Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Unix and Linux Product Reviews Post 302375115 by ilikecows on Thursday 26th of November 2009 01:48:16 PM
Old 11-26-2009
I think reviews would be helpful for those developing new solutions or procuring new hardware/software. I wish I had been able to find some reviews of a product my org recently bought. I would have chosen a competing product over what we bought in a heartbeat after using it and comparing it to similar products I have used.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

Print Spooler product on UNIX?

HI all, I was looking for Print Spooler products for Unix. Basically our requirement is to be able to send jobs to the spool "holded", change printing properties, view a list of jobs to be printed (based on some criteria), send a job to be printed (release) and view the contents of a specific... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bananero
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Member Reviews of the Movie: Avatar

Please comment and vote only if you saw the movie. What did you think? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
13 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Member Reviews of the Movie: Sherlock Holmes

In our last review post, members reviewed Avatar. Now, let's discuss Sherlock Holmes. (3 Replies)
3 Replies

4. Hardware

Looking for plotter MFP reviews - need new plotter for UNIX/Windows apps

We currently have an HP DesignJet 750C+ plotter (for color plotting) and a Xerox 8825 (for B/W plotting and also scanning/copying) for our engineering drawings. They are getting old and will need replacing soon (maintenance visits are on the increase, and parts for the Xerox are getting hard to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: markolinux
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Which Product to Choose?

Okay, I have an Asus A8NSLI board with an Athlon 64 and I dunno, maybe 8gig Ram and Windows has crashed for the last time so I've finally had enough and I'll make it a Unix machine. I have a new 1Tera drive and I'm all set to go. Which brand of Unix/Linux can you advise me to go for? The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abrogard
3 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Amazon Censorship on Book Reviews

Dystopia.? Censorship? Bad AI? My audiobook review of Russian Roulette on Audible (an Amazon company) was the top rated "Most Helpful" review. The "Most Helpful" review rating was 65 of 76 as of yesterday, ranking it at the top of the reviews for this audiobook. Then today, Audible (an... (1 Reply)
1 Replies
dxlicenses(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     dxlicenses(8)

NAME
dxlicenses - Adds, lists, issues, and deletes software product licenses SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/X11/dxlicenses DESCRIPTION
When you buy software, the vendor from which you purchase the software issues an agreement called a license, which gives you authorization to use the product. Most of the information required by the License Manager can be found on the Product Authorization Key (PAK), which is issued by Compaq when you purchase a software license. Use the License Manager application, dxlicenses, to: Add a licensed software product Modify a licensed software product List a licensed software product Issue a modified license product Delete a licensed software product The License Manager application can be invoked from the CDE Application Manager from the following categories: Application Group: System_Admin System Admin Subgroup: Daily Admin In License Manager, online help is available by clicking on any Help button or by using the Help pull-down menu. FILES
The License Manager application executable file The License Manager help volume The Directory containing License Manager application icons The License Manager defaults file that sets the default values for the X resources SEE ALSO
Commands: lmf(8), lmfsetup(8) Software License Management dxlicenses(8)