Rs.10 per k/m";; "jeep") echo "For $rental Rs.5 per k/m";; "bicycle") echo "For $rental 20 paisa per k/m";; *) echo "Sorry, I can not gat a $rental for you";;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram003
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script dynamically case in VAR

Hallo, I am working on a kdialog. This shall be able to load the required commands from a .conf file. First step runs good by loading the entries (selectabel entries) in a variable: MIRRORSELECT=$(kdialog --radiolist "Select your nearest mirror" $VAR1) The kdialog is accordingly correct... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ACTGADE
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Change Upper case to Lower case in C shell

Is there a command that can switch a character variable from UPPER case to lower case? like foreach AC ( ABC BCD PLL QIO) set ac `COMMAND($AC)` ... end Thanks a lot! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockytodd
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select combination unique using shell script

Hi All, bash-3.00$ gzgrep -i '\ ExecuteThread:' /******/******/******/******/stdout.log.txt.gz <Jan 7, 2012 5:54:55 PM UTC> <Error> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000337> < ExecuteThread: '414' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)' has been busy for "696" seconds working on the request... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: osmanux
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script 'CASE $'

Hi, I have a script that is called by /etc/init.d/S99oracle and the contents of this script are below. $ cat ../init.d/oracle ### BEGIN INIT INFO # Provides: oracle # Required-Start: $ALL # Required-Stop: # Default-Start: 3 5 # chkconfig: 35 99 10 # Default-Stop: # Description:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: welldone
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Case statement in UNIX shell script

have written the below code to check whether the string received from user is a file name or dir using case statement, but its going into default case*). #!/bin/sh #Get a string from user and check whether its a existing filename or not rm str2 rm str3 echo "enter a file \c" read fil... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohan0509
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic Combination Shell Script

I need to have a script read a file that has a list of words in a single column like below:Black Blue Brown Orange Red Yellow Green White Purple Silver Grey Tan Then print to another file just all of the two-word possible combinations. Example: Black,Blue Anyone want to take a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vespasian
4 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)