Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris What default services will run when Zone installs? Post 302373120 by vijaysachin on Thursday 19th of November 2009 12:32:32 PM
Old 11-19-2009
What default services will run when Zone installs?

Hi All,

What services will run when zone is installed I found two services
by doing svcs commands is there any thing else that runs when zone installed?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

Run Level Services file

Hello, I recently updated a test system from Suse 8 to 9.3. Now our runlevel services program doesn't work, but works fine on our other 9.3 boxes. We have a file in /etc/init.d/rc3.d called S99fooprog(not actual name ofcourse). It just has a command to start a program daemon up. Anyways... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: benefactr
3 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows services for unix - How do I run in batch

I just installed Windows Services for Unix. I want to create a ksh program and schedule it using the Windows scheduler. How would I go about doing it? What would the command line look like? Do I always have to be in a ksh shell to run the batch program even if it is not scheduled? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbdenham
3 Replies

3. Solaris

How to run CRON JOB IN SOLARIS ZONE ??

Hi I am new to solaris zones........... I created a zone in solaris and i am trying to add a cron entry to that by crontab -e but when I enter that command it is just showing 253 number..... But when I enter crontab -l there are some entries my question is how to add cron entry?? when... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaysachin
3 Replies

4. Linux

Tinycore not saving application installs

So I installed tinycore on a 32 mb flash drive using unetbootin a little while ago. I tried booting into it and the unetbooting screen appeared. I selected tinycore and everything booted fine. I installed a few things like perl and links, and continued on. When I booted into it again, none of these... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: a sandwhich
1 Replies

5. Solaris

how to add a default gateway in a zone of different VLAN of global zone

Hi Greetings... I have an issue in connecting the zone from outside the network and it is because of default gateway. I can ping default gateway from inside the zone and not able to ping from global zone due to different VLAN issue. If i add two different gateways and restart network services,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vvpotugunta
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with script to automate CUPS printer installs

Good afternoon. :) I'm rather new to bash scripting, and have probably bitten off a bit more than I can chew to be honest, but I work in a service desk-like environment where one of the main complaints is that it takes our staff a long time to set up network printers on our clients' servers.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aperfecthalo
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Difference in conflict resolving between yum and rpm installs

Hi Guys, I am trying to test installation of a local rpm to my RHEL5 server. I am expecting it to fail as a previous version of the same package name exists. On using rpm -i this behaves as expected but yum install does not pick up the conflict. Here is the element of my SPEC file with the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gazza-o
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

Restart of services if port no is changed in /etc/services in RHEL

I had a doubt if any services need to be restarted if port no in /etc/services in an RHEL setup is changed. For eg, the port no of 443 for SSL may need to be changed. I hope my query is clear whether any services need to be restarted if port no in /etc/services is changed. Please revert with... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Start services based on dependent services on other AIX machine

Hi, I just started working on a script. After my research, i found a command which can help me: AIM: To build a script which starts the services (Services 1) on server 1 automatically whenever its down. And it has a dependency on other service (Service 2) on Server 2. So my script has to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: draghun9
4 Replies
SERVICES_MKDB(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					  SERVICES_MKDB(8)

NAME
services_mkdb -- generate the services databases SYNOPSIS
services_mkdb [-qv] [-o database] [-V style] [file] services_mkdb -u [file] DESCRIPTION
services_mkdb creates a db(3) database for the specified file. If no file is specified, then /etc/services is used. The database is installed into /var/db/services.cdb for CDB format and into /var/db/services.db for DB format (see -V). The file must be in the correct for- mat (see services(5)). The options are as follows: -o database Put the output databases in the named file. -q Don't warn about duplicate services. This is the default behavior. -u Print the services file to stdout, omitting duplicate entries and comments. -V Create a specific version of the database style. style can be cdb to request the CDB format (default) or db to request the DB for- mat. The DB format is useful for compatibility with old statically linked binaries. -v Warn about duplicate services. The databases are used by the C library services routines (see getservent(3)). services_mkdb exits zero on success, non-zero on failure. FILES
/var/db/services.db The current services database. /var/db/services.db.tmp A temporary file. /etc/services The current services file. SEE ALSO
db(3), getservent(3), services(5) BUGS
Because services_mkdb guarantees not to install a partial destination file it must build a temporary file in the same file system and if suc- cessful use rename(2) to install over the destination file. If services_mkdb fails it will leave the previous version of the destination file intact. BSD
May 5, 2010 BSD