Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How do you make web sites?
Top Forums Web Development How do you make web sites? Post 302369075 by TonyLawrence on Friday 6th of November 2009 11:23:21 AM
Old 11-06-2009
For a new user, I suggest WordPress.com » Get a Free Blog Here

I'm not personally a fan of Wordpress, but a large number of folks use it so it's easy to find help if you need it. By using Wordpress.com, if you later decided to transfer to your own hosted Wordpresss site (to get more features and control than the Wordpress.com hosting offers), it's easy to transfer the site.

For those that care - I don't like Wordpress exactly because of what makes others rave about it - the PHP templating system. But it's a very easy place to start and for small sites that mostly want to stay away from technical details while still being able to customize, Wordpress is a good choice.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do i make a web page

hey uhh this is my first post and i was wondering how do i make a web page for like a small business or something anything will help thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neil Peart
3 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

Use UNIX to track web sites viewed?

I'm on OSX 10.4. I was wondering if you can use UNIX terminal to track what web sites have been viewed on this Mac... Thank you! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tracymanusa
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Make a Web page

I'm 13 years of age and I am into computers. I am trying to learn how to make a webpage. I could use the help and I would greatly appriciate it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lydia98
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Web sites

Hi, I can't view web portal in my intranet from linux RHE, and neither to web application. My network configuration /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/fcfg-eth0 is ok, what is happen?, can you help me please. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xochitl
2 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Your Favorite Tech Support Web Sites and Why?

Where do you go to participate in technical discussions besides UNIX.COM and why? Personally, I do not really participate in other forums and discussion boards, but I do ask questions from time to time on Stack sites. The problem I have with Stack is that my questions are never answered on any... (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
30 Replies
MONBOOB(1)						      General Commands Manual							MONBOOB(1)

NAME
monboob - Daemon allowing to regularly check for new messages on various websites SYNOPSIS
monboob [-dqv] [-b backends] [-cnfs] [command [arguments..]] monboob [--help] [--version] DESCRIPTION
Daemon allowing to regularly check for new messages on various websites, and send an email for each message, and post a reply to a message on a website. Supported websites: * aum ("Adopte un Mec" French dating website) * bnporc (BNP Paribas French bank website) * bouygues (Bouygues Telecom French mobile phone provider) * dlfp (Da Linux French Page news website) * ecrans (Ecrans French news website) * fourchan (4chan image board) * hds (Histoires de Sexe French erotic novels) * inrocks (Les Inrocks French news website) * lefigaro (Le Figaro French newspaper website) * minutes20 (2 Minutes French newspaper website) * newsfeed (Loads RSS and Atom feeds from any website) * okc (OkCupid dating website) * orange (Orange French mobile phone provider) * phpbb (phpBB forum) * presseurop (Presseurop website) * sfr (SFR French mobile phone provider) * taz (Taz newspaper website) MONBOOB COMMANDS
once Send mails only once, then exit. post Pipe with a mail to post message. run Run the fetching daemon. OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit -b BACKENDS, --backends=BACKENDS what backend(s) to enable (comma separated) MONBOOB OPTIONS
-S SMTPD, --smtpd=SMTPD run a fake smtpd server and set the port LOGGING OPTIONS
-d, --debug display debug messages -q, --quiet display only error messages -v, --verbose display info messages --logging-file=LOGGING_FILE file to save logs -a, --save-responses save every response RESULTS OPTIONS
-c CONDITION, --condition=CONDITION filter result items to display given a boolean expression -n COUNT, --count=COUNT get a maximum number of results (all backends merged) -s SELECT, --select=SELECT select result item keys to display (comma separated) FORMATTING OPTIONS
-f FORMATTER, --formatter=FORMATTER select output formatter (csv, htmltable, multiline, simple, table, webkit) --no-header do not display header --no-keys do not display item keys -O OUTFILE, --outfile=OUTFILE file to export result COPYRIGHT
Copyright(C) 2010-2011 Romain Bignon For full COPYRIGHT see COPYING file with weboob package. FILES
"~/.config/weboob/backends" "~/.config/weboob/monboob" SEE ALSO
Home page: http://weboob.org/applications/monboob monboob 0.c 04 May 2012 MONBOOB(1)