Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming how to execute the sql quires from shell script? Post 302371639 by skmdu on Monday 16th of November 2009 01:39:28 AM
Old 11-16-2009
Code:
#! /bin/sh
sqlplus -s user/passwd@DatabaseName << ENDSQL
select * from report;
exit;
ENDSQL
if [[ $? -eq 0 ]]
then
print "SQL succeeded"
else
print "SQL failed"
exit 1
fi

Hope this URL will help you.

ORACLE-BASE - Oracle Shell Scripting

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute a .sql file with shell script

hi everybody... can anyone help me in executing the .sql file with shell scripting.... thanx in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abuanas
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute SQL's

Hi people, i need youre help on this. I need to create an Shell SCript to list in a directory some sql files and then execute them one by one . Also i need to have Logs from the executed Sql's to send to our costummers. Can anyone help me on this Regards, osramos (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: osramos
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

TO execute .sql 2005 query file in shell script

Hi, I know in oracle a .sql file is called by @ <path> /<filename>. But how to call in sql 2005, I am opening the sql sessionwith sqsh, is there any command to execute there a .sql file (query in sql 2005) in K shell script. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: n2ekhil
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute the multiple line sql using shell script

Hi All, Please help me to write a shell script to execute the below sql query. select c.account_no,b.bill_no,a.pay_type,(b.total_due + b.recvd + b.adjusted + b.disputed + b.transferred) as amt_not_billed,d.cash_on_delivery, (select j.bill_no from billinfo_T y, bill_t j where... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: girish.raos
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to execute shell script in another server that contain sql.

hi all, how to execute shell script in another server that contain sql script. i tried using "ssh -l" option.. but i am unable to load the environment variable of the remote host. please suggest how execute the shell script contain sql part inside it. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep909
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to execute many SQL scripts within a shell script

I am using HP-UX: I have written a ksh script where I need to connect to sqlplus and execute few sql scripts. Part of this code is - sqlplus user/temp1234 <<! set serverout on set feedback off set pages 1000 set colsep , set echo off spool /home/supp1/pks/output.csv... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriranga
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute a sql querry from shell script?

hello forum , I am new to shell scripting. as part of my assignment i have to execute a sql querry from the shell script. please help me. example. sql queerry:db2 "select emp_id from tsble emp". i have to execute the above querry from the script. advance thanks to forum Siva ranganath (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: workforsiva
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script to execute a sql cursor

Hi All, I want some help in writing a shell script which will be in the below form: A logical representation of shell scripts: ->Shell scripts start ->Connect to database ->Execute a sql and store the output in a cursor(need to know is there any concept of cursor in unix) ->Using a loop... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chitragupta
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to execute sql query.

Hi Experts, Need your support. Not able to use sql query alias in shell script. Could you please help me in finding right way to use alias with sql query in shell script. Below is the code i am using. #!/bin/bash sqlplus -s abc/abc@abc << EOF> bcd.csv set trimspool on select zone_id... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: as7951
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute 10 sql files from a folder through sqlplus in shell script?

I am new to shell scripting and i want to know how to execute the *.sql files from a folder through sqlplus in shell script and files should be execute in sequentially one by one while execution if any ORA error it has to exit from sqlplus session 1) scripts from external folder 2) logs has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sreekanth Reddy
1 Replies
d_passwd(4)							   File Formats 						       d_passwd(4)

NAME
d_passwd - dial-up password file SYNOPSIS
/etc/d_passwd DESCRIPTION
A dial-up password is an additional password required of users who access the computer through a modem or dial-up port. The correct pass- word must be entered before the user is granted access to the computer. d_passwd is an ASCII file which contains a list of executable programs (typically shells) that require a dial-up password and the associ- ated encrypted passwords. When a user attempts to log in on any of the ports listed in the dialups file (see dialups(4)), the login program looks at the user's login entry stored in the passwd file (see passwd(4)), and compares the login shell field to the entries in d_passwd. These entries determine whether the user will be required to supply a dial-up password. Each entry in d_passwd is a single line of the form: login-shell:password: where login-shell The name of the login program that will require an additional dial-up password. password An encrypted password. Users accessing the computer through a dial-up port or modem using login-shell will be required to enter this password before gaining access to the computer. d_passwd should be owned by the root user and the root group. The file should have read and write permissions for the owner (root) only. If the user's login program in the passwd file is not found in d_passwd or if the login shell field in passwd is empty, the user must sup- ply the default password. The default password is the entry for /usr/bin/sh. If d_passwd has no entry for /usr/bin/sh, then those users whose login shell field in passwd is empty or does not match any entry in d_passwd will not be prompted for a dial-up password. Dial-up logins are disabled if d_passwd has only the following entry: /usr/bin/sh:*: EXAMPLES
Example 1: Sample d_passwd file. Here is a sample d_passwd file: /usr/lib/uucp/uucico:q.mJzTnu8icF0: /usr/bin/csh:6k/7KCFRPNVXg: /usr/bin/ksh:9df/FDf.4jkRt: /usr/bin/sh:41FuGVzGcDJlw: Generating An Encrypted Password The passwd (see passwd(1)) utility can be used to generate the encrypted password for each login program. passwd generates encrypted pass- words for users and places the password in the shadow (see shadow(4)) file. Passwords for the d_passwd file will need to be generated by first adding a temporary user id using useradd (see useradd(1M)), and then using passwd(1) to generate the desired password in the shadow file. Once the encrypted version of the password has been created, it can be copied to the d_passwd file. For example: 1. Type useradd tempuser and press Return. This creates a user named tempuser. 2. Type passwd tempuser and press Return. This creates an encrypted password for tempuser and places it in the shadow file. 3. Find the entry for tempuser in the shadow file and copy the encrypted password to the desired entry in the d_passwd file. 4. Type userdel tempuser and press Return to delete tempuser. These steps must be executed as the root user. FILES
/etc/d_passwd dial-up password file /etc/dialups list of dial-up ports requiring dial-up passwords /etc/passwd password file /etc/shadow shadow password file SEE ALSO
passwd(1), useradd(1M), dialups(4), passwd(4), shadow(4) WARNINGS
When creating a new dial-up password, be sure to remain logged in on at least one terminal while testing the new password. This ensures that there is an available terminal from which you can correct any mistakes that were made when the new password was added. SunOS 5.10 2 Sep 2004 d_passwd(4)