Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Deleting words between tags
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Deleting words between tags Post 302374887 by rdcwayx on Wednesday 25th of November 2009 07:17:36 PM
Old 11-25-2009
Code:
awk '/<start>/,/<\/start>/' file.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting symbols and characters between two words

Hi Please tell me how could i delete symbols, whitespaces, characters, words everything between two words in a line. Let my file is aaa BB ccc ddd eee FF kkk xxx 123456 BB 44^& iop FF 999 xxx uuu rrr BB hhh nnn FF 000 I want to delete everything comes in between BB and FF( deletion... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rish_max
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting blank line and row containing certain words in single sed command

Hi Is it possible to do the following in a single command /usr/xpg4/bin/sed -e '/rows selected/d' /aemu/CALLAUTO/callauto.txt > /aemu/CALLAUTO/callautonew.txt /usr/xpg4/bin/sed -e '/^$/d' /aemu/CALLAUTO/callautonew.txt > /aemu/CALLAUTO/callauto_new.txt exit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need some help deleting words from a line which are not my "Keyword"

Hi, i'm currently new to scripting and need some help with my problem, so i'll jump right to it. I have a file containing text, the file is pretty big so for the sake of this i'll just say this is the text: John id number is abc34938 Grahams id number is pending id number abc64334 is Bob's ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxkid
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete repeated strings (tags) in a line and concatenate corresponding words

Hello friends! Each line of my input file has this format: word<TAB>tag1<blankspace>lemma<TAB>tag2<blankspace>lemma ... <TAB>tag3<blankspace>lemma Of this file I need to eliminate all the repeated tags (of the same word) in a line, as in the example here below, but conserving both (all) the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjomba
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

deleting words in list with more than 2 identical adjacent characters

Morning Guys & Gals, I am trying to figure out a way to remove lines from a file that have more than 2 identical characters in sequence.. So if for instance the list would look like ; the output would be ; I can't seem to get my head around perl (among many other... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: TAPE
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting words and sorting

I have a file that looks some like this: I need to delete most of the information and sort the rest in such way that I get the following output file Any help will be greatly appreciated (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gawk gensub, match capital words and lowercase words

Hi I have strings like these : Vengeance mitt Men Vengeance gloves Women Quatro Windstopper Etip gloves Quatro Windstopper Etip gloves Girls Thermobite hooded jacket Thermobite Triclimate snow jacket Boys Thermobite Triclimate snow jacket and I would like to get the lower case words at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: louisJ
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting words between every appearance of two words

Hi there, newbie there. I've been browsing the forums hoping to find a solution that answers a problem similar to what I need, but haven't had much luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! I need to delete a bunch of text between every appearance of two words in a really large file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lendl
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count words/lines between two tags using awk

Is there an efficient awk that can count the number of lines that occur in between two tags. For instance, consider the following text: <s> Hi PP - my VBD - name DT - is NN - . SENT . </s> <s> Her PP - name VBD - is DT - the NN - same WRT - . SENT - </s> I am interested to know... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting a list of words from a text file

Hello, I have a list of words separated by spaces I am trying to delete from a text file, and I could not figure out what is the best way to do this. what I tried (does not work) : delete="password key number verify" arr=($delete) for i in arr { sed "s/\<${arr}\>]*//g" in.txt } >... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hawk4520
5 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)