Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete the files older than 3 weeks in a particular directory. Post 302371487 by steadyonabix on Sunday 15th of November 2009 07:04:09 AM
Old 11-15-2009
You will almost certainly want to look at the prune option for find as well

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check whether the given file is 5 weeks older than current date

HI, I need to check whether the given file is 5 weeks older than current date ?? Can anyone give me the script for this ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: risshanth
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete files older than 5 minutes in directory (recursively)

sorry guys can some please give me a hint how to achieve this in a slick oneliner? delete files older than 5 minutes in specified directory (recursively) peace (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scarfake
3 Replies

3. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

How to delete all the files which are more than 3 weeks old in a particular directory.Thnx in advanc

(12 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajsharma
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files older than "x" if directory size is greater than "y"

I wrote a script to delete files which are older than "x" days, if the size of the directory is greater than "y" #!/bin/bash du -hs $1 while read SIZE ENTRY do if ; then find $1 -mtime +$2 -exec rm -f {} \; echo "Files older than $2 days deleted" else echo "free Space available"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesCarter
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files older than 10 Days in a directory

Hi All I want to remove the files with name like data*.csv from the directory older than 10 days. If there is no files exists to remove older than 10 days, It should not do anything. Thanks Jo (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshjohney
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete multiple folders in a directory which are two weeks old

I need help. I have to delete multiple directories inside a directory that are two weeks old. Example: Today is July 09, 2012 Folder1 > folder1 (created June 4, 2012) -- should be deleted > folder2 (created June 2, 2012) -- should be deleted > folder3 (created... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasperux
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] Pull lines older than N weeks

There is another post in the forums that is similar to what I am trying to do, however, the thread is closed. So, I am creating this new one to see if someone could help. I am trying to use the code Ahamed posted, and tweak it. With the info from the forum, I recreated the scenario the person... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: karstenjhilton
8 Replies

8. AIX

Want to delete directory, subdirectories and all files which are older than 7 days

how do i remove sub directories of a directory and all files which are older than 7 days by a single command in AIX. pls help me. I am using command as #find /gpfs1/home/vinod/hpc/ -depth -type d -mtime +7 -exec rm -rf {} \; so i want to delete all sub directories and all files from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinodkmpal
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move log files with date and delete older than 3 weeks

I have written a script which generate one logfile on every sunday and thursday I want to move the older log files into /tmp directory befor generating new one so i used mv command like mv usr/sbin/appl/logfile.txt usr/sbin/appl/tmp 2) But when i move this file to /tmp it will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nakul_sh
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

List 2 weeks older file on specific directory

Ive been a vocal of FIND command even before. Command below doesnt really give me the file that is older than two weeks.. Is there a script that will list me the log files that i want like for this date December 10, 2014, it shud list me the date between November 26, 2014 and below. When i run... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
6 Replies
prune(1)						      General Commands Manual							  prune(1)

NAME
prune - Prune directed graphs SYNOPSIS
prune [ -n node ] [ -N attrspec ] [ files ... ] DESCRIPTION
prune reads directed graphs in the same format used by dot(1) and removes subgraphs rooted at nodes specified on the command line via options. These nodes themselves will not be removed, but can be given attributes so that they can be easily located by a graph stream edi- tor such as gvpr(1). prune correctly handles cycles, loops and multi-edges. Both options can appear multiple times on the command line. All subgraphs rooted at the respective nodes given will then be processed. If a node does not exist, prune will skip it and print a warning message to stderr. If multiple attributes are given, they will be applied to all nodes that have been processed. prune writes the result to the stdout. OPTIONS
-n name Specifies name of node to prune. -N attrspec Specifies attribute that will be set (or changed if it exists) for any pruned node. attrspec is a string of the form attr=value. EXAMPLES
An input graph test.dot of the form digraph DG { A -> B; A -> C; B -> D; B -> E; } , processed by the command prune -n B test.dot would produce the following output (the actual code might be formatted in a slightly different way). digraph DG { A -> B; A -> C; } Another input graph test.dot of the form digraph DG { A -> B; A -> C; B -> D; B -> E; C -> E; } (note the additional edge from C to E ), processed by the command prune -n B -N color=red test.dot results in digraph DG { B [color=red]; A -> B; A -> C; C -> E; } Node E has not been removed since its second parent C is not being pruned. EXIT STATUS
prune returns 0 on successful completion. It returns 1 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
dot(1), gvpr(1) AUTHOR
Marcus Harnisch <marcus.harnisch@gmx.net> prune(1)