Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Harder filtering, HELP ME PLEASE Post 302369997 by Neo on Tuesday 10th of November 2009 05:55:37 AM
Old 11-10-2009
The rules for these forums are quite clear. Do not post questions with childish "Please Help Me" in the subject.

Everyone who comes here is seeking help.

Follow forum rules or do not post here.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

port filtering

hi All I have to do port filtering on Unix servers.But unfortunately ip filter is not installed on the server.Now i am thinking of stopping the services.Can anybody tell me how do i go about it?Somebody told me about etc/services option?But that does not look a viable option.I think that is only... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ujjwalmohan
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filtering a file

I have a list of directories looking something like; /usr/local/1/in /usr/local/1/out /usr/local/1/archive /usr/local/2/in /usr/local/2/out /usr/local/2/archive /usr/local/3/in /usr/local/3/out /usr/local/3/archive Is there a way I can filter the out and archive directories so I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JayC89
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

filtering column #7

Hi, I want to filter a file that contains 11 columns. Basically I want to filter based on column 7. The file that I have looks like this: 1 3 4 AB 45 run PPPPPPPOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL... 5 9 ui So for column 7 i want to delete lines that have a . OR more than 2 . So if I were to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help me to do some filtering

I have to grep a pattern. scenario is like :- Suppose "/etc/sec/one" is a string, i need to check if this string contains "one" using any utility something like if /etc/sec/one | grep ; then Thanks in advance Renjesh Raju (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
3 Replies

5. AIX

Need help with filtering

Hi!! I have a bit of a task here and filtering/scripting not my strongest. I have to collect info of approx 1100 hdiskpower.so i have appended all the hdisk into a text file and i need it to run the command lscfg -vl to confirm if the drive is symmetrix. here's what i have so far at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpundit
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filtering

Hi I am interested in DNS resolving a set of sites and each time the output is different- $ host www.yahoo.com www.yahoo.com is an alias for fd-fp3.wg1.b.yahoo.com. fd-fp3.wg1.b.yahoo.com is an alias for ds-fp3.wg1.b.yahoo.com. ds-fp3.wg1.b.yahoo.com is an alias for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filtering the duplicates

Hello, I want to filter all the duplicates of a record to one place. Sample input and output will give you better idea. I am new to unix. Can some one help me on this? Input: 7488 7389 chr1.fa chr1.fa 3546 9887 chr5.fa chr9.fa 7387 7898 chrX.fa chr3.fa 7488 7389 chr1.fa chr1.fa... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: koneru_18
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

filtering out certain output

hi guys, i have a long output and cant figure out a flexible way to show the meta members from a device. please help. some device have 2,4 or 8 meta members but for this example i have 4 meta members, what is a flexible way to pull them out from this output? need your inputs thanks. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prodigy06
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on filtering

Hi experts, I have a file image.csv as below: COMPUTERNAME,23/07/2013,22/07/2013,21/07/2013,20/07/2013,19/07/2013,18/07/2013,17/07/2013 AED03852180,3,3,3,3,3,3,3 AED03852181,3,3,3,3,3,3,1 AED09020382,3,0,3,0,3,3,3 AED09020383,1,3,3,3,2,1,3 AED09020386,3,3,0,3,3,0,3 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaq1xsw2
4 Replies
MHMAIL(1)							     [nmh-1.5]								 MHMAIL(1)

NAME
mhmail - send or read mail SYNOPSIS
mhmail [addrs ...] [-body text] [-cc addrs ...] [-from addr] [-subject subject] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
mhmail is intended as a replacement for the standard Berkeley mail program (mail or mailx), which is compatible with nmh. This program is intended for the use of programs such as cron, which expect to send mail automatically to various users. It is also used by various nmh commands to mail various error notifications. Although mhmail can be used interactively, it is recommended that comp and send be used instead to send messages. When invoked without arguments, it simply invokes inc to incorporate new messages from the user's maildrop. When one or more users is specified, a message is read from the standard input and spooled to a temporary file. mhmail then invokes post with the name of the tempo- rary file as its argument to deliver the message to the specified user. The -subject subject switch can be used to specify the "Subject:" field of the message. By default, mhmail will read the message to be sent from the standard input. You can specify the text of the message at the command line with the -body text switch. If the standard input has zero length, mhmail will not send the message. You can use the switch -body "" to force an empty message. Normally, addresses appearing as arguments are put in the "To:" field. If the -cc switch is used, all addresses following it are placed in the "cc:" field. By using -from addr, you can specify the "From:" header of the draft. Naturally, post will fill-in the "Sender:" header correctly. FILES
/usr/bin/mh/inc Program to incorporate maildrop into folder /usr/lib/mh/post Program to deliver a message /tmp/mhmail* Temporary copy of message SEE ALSO
inc(1), post(8) DEFAULTS
None CONTEXT
If inc is invoked, then inc's context changes occur. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 MHMAIL(1)