Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: VSFTPD
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers VSFTPD Post 302369720 by mojoman on Monday 9th of November 2009 10:44:49 AM
Old 11-09-2009
VSFTPD

Hi,

I am using VSFTPD.
I have instructed it to send all logging informartion to /var/log/messages.
I would like it to record the names of users who have failed loggin attempts. I have read up on it but have not found out how to do this. Any ideas?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Service + vsftpd

Hello, I have two problems: 1. The service command does not work on my system! I mean when I enter: service ... start I get: bash: service: command not found 2. I want to launch my vsftpd server. I tried to launch it using service command and you see that it didn't work! Please help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HSN
1 Replies

2. Linux

VSFTPD, cannot login

I setup vsftpd.conf as follows and tried to login using root and normal user 'winston' but failed authentication. Any idea what's wrong? ======================== CONTENTS OF /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf anonymous_enable=NO local_enable=YES dirmessage_enable=YES connect_from_port_20=YES... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: panggou
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem using VSFTPD

Hello, When my fellow employees loggin to the FTP server they have no problems if they use FTP clients. When they try and access the FTP site using their browsers using ftp://<domain> name all they get is a pub directory which is empty. They are not even prompted for loggin. How to fix... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vsftpd with SSL

Hi there. Im studying and i've got an exercise that i cannot fully understand. Im trying and testing, but it didnt works What i need to configure ftps ( vsftpd ) with openssl? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andriusman
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

configuring vsftpd

hi everybody, i am new to linux. iam using centos 6.2, and trying to configure ftp server in my local network, i have seen one fpt server how to videos tutriol but iam unable to follow i have some confussion in /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf about userlist_enable and userlist_deny,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: paruhang
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Vsftpd not installing

$ rpm -ivh vsftpd-2.2.2-6.el6.i686.rpm warning: vsftpd-2.2.2-6.el6.i686.rpm: Header V3 RSA/SHA256 Signature, key ID fd431d51: NOKEY error: can't create transaction lock on /var/lib/rpm/.rpm.lock (Permission denied) why is it actually happening am goin nuts plzz help me out :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lost101
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Vsftpd serious issues

hello mighty all there's a problem in vsftpd it allows to delete files which have 000 mode and root:root owner also 400 even with option deny_file={those_files} - still allowed i'm doing it through mc through ftp-shell it's not allowed it's not working if mother-dir have -w and not working... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tip78
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Vsftpd is not working

Hi, I installed debian jessie and friend asked me to install for him vsftpd, of course, first I try at my vps, but I don't get it to work. there are many tutorials to install ftp server but as i said, it is not working and beside running ftp server, I need for him and some GUI to use it, he is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alanford
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Vsftpd

Hello I am new to linux. I have recently installed vsftpd in my Centos server. I have set the local_umask=0037. But now i can't understand how the window users added in a centos server can see each-other folder. ---------- Post updated at 05:59 AM ---------- Previous update was at 05:55 AM... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maham Zahid
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Does vsftpd support user access with client certificate with priv/pub key + vsftpd certificate?

:rolleyes:I am trying to setup all certificate based client-server environment in Linux using vsftpd and curl with openssl. I would like to make a user access with vsftpd certificate and user own client certificate (self-signed) with private/public key. I don't see google posts about the my plan... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogogo
4 Replies
sms_client(1)							   User Manuals 						     sms_client(1)

NAME
sms_client - send messages to mobiles and pagers. SYNOPSIS
sms_client [-v] sms_client [-d] sms_client [-q] [-l loglevel] [service:]number|name[,[service:]number|name] [message] ... DESCRIPTION
A simple client implementation for the GSM Short Message Service (SMS) using TAP. Allowing you to send messages to mobile phones and pagers. Several drivers have also been written for providers who use protocols other than TAP. This client dials the Short Message Service centre and passes on your message addressed to the number or name you specified. Any name you use is expanded to the number from either the Local or Global resource files. The Local file is searched first then the Global file. A user can set up his own preferences to overide those set in the Global file. Information regarding the status of the call is displayed, along with the response given by the SMS centre as the message is transmitted. If no message is present, sms_client takes the message from standard input. OPTIONS
-q Quiet mode, no output. -l All messages output are appended to /var/log/smsclient.log, there are several level of loggin. The default loglevel is STANDARD other loggin levels provided include. 1 - ERROR 2 - WARNING 3 - STANDARD 4 - VERBOSE 5 - EXTREMELY VERBOSE -v Print version information. -d Print all driver/protocols currently built into sms_client. [service:]number|name[,[service:]number|name] A name can be used instead of a number, if a name is used it is searched for in the Global and Local resource files and replaced by the number. You can group names and numbers but they must be seperated by a comma and must contain no whitespace. Numbers must be in International format. For UK Numbers remove leading 0 and add 44 prefix. If a number is prefixed with service: then that service is used in preference to the default service. [message]... A Quoted message that you want to send. If this is absent the message is read from stdin. The maximum length of the message is cur- rently set to a limit of 150 characters, if your message exceeds this length you will be notified with an error message. RETURN VALUES
On Success the return value is set to zero. Any other value indicates an error occurred. Each number dialed will have a corresponding output of the form: [###]SERVICE:NUMBER Where ### is the delivery code, 000 indicates successful delivery other values can be found in sms_error.h EXAMPLES
sms_client 123456 'Hello 123456' Use default service and send message to 123456 sms_client mike 'Hello mike' Use default service and send message to number associated with name mike found in one of the resource files. sms_client mike,angelo 'Hello mike and angelo' Use default service and send message to number associated with names mike and angelo found in one of the resource files. FILES
/etc/smsclient/sms_addressbook The Global addressbook file. Containing names and numbers. ~/.sms_addressbook The Local addressbook file. Contains names and numbers which can override those in the Global resource file. /etc/smsclient/sms_config Containing default service and other sms_client defaults. /etc/smsclient/sms_services Containing service to protocol mappings. /etc/smsclient/sms_modem Containing default modem settings. /etc/smsclient/services Directory containing all services - Each service is denoted by filename (in UPPERCASE) and contains defaults for that service, such as telephone number of service centre, comms params etc. /var/lock/smslock Lockfile generated when smsclient is running. /var/log/smslog Log file where all messages that are produced are copied. AUTHOR
Angelo Masci <angelo@styx.demon.co.uk> changed by Michael Holzt <kju@debian.org> for the Debian/GNU Linux Package VERSION
2.0.7 Linux 19 Oct 1998 sms_client(1)