Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting mysql help : query with 2 conditionals Post 302371946 by rdcwayx on Monday 16th of November 2009 07:20:30 PM
Old 11-16-2009
some clues for you.

First to convert the date (for example, change from 11-JUN to 11-06) will be more easy for sort -k

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to query one to many mysql

Hi there, I have a hierarchical database that include 4 tables. Table A is the parent of B, B is Parent of C, C is parent of D. If I want to query everything in D that is associated with A.name, how do I do that? Thanks! YanYan (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinkgladiator
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

? parameter in mysql query

I am debugging some code and came across ? in the WHERE cause in a mysql query. Is this possible and what situations would this be used? SELECT ip, count FROM table WHERE domain=? thanks & regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
2 Replies

3. Web Development

Complex MySQL Query(s)

Hi all, I have a bit of an issue, I am working on a bit of a CMDB for a friend, it's to do with real estate. Anyway, this is my situation. I have a table which contains all the properties (forsale, sold, etc) in the DB named "property". Now, this is what I want to achieve, I wish to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: STOIE
5 Replies

4. Web Development

mysql query help

hello all i have 2 columns every column in the following format column1 2011-04-01 11:39:54 column2 2019-02-03 00:00:00 i want get difference between above data as following 2 days 11:39 how to do so ? i tried many functions but nothing works please advice what is the query... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mogabr
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

mysql query in shellscript

Hi, I want to run below query on shellscript but having one problm. ADV=$( mysql -h "$IP_ADDR" -u "$USER_NAME" "$TABLE_NAME" -BNe" SELECT ADV FROM indata where inid='$INSTRUID' and Date='$latest Date';" ) here Date column contans different below dates 2011-12-01... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
11 Replies

6. Programming

mysql query help

Hello i have created mysql query to compare to values and get difference in percentage as following: SELECT file_name, 100 - ((100 * (SELECT file_count FROM xipi_files z WHERE x.file_group = z.file_group AND x.file_name = z.file_name AND z.insert_date = CURDATE( ) - INTERVAL 1 DAY)) /... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mogabr
1 Replies

7. Programming

Need help in mysql query

Hi All, i have a table in mysql with the following data Table name Test Assettype Serial_No Status location Mouse 123456 In Stock chennai Mouse 98765 Allocated chennai Keyboard ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkitesh
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need wrapper around mysql query

Hello Friends, I am using check_mysql_query plugin in nagios to query database and get output. query is working fine but output which i am getting contain query. I want to remove query from output and give custom message which will be simple and understandable. Can you help me here with any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghpradeep
5 Replies
SORTBIB(1)						      General Commands Manual							SORTBIB(1)

NAME
sortbib - sort bibliographic database SYNOPSIS
sortbib [ -sKEYS ] database ... DESCRIPTION
Sortbib sorts files of records containing refer key-letters by user-specified keys. Records may be separated by blank lines, or by .[ and .] delimiters, but the two styles may not be mixed together. This program reads through each database and pulls out key fields, which are sorted separately. The sorted key fields contain the file pointer, byte offset, and length of corresponding records. These records are delivered using disk seeks and reads, so sortbib may not be used in a pipeline to read standard input. By default, sortbib alphabetizes by the first %A and the %D fields, which contain the senior author and date. The -s option is used to specify new KEYS. For instance, -sATD will sort by author, title, and date, while -sA+D will sort by all authors, and date. Sort keys past the fourth are not meaningful. No more than 16 databases may be sorted together at one time. Records longer than 4096 characters will be truncated. Sortbib sorts on the last word on the %A line, which is assumed to be the author's last name. A word in the final position, such as ``jr.'' or ``ed.'', will be ignored if the name beforehand ends with a comma. Authors with two-word last names or unusual constructions can be sorted correctly by using the nroff convention ``'' in place of a blank. A %Q field is considered to be the same as %A, except sorting begins with the first, not the last, word. Sortbib sorts on the last word of the %D line, usually the year. It also ignores lead- ing articles (like ``A'' or ``The'') when sorting by titles in the %T or %J fields; it will ignore articles of any modern European lan- guage. If a sort-significant field is absent from a record, sortbib places that record before other records containing that field. SEE ALSO
refer(1), addbib(1), roffbib(1), indxbib(1), lookbib(1) AUTHORS
Greg Shenaut, Bill Tuthill BUGS
Records with missing author fields should probably be sorted by title. 4.2 Berkeley Distribution April 29, 1985 SORTBIB(1)