Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: grep in Solaris
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers grep in Solaris Post 302376108 by njafri on Monday 30th of November 2009 04:36:18 PM
Old 11-30-2009
grep in Solaris

Hello

I am trying to grep all the processes having strings "rman" and "MRTP"
i.e
ps -ef|grep (rman and MRTP)

how can i achieve this

Thankyou

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problems with grep on solaris 5.8

Hi all, I have a problem when i grep for a particular field among all fhe files in the directory. if i do an ls -l field * i can find it. however at the moment the number of files in the directory are close to 28000 and it returns an ksh: /usr/bin/grep: arg list too long Assuming i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manualvin
2 Replies

2. Solaris

grep -e doesn't work on solaris

grep -e doesn't work in Soalris. Same script with grep -e worked on AIX/HP/LINUX.. I would like to search a list of patterns on "log.txt" like ... grep -e FATAL -e ERROR log.txt I get the error message as grep: illegal option -- e Usage: grep -hblcnsviw pattern file . . . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmkraja
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep word + next line in solaris 10?

Hi my unix friends, How do I grep a word and next line with solaris 10. tnx Mehrdad ---------- Post updated at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:09 PM ---------- I found this one: cat <file_name> | awk '/<seek_word>/ {print;getline;print}' (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehrdad68
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on Grep in solaris

Hi all, I had a script which is running in HP Unix machine. Now we are migrating to Solaris i need to run the same script which is giving me errors . grep -iqf $PATTERN output.log grep -vif $PATTERN2 output2.log when i execute these in Solaris its giving me unknown option -q -f could... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: firestar
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep -o does not work in Solaris

I am using the code below to grep through a list of files (TEMPFILE) and look for rsync, rdist, rsh, ftp, etc. in each file. Do a count of each, and output that to a logfile. This works great in Linux, but not at all in Solaris because the EGREP -o option does not exist. Anyone have an idea... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitrobass24
5 Replies

6. Solaris

grep options in solaris

Hi, I am interested in knowing the grep optiojs availabel in solaris box, to get the grep results in one line from the log files. only the matched values need to be displayed. I need ot find the values in a message where the search values will be in separate lines of the input. like:... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudha143
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep issue (Solaris)

Can anyone explain this (i.e. why the 2nd grep does not find anything)?: -bash-3.00$ cat tmp.log sftp> chdir /home/test-dir sftp> mget thosefiles*.txt File "/home/test-dir/thosefiles*.txt" not found. -bash-3.00$ grep "s*.txt" tmp.log sftp> mget thosefiles*.txt File... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhebden
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep to display file name along with content in Solaris

Am using the following grep to match a particular patter in grep. grep xyz abc.txt now while i run this command, if the pattern matched, am getting the line containing xyz Output: xyz is doing some work Now if i want the file name also along with my output, what should i do Expected... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rituparna_gupta
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Need grep package with -A option for Solaris 10

Hi Guys, I need grep package with -A option for Solaris 10, Where can I download this from, Please advise. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep works on Linux but fails on Solaris

Hi, On linux i have the below command working fine. grep -o '<name>.*</name>' deploy.tmp | sed 's/\(<name>\|<\/name>\)//g' deploy.tmp But the same is failing on Solaris uname -a SunOS mymac 5.10 Generic_150400-23 sun4v sparc sun4v Can you tell me how can i get it work on Solaris ?... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
6 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)